New ‘Maleficent’ Trailer Recently Out, Angelina Jolie and Director Comment About The Movie’s Different Approach [WATCH PROMO VIDEO]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 6, 2014 3:57 PM EST
A new trailer for Disney's "Maleficent" was recently released, and the movie will soon hit theaters May 30. The film rather focuses on the antihero to the classic story of the "Sleeping Beauty," and to how this character became the villain that she was. This unconventional take in the story could make viewers root for evil's side this time.
Angelina Jolie arrives at the British Academy of Film and Arts (BAFTA) awards ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 16, 2014. REUTERS/Luke MacGregor
Maleficent (Angelina Jolie) is a fictional character that played as the villain and evil mistress to Princes Aurora (played by Elle Fanning in the new movie) in Walt Disney Pictures 1959 film Sleeping Beauty. According to the story, the Mistress of All Evil cursed the infant princess to "prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and die" before the sun sets on her sixteenth birthday. With this scene included in the upcoming movie (as shown in the movie trailers), the story focuses more Maleficent's origins then later progresses to the evil character that she was known for.
But the story won't go so far from the classics that everybody loved. The creators of the film promised to bring the original story with an exciting new twist of Maleficent's side. Like telling a balanced and equal story, and considering two sides of the coin, movie director Robert Stormberg revamped the fairy tale for viewers. According to him in a report from E!Online, "This film gives us an opportunity to find out the history of Maleficent and what drove her to the dark side."
In the same news Angelina Jolie adds, "We've respected the classic. We've tried to bring you what you love about the story," she said. "We also hope to hope to bring a world that you've never seen before. It's a very beautiful story, and I think it is very different from what people are going to expect."
CREDIT:Disney Movie Trailers/YouTube
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown