New ‘Maleficent’ Trailer Recently Out, Angelina Jolie and Director Comment About The Movie’s Different Approach [WATCH PROMO VIDEO]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 6, 2014 3:57 PM EST
A new trailer for Disney's "Maleficent" was recently released, and the movie will soon hit theaters May 30. The film rather focuses on the antihero to the classic story of the "Sleeping Beauty," and to how this character became the villain that she was. This unconventional take in the story could make viewers root for evil's side this time.
Angelina Jolie arrives at the British Academy of Film and Arts (BAFTA) awards ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 16, 2014. REUTERS/Luke MacGregor
Maleficent (Angelina Jolie) is a fictional character that played as the villain and evil mistress to Princes Aurora (played by Elle Fanning in the new movie) in Walt Disney Pictures 1959 film Sleeping Beauty. According to the story, the Mistress of All Evil cursed the infant princess to "prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and die" before the sun sets on her sixteenth birthday. With this scene included in the upcoming movie (as shown in the movie trailers), the story focuses more Maleficent's origins then later progresses to the evil character that she was known for.
But the story won't go so far from the classics that everybody loved. The creators of the film promised to bring the original story with an exciting new twist of Maleficent's side. Like telling a balanced and equal story, and considering two sides of the coin, movie director Robert Stormberg revamped the fairy tale for viewers. According to him in a report from E!Online, "This film gives us an opportunity to find out the history of Maleficent and what drove her to the dark side."
In the same news Angelina Jolie adds, "We've respected the classic. We've tried to bring you what you love about the story," she said. "We also hope to hope to bring a world that you've never seen before. It's a very beautiful story, and I think it is very different from what people are going to expect."
CREDIT:Disney Movie Trailers/YouTube
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares