New ‘Maleficent’ Trailer Recently Out, Angelina Jolie and Director Comment About The Movie’s Different Approach [WATCH PROMO VIDEO]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 6, 2014 3:57 PM EST
A new trailer for Disney's "Maleficent" was recently released, and the movie will soon hit theaters May 30. The film rather focuses on the antihero to the classic story of the "Sleeping Beauty," and to how this character became the villain that she was. This unconventional take in the story could make viewers root for evil's side this time.
Angelina Jolie arrives at the British Academy of Film and Arts (BAFTA) awards ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 16, 2014. REUTERS/Luke MacGregor
Maleficent (Angelina Jolie) is a fictional character that played as the villain and evil mistress to Princes Aurora (played by Elle Fanning in the new movie) in Walt Disney Pictures 1959 film Sleeping Beauty. According to the story, the Mistress of All Evil cursed the infant princess to "prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and die" before the sun sets on her sixteenth birthday. With this scene included in the upcoming movie (as shown in the movie trailers), the story focuses more Maleficent's origins then later progresses to the evil character that she was known for.
But the story won't go so far from the classics that everybody loved. The creators of the film promised to bring the original story with an exciting new twist of Maleficent's side. Like telling a balanced and equal story, and considering two sides of the coin, movie director Robert Stormberg revamped the fairy tale for viewers. According to him in a report from E!Online, "This film gives us an opportunity to find out the history of Maleficent and what drove her to the dark side."
In the same news Angelina Jolie adds, "We've respected the classic. We've tried to bring you what you love about the story," she said. "We also hope to hope to bring a world that you've never seen before. It's a very beautiful story, and I think it is very different from what people are going to expect."
CREDIT:Disney Movie Trailers/YouTube
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation