FC Barcelona Winger Neymar to ‘Collaborate’ with One Direction
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 6, 2014 3:53 PM EST
A new report say that FC Barcelona winger Neymar Jr. wants to "collaborate" with the boys of One Direction.
According to Metro.co.uk, Neymar has spoken to CNN where he revealed his desire of working with the British boyband in the future. "I like One Direction, they're an excellent band," Neymar exclaimed. "I'd like to collaborate with them, without a doubt," Neymar added.
FC Barcelona's soccer players Neymar (R) and Dani Alves arrive to attend former coach Tito Vilanova's memorial service at Barcelona Cathedral April 28, 2014. Vilanova has died following a battle with cancer that forced him to stand down at the end of last season, the club announced on April 25, 2014. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Neymar didn't really elaborate what he meant when he said that he wanted to collaborate with One Direction. Does it mean that he wants to have a go with the lads playing soccer or does it mean he wants to record a song with Harry Styles and the rest of the band? The British Web site speculated that the unlikely pair might record a song though.
"One Direction's stars are often spotted at Barca Matches, with the player and the band meeting up after matches, so perhaps, we should expect a song to drop sooner, than later," the Web site wrote.
It looks like the collaboration between Neymar and One Direction might happen soon after the Barca star posted a picture of him with 1D's Niall Horan. "Honor to meet you, I'm a fan and admire the whole group," Neymar wrote as the photo's caption.
Not known to many, Neymar likes to sing, at least, sometimes. In 2012, Neymar joined Brazilian singer-songwriter Michel Telo onstage while the latter was performing his hit song Ai Se Eu Te Pego, which means When I Catch You. Neymar played a big role in the song's popularity after he was seen on a video dancing to the song.
In January 2014, Neymar posted a video on Instagram showing his talents of playing piano, the Daily Mail reported. He was performing his own rendition of Alicia Keys' song If I Ain't Got You. His performance was hugely remarkable for a football athlete, that is, if he was really the one playing the piano (his hands weren't really seen in the video.)
Neymar, apparently, isn't satisfied with just doing impressive things on the football pitch. Will he really collaborate with One Direction and become the next singing sensation?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates