FC Barcelona Winger Neymar to ‘Collaborate’ with One Direction
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 6, 2014 3:53 PM EST
A new report say that FC Barcelona winger Neymar Jr. wants to "collaborate" with the boys of One Direction.
According to Metro.co.uk, Neymar has spoken to CNN where he revealed his desire of working with the British boyband in the future. "I like One Direction, they're an excellent band," Neymar exclaimed. "I'd like to collaborate with them, without a doubt," Neymar added.
FC Barcelona's soccer players Neymar (R) and Dani Alves arrive to attend former coach Tito Vilanova's memorial service at Barcelona Cathedral April 28, 2014. Vilanova has died following a battle with cancer that forced him to stand down at the end of last season, the club announced on April 25, 2014. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Neymar didn't really elaborate what he meant when he said that he wanted to collaborate with One Direction. Does it mean that he wants to have a go with the lads playing soccer or does it mean he wants to record a song with Harry Styles and the rest of the band? The British Web site speculated that the unlikely pair might record a song though.
"One Direction's stars are often spotted at Barca Matches, with the player and the band meeting up after matches, so perhaps, we should expect a song to drop sooner, than later," the Web site wrote.
It looks like the collaboration between Neymar and One Direction might happen soon after the Barca star posted a picture of him with 1D's Niall Horan. "Honor to meet you, I'm a fan and admire the whole group," Neymar wrote as the photo's caption.
Not known to many, Neymar likes to sing, at least, sometimes. In 2012, Neymar joined Brazilian singer-songwriter Michel Telo onstage while the latter was performing his hit song Ai Se Eu Te Pego, which means When I Catch You. Neymar played a big role in the song's popularity after he was seen on a video dancing to the song.
In January 2014, Neymar posted a video on Instagram showing his talents of playing piano, the Daily Mail reported. He was performing his own rendition of Alicia Keys' song If I Ain't Got You. His performance was hugely remarkable for a football athlete, that is, if he was really the one playing the piano (his hands weren't really seen in the video.)
Neymar, apparently, isn't satisfied with just doing impressive things on the football pitch. Will he really collaborate with One Direction and become the next singing sensation?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge