FC Barcelona Winger Neymar to ‘Collaborate’ with One Direction
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 6, 2014 3:53 PM EST
A new report say that FC Barcelona winger Neymar Jr. wants to "collaborate" with the boys of One Direction.
According to Metro.co.uk, Neymar has spoken to CNN where he revealed his desire of working with the British boyband in the future. "I like One Direction, they're an excellent band," Neymar exclaimed. "I'd like to collaborate with them, without a doubt," Neymar added.
FC Barcelona's soccer players Neymar (R) and Dani Alves arrive to attend former coach Tito Vilanova's memorial service at Barcelona Cathedral April 28, 2014. Vilanova has died following a battle with cancer that forced him to stand down at the end of last season, the club announced on April 25, 2014. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Neymar didn't really elaborate what he meant when he said that he wanted to collaborate with One Direction. Does it mean that he wants to have a go with the lads playing soccer or does it mean he wants to record a song with Harry Styles and the rest of the band? The British Web site speculated that the unlikely pair might record a song though.
"One Direction's stars are often spotted at Barca Matches, with the player and the band meeting up after matches, so perhaps, we should expect a song to drop sooner, than later," the Web site wrote.
It looks like the collaboration between Neymar and One Direction might happen soon after the Barca star posted a picture of him with 1D's Niall Horan. "Honor to meet you, I'm a fan and admire the whole group," Neymar wrote as the photo's caption.
Not known to many, Neymar likes to sing, at least, sometimes. In 2012, Neymar joined Brazilian singer-songwriter Michel Telo onstage while the latter was performing his hit song Ai Se Eu Te Pego, which means When I Catch You. Neymar played a big role in the song's popularity after he was seen on a video dancing to the song.
In January 2014, Neymar posted a video on Instagram showing his talents of playing piano, the Daily Mail reported. He was performing his own rendition of Alicia Keys' song If I Ain't Got You. His performance was hugely remarkable for a football athlete, that is, if he was really the one playing the piano (his hands weren't really seen in the video.)
Neymar, apparently, isn't satisfied with just doing impressive things on the football pitch. Will he really collaborate with One Direction and become the next singing sensation?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon