FC Barcelona Winger Neymar to ‘Collaborate’ with One Direction
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 6, 2014 3:53 PM EST
A new report say that FC Barcelona winger Neymar Jr. wants to "collaborate" with the boys of One Direction.
According to Metro.co.uk, Neymar has spoken to CNN where he revealed his desire of working with the British boyband in the future. "I like One Direction, they're an excellent band," Neymar exclaimed. "I'd like to collaborate with them, without a doubt," Neymar added.
FC Barcelona's soccer players Neymar (R) and Dani Alves arrive to attend former coach Tito Vilanova's memorial service at Barcelona Cathedral April 28, 2014. Vilanova has died following a battle with cancer that forced him to stand down at the end of last season, the club announced on April 25, 2014. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Neymar didn't really elaborate what he meant when he said that he wanted to collaborate with One Direction. Does it mean that he wants to have a go with the lads playing soccer or does it mean he wants to record a song with Harry Styles and the rest of the band? The British Web site speculated that the unlikely pair might record a song though.
"One Direction's stars are often spotted at Barca Matches, with the player and the band meeting up after matches, so perhaps, we should expect a song to drop sooner, than later," the Web site wrote.
It looks like the collaboration between Neymar and One Direction might happen soon after the Barca star posted a picture of him with 1D's Niall Horan. "Honor to meet you, I'm a fan and admire the whole group," Neymar wrote as the photo's caption.
Not known to many, Neymar likes to sing, at least, sometimes. In 2012, Neymar joined Brazilian singer-songwriter Michel Telo onstage while the latter was performing his hit song Ai Se Eu Te Pego, which means When I Catch You. Neymar played a big role in the song's popularity after he was seen on a video dancing to the song.
In January 2014, Neymar posted a video on Instagram showing his talents of playing piano, the Daily Mail reported. He was performing his own rendition of Alicia Keys' song If I Ain't Got You. His performance was hugely remarkable for a football athlete, that is, if he was really the one playing the piano (his hands weren't really seen in the video.)
Neymar, apparently, isn't satisfied with just doing impressive things on the football pitch. Will he really collaborate with One Direction and become the next singing sensation?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’