FC Barcelona Winger Neymar to ‘Collaborate’ with One Direction
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 6, 2014 3:53 PM EST
A new report say that FC Barcelona winger Neymar Jr. wants to "collaborate" with the boys of One Direction.
According to Metro.co.uk, Neymar has spoken to CNN where he revealed his desire of working with the British boyband in the future. "I like One Direction, they're an excellent band," Neymar exclaimed. "I'd like to collaborate with them, without a doubt," Neymar added.
FC Barcelona's soccer players Neymar (R) and Dani Alves arrive to attend former coach Tito Vilanova's memorial service at Barcelona Cathedral April 28, 2014. Vilanova has died following a battle with cancer that forced him to stand down at the end of last season, the club announced on April 25, 2014. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Neymar didn't really elaborate what he meant when he said that he wanted to collaborate with One Direction. Does it mean that he wants to have a go with the lads playing soccer or does it mean he wants to record a song with Harry Styles and the rest of the band? The British Web site speculated that the unlikely pair might record a song though.
"One Direction's stars are often spotted at Barca Matches, with the player and the band meeting up after matches, so perhaps, we should expect a song to drop sooner, than later," the Web site wrote.
It looks like the collaboration between Neymar and One Direction might happen soon after the Barca star posted a picture of him with 1D's Niall Horan. "Honor to meet you, I'm a fan and admire the whole group," Neymar wrote as the photo's caption.
Not known to many, Neymar likes to sing, at least, sometimes. In 2012, Neymar joined Brazilian singer-songwriter Michel Telo onstage while the latter was performing his hit song Ai Se Eu Te Pego, which means When I Catch You. Neymar played a big role in the song's popularity after he was seen on a video dancing to the song.
In January 2014, Neymar posted a video on Instagram showing his talents of playing piano, the Daily Mail reported. He was performing his own rendition of Alicia Keys' song If I Ain't Got You. His performance was hugely remarkable for a football athlete, that is, if he was really the one playing the piano (his hands weren't really seen in the video.)
Neymar, apparently, isn't satisfied with just doing impressive things on the football pitch. Will he really collaborate with One Direction and become the next singing sensation?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage