‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ Actress Sally Field Unveils Star on Hollywood ‘Walk of Fame’ [PHOTOS]
May 6, 2014 3:46 PM EST
‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ Actress Sally Field Unveils Star at Hollywood ‘Walk of Fame’ [PHOTOS]
A new star was unveiled. In honour of Sally Field's 50 years in the entertainment industry, the 2,524th star was revealed on the "Walk of Fame" in Hollywood, California on Monday, May 5, 2014. The actress just joined Kate Winslet and Orlando Bloom, whose stars were recently unveiled this year, respectively.
"To have a long-term career, you have to want what you want, more than you think you're capable of wanting," the 67-year-old actress said in her speech, as covered by Reuters.
"You have to constantly step aside anything having to do with ego, entitlements, and just head for the work wherever it might lead," Sally Field continued. "I've worked my whole life, and feel the many miles I have accumulated in this saddle. And I can tell you... in these last 50 years I have not ever, not once considered changing my mind," she said.
The 67-year-old actress has made her recent movie appearance in the "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" movie, playing the role of Peter Parker's Aunt May. However, even though she was part of the cast, joining Andrew Garfield (Spider-Man a.k.a. Peter Parker) and Emma Stone (Gwen Stacy), Sally Field recently admitted that she has never seen any of the Spider-Man reboot.
Prior to the U.S. premiere of the Amazing Spider-Man 2, a recent interview on "The Late Show with David Letterman" revealed that Field apparently hasn't seen the superhero movie and was even more surprised when she learned that the movie has been a box-office hit. Nevertheless, the actress made a vow to Letterman that she would go watch the movies.
But aside from her Aunt May role, Field may also be reprising her role in the sequel to the 1993 family classic "Mrs. Doubtfire." The Hollywood Reporter made the first report that Fox 2000 is bringing Mrs. Doubtfire back with a sequel.
So when MTV News caught up with Field on the red carpet premiere of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, the actress was asked about the possible plot details of the sequel. However, the actress said that she didn't know any plot details except she could be "Mr. Doubtfire."
Also, adding up to the actress' long list of accomplishments, Sally Field was included in the April 10 article of Yahoo Movies "50 Great Actors Alive" with the actress bagging home the 39th spot.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Joan Rivers Health Update: Comedienne On Life Support, Daughter Melissa Rivers 'In Denial', Outpouring Of Get-Well Wishes -- Reports
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How