‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ Actress Sally Field Unveils Star on Hollywood ‘Walk of Fame’ [PHOTOS]
May 6, 2014 3:46 PM EST
‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ Actress Sally Field Unveils Star at Hollywood ‘Walk of Fame’ [PHOTOS]
A new star was unveiled. In honour of Sally Field's 50 years in the entertainment industry, the 2,524th star was revealed on the "Walk of Fame" in Hollywood, California on Monday, May 5, 2014. The actress just joined Kate Winslet and Orlando Bloom, whose stars were recently unveiled this year, respectively.
"To have a long-term career, you have to want what you want, more than you think you're capable of wanting," the 67-year-old actress said in her speech, as covered by Reuters.
"You have to constantly step aside anything having to do with ego, entitlements, and just head for the work wherever it might lead," Sally Field continued. "I've worked my whole life, and feel the many miles I have accumulated in this saddle. And I can tell you... in these last 50 years I have not ever, not once considered changing my mind," she said.
The 67-year-old actress has made her recent movie appearance in the "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" movie, playing the role of Peter Parker's Aunt May. However, even though she was part of the cast, joining Andrew Garfield (Spider-Man a.k.a. Peter Parker) and Emma Stone (Gwen Stacy), Sally Field recently admitted that she has never seen any of the Spider-Man reboot.
Prior to the U.S. premiere of the Amazing Spider-Man 2, a recent interview on "The Late Show with David Letterman" revealed that Field apparently hasn't seen the superhero movie and was even more surprised when she learned that the movie has been a box-office hit. Nevertheless, the actress made a vow to Letterman that she would go watch the movies.
But aside from her Aunt May role, Field may also be reprising her role in the sequel to the 1993 family classic "Mrs. Doubtfire." The Hollywood Reporter made the first report that Fox 2000 is bringing Mrs. Doubtfire back with a sequel.
So when MTV News caught up with Field on the red carpet premiere of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, the actress was asked about the possible plot details of the sequel. However, the actress said that she didn't know any plot details except she could be "Mr. Doubtfire."
Also, adding up to the actress' long list of accomplishments, Sally Field was included in the April 10 article of Yahoo Movies "50 Great Actors Alive" with the actress bagging home the 39th spot.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video