Android v4.4.2 KitKat Now Released to Xolo Q1000 Opus in India
By Rohit KVN | May 6, 2014 3:46 PM EST
Sunder Pichai /Twitter
KitKat Statue unveiled at Google's Mountain View Campus
The company took to its official Facebook page to confirm the news. The new update is 293.98 MB in size and currently available via manual download from company. [Xolo Q1000 Opus owners can download.zip file of the update, here]
Xolo Q1000 Opus made its debut in December 2013, and shipped with Android v4.2.2 Jelly Bean out-of-the-box, and now with the new KitKat OS update, the phone is set get enhanced features such as smarter caller ID, more organized message grouping (Hangouts), quick access to settings, Quickoffice word document app cloud printing via NFC( only with select HP printers), Bluetooth MAP (Message Access Profile) and many more.
Description of Key features of Android v4.4 KitKat OS update:
Enhanced Google Mobile Service (GMS) apps: This application helps user to automatically back-up photos and video clips. He/she also can create, view, share rename Google Docs and files.
Location Menu: This integrated location menu enables users easily activate GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks, while simultaneously keeping a tab on the battery consumption by the location service based apps.
Priority Contacts: The new OS empowers the phone to automatically prioritize contact list for easy access, based on the frequency of calls made to a number.
Improved Caller-ID: If a user receives a call from unknown number, the phone will look for matches on the net with local listings via Google Maps.
Enhanced Message grouping: Google has brought in some improvements to the new Hangouts app; now, users can find all their text SMSs and MMSs, audio and video call details all at one place. people can also share location and send animated GIFs.
Immersive display: To enhance the entertainment factor, the new OS comes with immersive mode, where the status bar and navigation buttons disappear in to the back ground while you play music, games and read e-books. Users can just swipe the edge of the screen to bring back the utility buttons.
NFC and Wireless Printing: Google's new OS comes with a new Quickoffice app where-in people can create and store word documents in cloud storage as well as print files wirelessly on NFC-enabled select HP printers.
Emoji Characters: Initially users had to install third party app to use colorful characters in their SMS. Now, with KitKat update, the keypad comes pre-loaded with native Japanese Emoji emotion icons.
Performance: Like all software updates, the new KitKat enhances smartphone's performance as well as efficient RAM management, leading to an increase in battery
Multi-tasking: with efficient memory management, users can multi-task by opening multiple applications; Listen to music while you can browse through the net.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast