Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Given Boost to Sign Cardiff Defender Following Latter's Club Relegation
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 6, 2014 3:29 PM EST
Liverpool's chances of signing Cardiff City defender Steven Caulker has significantly increased as the Bluebirds are now going back to the Championship following a crucial loss in the hands of Newcastle United on Saturday.
Liverpool given boost over the possibility of signing Cardiff City defender Steven Caulker
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is looking to bring in reinforcements in his shaky back-line, exemplified by the 3-3 draw that they had against Crystal Palace in midweek wherein they were in command with a three-goal lead until the 78th minute.
The 22-year-old, who moved from Tottenham just before the term began and holds Cardiff's record fee of £8million, has been featuring regularly for the Welsh club in the heart of the defence, but was not able to keep his club off relegation in spite recording averages of 1.1 successful tackles and 8.7 clearances per game.
He is still contracted with his current club until 2017 but may be tempted to switch to a side that can offer him high-level level football as he looks to add the single cap that he has received from the England seniors' squad, which was way back in 2012.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown