Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Given Boost to Sign Cardiff Defender Following Latter's Club Relegation
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 6, 2014 3:29 PM EST
Liverpool's chances of signing Cardiff City defender Steven Caulker has significantly increased as the Bluebirds are now going back to the Championship following a crucial loss in the hands of Newcastle United on Saturday.
Liverpool given boost over the possibility of signing Cardiff City defender Steven Caulker
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is looking to bring in reinforcements in his shaky back-line, exemplified by the 3-3 draw that they had against Crystal Palace in midweek wherein they were in command with a three-goal lead until the 78th minute.
The 22-year-old, who moved from Tottenham just before the term began and holds Cardiff's record fee of £8million, has been featuring regularly for the Welsh club in the heart of the defence, but was not able to keep his club off relegation in spite recording averages of 1.1 successful tackles and 8.7 clearances per game.
He is still contracted with his current club until 2017 but may be tempted to switch to a side that can offer him high-level level football as he looks to add the single cap that he has received from the England seniors' squad, which was way back in 2012.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2