Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Given Boost to Sign Cardiff Defender Following Latter's Club Relegation
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 6, 2014 3:29 PM EST
Liverpool's chances of signing Cardiff City defender Steven Caulker has significantly increased as the Bluebirds are now going back to the Championship following a crucial loss in the hands of Newcastle United on Saturday.
Liverpool given boost over the possibility of signing Cardiff City defender Steven Caulker
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is looking to bring in reinforcements in his shaky back-line, exemplified by the 3-3 draw that they had against Crystal Palace in midweek wherein they were in command with a three-goal lead until the 78th minute.
The 22-year-old, who moved from Tottenham just before the term began and holds Cardiff's record fee of £8million, has been featuring regularly for the Welsh club in the heart of the defence, but was not able to keep his club off relegation in spite recording averages of 1.1 successful tackles and 8.7 clearances per game.
He is still contracted with his current club until 2017 but may be tempted to switch to a side that can offer him high-level level football as he looks to add the single cap that he has received from the England seniors' squad, which was way back in 2012.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge