Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Given Boost to Sign Cardiff Defender Following Latter's Club Relegation
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 6, 2014 3:29 PM EST
Liverpool's chances of signing Cardiff City defender Steven Caulker has significantly increased as the Bluebirds are now going back to the Championship following a crucial loss in the hands of Newcastle United on Saturday.
Liverpool given boost over the possibility of signing Cardiff City defender Steven Caulker
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is looking to bring in reinforcements in his shaky back-line, exemplified by the 3-3 draw that they had against Crystal Palace in midweek wherein they were in command with a three-goal lead until the 78th minute.
The 22-year-old, who moved from Tottenham just before the term began and holds Cardiff's record fee of £8million, has been featuring regularly for the Welsh club in the heart of the defence, but was not able to keep his club off relegation in spite recording averages of 1.1 successful tackles and 8.7 clearances per game.
He is still contracted with his current club until 2017 but may be tempted to switch to a side that can offer him high-level level football as he looks to add the single cap that he has received from the England seniors' squad, which was way back in 2012.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop