Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Given Boost to Sign Cardiff Defender Following Latter's Club Relegation
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 6, 2014 3:29 PM EST
Liverpool's chances of signing Cardiff City defender Steven Caulker has significantly increased as the Bluebirds are now going back to the Championship following a crucial loss in the hands of Newcastle United on Saturday.
Liverpool given boost over the possibility of signing Cardiff City defender Steven Caulker
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is looking to bring in reinforcements in his shaky back-line, exemplified by the 3-3 draw that they had against Crystal Palace in midweek wherein they were in command with a three-goal lead until the 78th minute.
The 22-year-old, who moved from Tottenham just before the term began and holds Cardiff's record fee of £8million, has been featuring regularly for the Welsh club in the heart of the defence, but was not able to keep his club off relegation in spite recording averages of 1.1 successful tackles and 8.7 clearances per game.
He is still contracted with his current club until 2017 but may be tempted to switch to a side that can offer him high-level level football as he looks to add the single cap that he has received from the England seniors' squad, which was way back in 2012.
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight