LG G3 Specs to Compete with Samsung Group’s Galaxy 5; G3 Price, Release Date in Australia
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 6, 2014 3:03 PM EST
South Korea's biggest phone manufacturers are likely to go head on in a smartphone flagship competition. Following Samsung's release of its newest "talk-of-the-town," the Samsung Galaxy S5, LG Electronics is set to launch its newest flagship the LG G3 that reportedly contains powerful features and specifications upon release.
LG G3's Grand Launch for a Bold Marketing Strategy?
In a report by the Wall Street Journal, LG Electronics plans to launch the G3 in a 2-day event to happen in May 27-28 in 6 different cities around the world including New York, San Francisco, London, Singapore, Seoul, and Istanbul respectively. The LG G3 launch is LG Electronics grandest so far, with the device's predecessor receiving fair attention being released in only one or two cities.
The LG G3's grand introduction in the mobile market simply make sense as LG Electronics may need a voracious approach in its marketing strategy to be able to compete to the success of the Galaxy S5 in terms of sales and popularity. While LG made quality devices for the Google Nexus line, it barely created a flagship under its banner that kept users and tech geeks alike talking for long compared to its rival Samsung, even though the LG G2, had been crowned gadget of the year in Stuff magazine awards back in 2013.
Powerful Features Eyed for LG G3
The LG G3 is rumoured to have features that will put Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC M8 behind. Being the maker of some of the widely acclaimed Google Nexus phones, this is not impossible for the Korean manufacturer to achieve.
LG Electronics recently confirmed that the new G3 will sport a bigger display packed with quad high-definition (QHD) screen in 2,560 × 1,440 pixels. A source suggest that the QHD type of screen contains twice the number of pixels compared to full HD which is currently used by Samsung Galaxy S5.
Stuff magazine's Web site reports that the G3 may not use a Qualcomm's Snapdragon 805 quad-core processor, instead will go for its own octa-core Odin processor. For the camera, the new flagship is rumoured to have a 16 MP shutter.
Price and Release Date in Australia
Fans of LG in Australia will have to wait for a few months before the G3 will land in their hands. Although the launch date has been confirmed, there are no reported update on when LG G3 will reach the Australian market nor how much the exact price would be. However, interested Australian buyers could expect that the price would border with the likes of Galaxy 5 and HTC M8 considering its features and specifications.
Samsung Galaxy S5 to Release other Versions
Samsung is very popular in creating versions of its flagship. While LG is busy trying to woe the public's attention of the upcoming LG G3's release, Samsung is stirring the mobile world with news of its new versions of Galaxy S5 reportedly the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini and Samsung Galaxy S5 Premium.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS