Nokia Lumia 2520 Tablet Reaches Australian Shores for $840
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 6, 2014 2:55 PM EST
The Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet finally arrived in Australia with an incredibly high price tag.
According to HNGN.com, the Microsoft-acquired Finnish manufacturer brought the tablet in Australia and will be available on Telstra's online Web site for AU$840. Telstra will start selling the tablet on May 13.
Nokia Lumia 2520
The Lumia tablet was launched in October last year alongside Lumia 1520 in the US. The device has become available in November at AT&T for US$399.99 with a two-year contract and US$199.99, if bought with Lumia 925, 1020 or 1520. The tablet is available on all major carriers in the U.S. However, the tablet did not sell much. Nokia seemed to be hoping for profit as it reached out to Aussie buyers but the expensive price tag may turn off some customers.
The report continued that Telstra is offering buyers monthly instalment plans for the Lumia tablet with 24-month contract. Under the contract, buyers will pay an additional AU$25 toward device repayment and get 4GB of data charged at 85 cents per MB as a part of the monthly plan that adds up to AU$60/month.
The Australian carrier also throw in an attachable Power Keyboard from Nokia that features two USB ports and a gesture track pad with five-hour battery boost for AU$10-per-month Accessory Payment plan for 24 months or for AU$240 outright payment.
Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet features a 10.1-inch Full HD screen display, a 6.7 megapixel rear camera with Zeiss lens and will be powered by an 8,000 mAh battery. The device also packed a full Windows Office suite including Outlook based on Windows RT 8.1 and a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor clocked at 2.2GHz. The tablet also packed a 32 GB internal storage, which can be expanded up to 64 GB though microSD slot.
The tablet battles head on with Apple's iPad Air and Samsung Galaxy NotePro and TabPro tablets. Due to the poor sales of Nokia in the past years, the Finnish mobile maker was bought out by software giant Microsoft.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James