Adam Levine Bleaches His Hair Blond; Twitter Explodes with Funny Reactions to his New Do
By Keerthi Mohan | May 6, 2014 2:43 PM EST
Adam Levine has gone blond. The Maroon 5 frontman shocked his fans on Saturday by uploading a photograph of his new hair do that has managed to take Twitter by storm.
The musician posed with his fiancée, Victoria's Secret model Behati Prinsloo, for a selfie to flaunt his new hair color, and not everyone appears to have embraced his new look.
“Apocalypse prep course complete,” he wrote along with the photograph, which has since been retweeted more than 5,000 times. But because a majority of the comments poked fun at the musician’s hair color, Levine tweeted yet another message stating that he is not bothered about criticism.
“I hope people understand that when they say my hair looks creepy i take that as the highest compliment," Levine wrote.
Off late, Levine, who was voted by People Magazine as 2013’s “Sexiest Man Alive”, has been trying out a lot of different things. He made his acting debut opposite Keira Knightley in "Begin Again", and changes in the hair department is something else that Levine wanted to do before summer.
"With summer months coming up we wanted to do something totally drastic and different from his previous styles so we bleached it," his hairstylist and owner of Shampoo on 3rd Hair Salon, Shaul Arbiv, told People.
Check out some of the criticism Levine has received since going blond.
— JJ (@RadioJJ) May 5, 2014
Adam Levine's new hair is ridiculous — Clíona Mooney (@ClionaLou) May 5, 2014
Hey @adamlevine now you gotta dye your eyebrows bc that just looks tacky with your new hair — Rebekah (@AdamLevinePic) May 3, 2014
Life as we know it has come to an end @adamlevine went blond
2007 Adam Levine would have made fun of 2014 Adam Levine so bad
— madi (@maroonarryx) May 3, 2014
Adam Levine died his hair blonde and looks like Tyler Durden now. Ambivalence is all I can muster. — Zachary Todd (@MrZacharyTodd) May 5, 2014
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members