Adam Levine Bleaches His Hair Blond; Twitter Explodes with Funny Reactions to his New Do
By Keerthi Mohan | May 6, 2014 2:43 PM EST
Adam Levine has gone blond. The Maroon 5 frontman shocked his fans on Saturday by uploading a photograph of his new hair do that has managed to take Twitter by storm.
The musician posed with his fiancée, Victoria's Secret model Behati Prinsloo, for a selfie to flaunt his new hair color, and not everyone appears to have embraced his new look.
“Apocalypse prep course complete,” he wrote along with the photograph, which has since been retweeted more than 5,000 times. But because a majority of the comments poked fun at the musician’s hair color, Levine tweeted yet another message stating that he is not bothered about criticism.
“I hope people understand that when they say my hair looks creepy i take that as the highest compliment," Levine wrote.
Off late, Levine, who was voted by People Magazine as 2013’s “Sexiest Man Alive”, has been trying out a lot of different things. He made his acting debut opposite Keira Knightley in "Begin Again", and changes in the hair department is something else that Levine wanted to do before summer.
"With summer months coming up we wanted to do something totally drastic and different from his previous styles so we bleached it," his hairstylist and owner of Shampoo on 3rd Hair Salon, Shaul Arbiv, told People.
Check out some of the criticism Levine has received since going blond.
— JJ (@RadioJJ) May 5, 2014
Adam Levine's new hair is ridiculous — Clíona Mooney (@ClionaLou) May 5, 2014
Hey @adamlevine now you gotta dye your eyebrows bc that just looks tacky with your new hair — Rebekah (@AdamLevinePic) May 3, 2014
Life as we know it has come to an end @adamlevine went blond
2007 Adam Levine would have made fun of 2014 Adam Levine so bad
— madi (@maroonarryx) May 3, 2014
Adam Levine died his hair blonde and looks like Tyler Durden now. Ambivalence is all I can muster. — Zachary Todd (@MrZacharyTodd) May 5, 2014
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler Update: Return of ‘Asylum’ Character
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate