Adam Levine Bleaches His Hair Blond; Twitter Explodes with Funny Reactions to his New Do
By Keerthi Mohan | May 6, 2014 2:43 PM EST
Adam Levine has gone blond. The Maroon 5 frontman shocked his fans on Saturday by uploading a photograph of his new hair do that has managed to take Twitter by storm.
The musician posed with his fiancée, Victoria's Secret model Behati Prinsloo, for a selfie to flaunt his new hair color, and not everyone appears to have embraced his new look.
“Apocalypse prep course complete,” he wrote along with the photograph, which has since been retweeted more than 5,000 times. But because a majority of the comments poked fun at the musician’s hair color, Levine tweeted yet another message stating that he is not bothered about criticism.
“I hope people understand that when they say my hair looks creepy i take that as the highest compliment," Levine wrote.
Off late, Levine, who was voted by People Magazine as 2013’s “Sexiest Man Alive”, has been trying out a lot of different things. He made his acting debut opposite Keira Knightley in "Begin Again", and changes in the hair department is something else that Levine wanted to do before summer.
"With summer months coming up we wanted to do something totally drastic and different from his previous styles so we bleached it," his hairstylist and owner of Shampoo on 3rd Hair Salon, Shaul Arbiv, told People.
Check out some of the criticism Levine has received since going blond.
— JJ (@RadioJJ) May 5, 2014
Adam Levine's new hair is ridiculous — Clíona Mooney (@ClionaLou) May 5, 2014
Hey @adamlevine now you gotta dye your eyebrows bc that just looks tacky with your new hair — Rebekah (@AdamLevinePic) May 3, 2014
Life as we know it has come to an end @adamlevine went blond
2007 Adam Levine would have made fun of 2014 Adam Levine so bad
— madi (@maroonarryx) May 3, 2014
Adam Levine died his hair blonde and looks like Tyler Durden now. Ambivalence is all I can muster. — Zachary Todd (@MrZacharyTodd) May 5, 2014
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown