‘X-Men: Days Of Future Past’ Plot Spoilers: Who is the Little Girl Wolverine Confronts?
By Keerthi Mohan | May 6, 2014 2:42 PM EST
“X-Men: Days of Future Past” is gearing up for a release and the Internet has been hit by a new wave of trailers of the movie that throws some light on what can be expected when the movie hits theatres later this month.
Wikimedia commons/ William Tun
The cast of X-Men: Days of Future Past
The superhero blockbuster will have a number of popular comic book characters such as Wolverine, Professor X, Magneto and Storm besides lesser known ones like Sunspot and Bishop.
The movie is expected to be a combination of characters from “X-Men: First Class," and the original X-Men trilogy.
Quicksilver, a character that is being adapted for the "Avengers" sequel next year, will also be showcased in the latest “X-Men” installment. Earlier, it was speculated that the Scarlet Witch will also be a part of the movie after a picture of Quicksilver with a little girl started doing the rounds online. But Bryan Singer, director of the movie, quashed these rumors stating that the Scarlet Witch does not even appear in the movie.
"Is that the Scarlet Witch? No, that’s his little sister. I even had a line which I cut, where Quicksilver’s mother says to the little girl, ‘Go up and bug your sister,’ and the little girl says, ‘She bugs me!’ You never see the older sister, but it was to imply that there is an older sister for comic book fans. I ended up cutting it," Cinema Blend quoted Singer.
“X-Men: Days of Future Past” will also tie up some of the loose plots that have left fans wondering. For instance, “X-Men: First Class” ended with Charles Xavier being left a cripple after a bullet hit his spine. However, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" showed the character walking around without any problem.
This is addressed in “X-Men: Days of Future Past” where it is shown that the Professor gets a surgery done to get back mobility. But he ends up losing his powers.
“X-Men: Days of Future Past” has a time-travel plot where surviving members of the X-Men send Wolverine back to 1973 so as to stop events that would lead up to the Sentinels attacking Earth.
The movie hits theaters May 23.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 24-26, 2014: The Forresters, Logans And Spencers Will Celebrate Thanksgiving Day At The Forrester Mansion
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Promo Video And Synopsis For Episode 9 Titled ‘I Alone’ Tease Continuation Of Mission To Bring Bonnie Back [WATCH]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced