‘X-Men: Days Of Future Past’ Plot Spoilers: Who is the Little Girl Wolverine Confronts?
By Keerthi Mohan | May 6, 2014 2:42 PM EST
“X-Men: Days of Future Past” is gearing up for a release and the Internet has been hit by a new wave of trailers of the movie that throws some light on what can be expected when the movie hits theatres later this month.
Wikimedia commons/ William Tun
The cast of X-Men: Days of Future Past
The superhero blockbuster will have a number of popular comic book characters such as Wolverine, Professor X, Magneto and Storm besides lesser known ones like Sunspot and Bishop.
The movie is expected to be a combination of characters from “X-Men: First Class," and the original X-Men trilogy.
Quicksilver, a character that is being adapted for the "Avengers" sequel next year, will also be showcased in the latest “X-Men” installment. Earlier, it was speculated that the Scarlet Witch will also be a part of the movie after a picture of Quicksilver with a little girl started doing the rounds online. But Bryan Singer, director of the movie, quashed these rumors stating that the Scarlet Witch does not even appear in the movie.
"Is that the Scarlet Witch? No, that’s his little sister. I even had a line which I cut, where Quicksilver’s mother says to the little girl, ‘Go up and bug your sister,’ and the little girl says, ‘She bugs me!’ You never see the older sister, but it was to imply that there is an older sister for comic book fans. I ended up cutting it," Cinema Blend quoted Singer.
“X-Men: Days of Future Past” will also tie up some of the loose plots that have left fans wondering. For instance, “X-Men: First Class” ended with Charles Xavier being left a cripple after a bullet hit his spine. However, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" showed the character walking around without any problem.
This is addressed in “X-Men: Days of Future Past” where it is shown that the Professor gets a surgery done to get back mobility. But he ends up losing his powers.
“X-Men: Days of Future Past” has a time-travel plot where surviving members of the X-Men send Wolverine back to 1973 so as to stop events that would lead up to the Sentinels attacking Earth.
The movie hits theaters May 23.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine