Paul Walker’s Mum ‘Very Proud’ Of Sons For Helping Finish ‘Fast & Furious 7’
By Anne Lu | May 6, 2014 2:33 PM EST
Paul Walker’s mum is “very proud” of her two sons for helping their late brother’s last film to finish. Cheryl Walker said that while it was “bittersweet” for Caleb and Cody to film “Fast & Furious 7,” they are happy to do it for Paul.
In April, Caleb, a 36-year-old restaurant owner, and Cody, a 25-year-old paramedic, were announced to join the latest instalment billion-dollar film franchise to help complete Paul’s scenes.
Paul, who held the role of Brian O’Conner since the first film in 2001, already completed most of his scenes for the latest film before he was killed in a one-vehicle accident in November.
The production went on hiatus to give the cast and crew time to grieve their beloved member’s death.
After a few months, though, the production is back up, and Caleb and Cody were announced to share Paul’s role.
“[I’m] very proud of them,” their mother, Cheryl, told E! News. “It is bittersweet for them to do this. They are happy to honour their brother and finish the project.”
Cheryl added that her sons have been welcomed warmly by everyone on set, and are having a wonderful time.
Paul already shot his dramatic scenes and most of his action sequences for the film, though there are still minor ones that need to be filmed.
Cody has previously spoken up about Paul’s untimely demise, telling the Associated Press in an emotional interview that “it still doesn’t feel real.”
“Because sometimes, working in this industry, making films, he’d be away from his family three, four, six months at a time, you know. And my only interaction would be a phone call. So I know it’s going to take a while. It’s going to take a few years before it feels real.”
The brothers are only helping out the film to finish shooting scenes, but they are not embarking on a Hollywood career after this is over. Their sister, Ashlie, told RadarOnline.com in a separate interview that Cody and Caleb’s acting gig is just temporary.
“They’re not actors. This is just temporary,” Ashlie told the Web site. “They just want to help complete the film because so many people were so invested. Paul was invested. Both have things about them that are so similar to Paul, even the way they walk. It was a natural decision.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate