Paul Walker’s Mum ‘Very Proud’ Of Sons For Helping Finish ‘Fast & Furious 7’
By Anne Lu | May 6, 2014 2:33 PM EST
Paul Walker’s mum is “very proud” of her two sons for helping their late brother’s last film to finish. Cheryl Walker said that while it was “bittersweet” for Caleb and Cody to film “Fast & Furious 7,” they are happy to do it for Paul.
In April, Caleb, a 36-year-old restaurant owner, and Cody, a 25-year-old paramedic, were announced to join the latest instalment billion-dollar film franchise to help complete Paul’s scenes.
Paul, who held the role of Brian O’Conner since the first film in 2001, already completed most of his scenes for the latest film before he was killed in a one-vehicle accident in November.
The production went on hiatus to give the cast and crew time to grieve their beloved member’s death.
After a few months, though, the production is back up, and Caleb and Cody were announced to share Paul’s role.
“[I’m] very proud of them,” their mother, Cheryl, told E! News. “It is bittersweet for them to do this. They are happy to honour their brother and finish the project.”
Cheryl added that her sons have been welcomed warmly by everyone on set, and are having a wonderful time.
Paul already shot his dramatic scenes and most of his action sequences for the film, though there are still minor ones that need to be filmed.
Cody has previously spoken up about Paul’s untimely demise, telling the Associated Press in an emotional interview that “it still doesn’t feel real.”
“Because sometimes, working in this industry, making films, he’d be away from his family three, four, six months at a time, you know. And my only interaction would be a phone call. So I know it’s going to take a while. It’s going to take a few years before it feels real.”
The brothers are only helping out the film to finish shooting scenes, but they are not embarking on a Hollywood career after this is over. Their sister, Ashlie, told RadarOnline.com in a separate interview that Cody and Caleb’s acting gig is just temporary.
“They’re not actors. This is just temporary,” Ashlie told the Web site. “They just want to help complete the film because so many people were so invested. Paul was invested. Both have things about them that are so similar to Paul, even the way they walk. It was a natural decision.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff