Paul Walker’s Mum ‘Very Proud’ Of Sons For Helping Finish ‘Fast & Furious 7’
By Anne Lu | May 6, 2014 2:33 PM EST
Paul Walker’s mum is “very proud” of her two sons for helping their late brother’s last film to finish. Cheryl Walker said that while it was “bittersweet” for Caleb and Cody to film “Fast & Furious 7,” they are happy to do it for Paul.
In April, Caleb, a 36-year-old restaurant owner, and Cody, a 25-year-old paramedic, were announced to join the latest instalment billion-dollar film franchise to help complete Paul’s scenes.
Paul, who held the role of Brian O’Conner since the first film in 2001, already completed most of his scenes for the latest film before he was killed in a one-vehicle accident in November.
The production went on hiatus to give the cast and crew time to grieve their beloved member’s death.
After a few months, though, the production is back up, and Caleb and Cody were announced to share Paul’s role.
“[I’m] very proud of them,” their mother, Cheryl, told E! News. “It is bittersweet for them to do this. They are happy to honour their brother and finish the project.”
Cheryl added that her sons have been welcomed warmly by everyone on set, and are having a wonderful time.
Paul already shot his dramatic scenes and most of his action sequences for the film, though there are still minor ones that need to be filmed.
Cody has previously spoken up about Paul’s untimely demise, telling the Associated Press in an emotional interview that “it still doesn’t feel real.”
“Because sometimes, working in this industry, making films, he’d be away from his family three, four, six months at a time, you know. And my only interaction would be a phone call. So I know it’s going to take a while. It’s going to take a few years before it feels real.”
The brothers are only helping out the film to finish shooting scenes, but they are not embarking on a Hollywood career after this is over. Their sister, Ashlie, told RadarOnline.com in a separate interview that Cody and Caleb’s acting gig is just temporary.
“They’re not actors. This is just temporary,” Ashlie told the Web site. “They just want to help complete the film because so many people were so invested. Paul was invested. Both have things about them that are so similar to Paul, even the way they walk. It was a natural decision.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date