Paul Walker’s Mum ‘Very Proud’ Of Sons For Helping Finish ‘Fast & Furious 7’
By Anne Lu | May 6, 2014 2:33 PM EST
Paul Walker’s mum is “very proud” of her two sons for helping their late brother’s last film to finish. Cheryl Walker said that while it was “bittersweet” for Caleb and Cody to film “Fast & Furious 7,” they are happy to do it for Paul.
In April, Caleb, a 36-year-old restaurant owner, and Cody, a 25-year-old paramedic, were announced to join the latest instalment billion-dollar film franchise to help complete Paul’s scenes.
Paul, who held the role of Brian O’Conner since the first film in 2001, already completed most of his scenes for the latest film before he was killed in a one-vehicle accident in November.
The production went on hiatus to give the cast and crew time to grieve their beloved member’s death.
After a few months, though, the production is back up, and Caleb and Cody were announced to share Paul’s role.
“[I’m] very proud of them,” their mother, Cheryl, told E! News. “It is bittersweet for them to do this. They are happy to honour their brother and finish the project.”
Cheryl added that her sons have been welcomed warmly by everyone on set, and are having a wonderful time.
Paul already shot his dramatic scenes and most of his action sequences for the film, though there are still minor ones that need to be filmed.
Cody has previously spoken up about Paul’s untimely demise, telling the Associated Press in an emotional interview that “it still doesn’t feel real.”
“Because sometimes, working in this industry, making films, he’d be away from his family three, four, six months at a time, you know. And my only interaction would be a phone call. So I know it’s going to take a while. It’s going to take a few years before it feels real.”
The brothers are only helping out the film to finish shooting scenes, but they are not embarking on a Hollywood career after this is over. Their sister, Ashlie, told RadarOnline.com in a separate interview that Cody and Caleb’s acting gig is just temporary.
“They’re not actors. This is just temporary,” Ashlie told the Web site. “They just want to help complete the film because so many people were so invested. Paul was invested. Both have things about them that are so similar to Paul, even the way they walk. It was a natural decision.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family