New Form Factor & Health-Centric Features Tipped for iPhone 6 2014 Release Date
By Erik Pineda | May 6, 2014 1:26 PM EST
More voices were added to the snowballing iPhone 6 discourse, its 2014 release date supposedly gaining more ground as a new render and fresh details defining the hotly-anticipated handset came out.
These exciting changes are strongly hinted in the torrent of leaks that point to a big revision on the next iPhone form factor. The latest leaks from an Italian blog site, according to BGR, showed a completely revamped iPhone 6 - bigger, wider, taller, slimmer and the body-build accentuated by curved edges that hark back to the iPhone 3G.
But some reports identify the transformation as more of taking after the Galaxy S3, which was issued in 2012 by Apple's bitter rival - Samsung. The comparison makes sense since Ming-chi Kuo of KGI Securities has reported earlier that the iPhone 6 screen will upgrade 4.7-inch coming from the 4-inch iPhone 5S.
The same prediction applies to the bigger 5.5-inch iPhone 6, which Kuo said will come out a little later following the launch of the smaller version.
So far, clues about the upcoming iPhones - numerous case covers and device renders - seem to assert that Apple fans will surely get the upsize treatment that they have clamouring for, said the same BGR report.
The remodelling, however, is not merely confined to the hardware and appearances as a Reuters report suggests that part of the key iOS 8 improvements to come is the setting up of a parallel application library that focuses on health-related features and services.
The plan to integrate medical and health services with the upcoming iPhones, iPads and other iOS devices was reportedly revealed by the hiring activities of Apple. According to CNET, the tech giant recently recruited six medical professionals but their exact responsibilities are yet to be defined.
The best clue, Apple Insider said in a report, is the likely development of health-centric platform within the App Store that will offer apps across the full range of iOS devices. That means that the blueprint calls for services that will implementation in the iPhone 6, the 2014 iPads and possibly the persistently-rumoured iWatch.
"With this year's anticipated launch of iOS 8, Apple has been rumoured to delve even further into the health and fitness market," noted the Apple Insider report, adding that core to this offering is the Healthbook application.
These fresh look and features are expected to come right out of the box with the iPhone 6, the release dates of which is reportedly set separately - September for the 4.7-inch edition and December 2014 for the phablet 5.5-inch phablet version.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary