‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Star Rita Ora Goes ‘Live from MTV;’ Iggy Azalea Predicts Songstress Will be a ‘Superstar’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 6, 2014 1:11 PM EST
Rita Ora may not appear naked in the movie adaptation of the E.L. James' novel "Fifty Shades of Grey," but the British songstress definitely has the chops to bare it all as she and Aussie rapper Iggy Azalea answers fans' questions through "Live from MTV."
Singer Rita Ora arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Inside Scoops: Rita Ora Gets Whole Room with Mia Grey Photos in Calvin Harris' Mansion
‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Big Reveals: Rita Ora Admits Calvin Harris is Worried Songstress Might Appear Naked in the Movie
According to a report from MTV News, Ora and Azalea go live on Monday, May 5 at 6 p.m. ET on MTV.com and MTV Hits wherein fans are given the chance to ask the "Black Widow" blondes questions through Twitter's #AskIggyRita. The report said the duo are talking about their individual singles and are playing games.
"Working with Iggy [Azalea], it's like family, really," Ora revealed to MTV News. "I've known Iggy for a long time. I asked her to support me on my first-ever tour when she just had one song out and I was just like, 'I like this girl's vibe, she's blonde like me, we're going on tour.'"
Ora also admitted that she and Azalea have always wanted to do a collaboration, and Black Widow apparently was the "right song" as it was about "two strong, independent woman." As it appears, the Fifty Shades star was comparing her and Azalea to the two strong women talked about in Black Widow, which was written by Katy Perry.
Ora and Azalea are both working on a collaborative song titled "Black Widow" from the Aussie rapper's album "The New Classic." The song has made headline prior to its release as it has been reported that Katy Perry should have been the one doing the collaboration with Iggy Azalea.
According to report from contactmusic.com, Katy Perry could not record vocals for the Black Widow as she was too busy and couldn't fit the recording to her schedule. Katy Perry wrote the song and apparently was the first choice to do the guest vocals. However, Azalea appeared to have been fine with the set-up when the Fifty Shades of Grey star was suggested to be doing the guest vocals, instead.
"Rita is a great fit," Iggy Azalea told the Daily Star. "Her voice can blow people away."
Azalea also called Rita Ora a "superstar," describing the British songstress "mischievous" and great to be going out with. Iggy Azalea's The New Classic album, which contains the Black Widow single, is now out on record stores.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine