‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Star Rita Ora Goes ‘Live from MTV;’ Iggy Azalea Predicts Songstress Will be a ‘Superstar’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 6, 2014 1:11 PM EST
Rita Ora may not appear naked in the movie adaptation of the E.L. James' novel "Fifty Shades of Grey," but the British songstress definitely has the chops to bare it all as she and Aussie rapper Iggy Azalea answers fans' questions through "Live from MTV."
Singer Rita Ora arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Inside Scoops: Rita Ora Gets Whole Room with Mia Grey Photos in Calvin Harris' Mansion
‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Big Reveals: Rita Ora Admits Calvin Harris is Worried Songstress Might Appear Naked in the Movie
According to a report from MTV News, Ora and Azalea go live on Monday, May 5 at 6 p.m. ET on MTV.com and MTV Hits wherein fans are given the chance to ask the "Black Widow" blondes questions through Twitter's #AskIggyRita. The report said the duo are talking about their individual singles and are playing games.
"Working with Iggy [Azalea], it's like family, really," Ora revealed to MTV News. "I've known Iggy for a long time. I asked her to support me on my first-ever tour when she just had one song out and I was just like, 'I like this girl's vibe, she's blonde like me, we're going on tour.'"
Ora also admitted that she and Azalea have always wanted to do a collaboration, and Black Widow apparently was the "right song" as it was about "two strong, independent woman." As it appears, the Fifty Shades star was comparing her and Azalea to the two strong women talked about in Black Widow, which was written by Katy Perry.
Ora and Azalea are both working on a collaborative song titled "Black Widow" from the Aussie rapper's album "The New Classic." The song has made headline prior to its release as it has been reported that Katy Perry should have been the one doing the collaboration with Iggy Azalea.
According to report from contactmusic.com, Katy Perry could not record vocals for the Black Widow as she was too busy and couldn't fit the recording to her schedule. Katy Perry wrote the song and apparently was the first choice to do the guest vocals. However, Azalea appeared to have been fine with the set-up when the Fifty Shades of Grey star was suggested to be doing the guest vocals, instead.
"Rita is a great fit," Iggy Azalea told the Daily Star. "Her voice can blow people away."
Azalea also called Rita Ora a "superstar," describing the British songstress "mischievous" and great to be going out with. Iggy Azalea's The New Classic album, which contains the Black Widow single, is now out on record stores.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal