‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Star Rita Ora Goes ‘Live from MTV;’ Iggy Azalea Predicts Songstress Will be a ‘Superstar’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 6, 2014 1:11 PM EST
Rita Ora may not appear naked in the movie adaptation of the E.L. James' novel "Fifty Shades of Grey," but the British songstress definitely has the chops to bare it all as she and Aussie rapper Iggy Azalea answers fans' questions through "Live from MTV."
Singer Rita Ora arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Inside Scoops: Rita Ora Gets Whole Room with Mia Grey Photos in Calvin Harris' Mansion
‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Big Reveals: Rita Ora Admits Calvin Harris is Worried Songstress Might Appear Naked in the Movie
According to a report from MTV News, Ora and Azalea go live on Monday, May 5 at 6 p.m. ET on MTV.com and MTV Hits wherein fans are given the chance to ask the "Black Widow" blondes questions through Twitter's #AskIggyRita. The report said the duo are talking about their individual singles and are playing games.
"Working with Iggy [Azalea], it's like family, really," Ora revealed to MTV News. "I've known Iggy for a long time. I asked her to support me on my first-ever tour when she just had one song out and I was just like, 'I like this girl's vibe, she's blonde like me, we're going on tour.'"
Ora also admitted that she and Azalea have always wanted to do a collaboration, and Black Widow apparently was the "right song" as it was about "two strong, independent woman." As it appears, the Fifty Shades star was comparing her and Azalea to the two strong women talked about in Black Widow, which was written by Katy Perry.
Ora and Azalea are both working on a collaborative song titled "Black Widow" from the Aussie rapper's album "The New Classic." The song has made headline prior to its release as it has been reported that Katy Perry should have been the one doing the collaboration with Iggy Azalea.
According to report from contactmusic.com, Katy Perry could not record vocals for the Black Widow as she was too busy and couldn't fit the recording to her schedule. Katy Perry wrote the song and apparently was the first choice to do the guest vocals. However, Azalea appeared to have been fine with the set-up when the Fifty Shades of Grey star was suggested to be doing the guest vocals, instead.
"Rita is a great fit," Iggy Azalea told the Daily Star. "Her voice can blow people away."
Azalea also called Rita Ora a "superstar," describing the British songstress "mischievous" and great to be going out with. Iggy Azalea's The New Classic album, which contains the Black Widow single, is now out on record stores.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices