‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Star Rita Ora Goes ‘Live from MTV;’ Iggy Azalea Predicts Songstress Will be a ‘Superstar’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 6, 2014 1:11 PM EST
Rita Ora may not appear naked in the movie adaptation of the E.L. James' novel "Fifty Shades of Grey," but the British songstress definitely has the chops to bare it all as she and Aussie rapper Iggy Azalea answers fans' questions through "Live from MTV."
Singer Rita Ora arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Inside Scoops: Rita Ora Gets Whole Room with Mia Grey Photos in Calvin Harris' Mansion
‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Big Reveals: Rita Ora Admits Calvin Harris is Worried Songstress Might Appear Naked in the Movie
According to a report from MTV News, Ora and Azalea go live on Monday, May 5 at 6 p.m. ET on MTV.com and MTV Hits wherein fans are given the chance to ask the "Black Widow" blondes questions through Twitter's #AskIggyRita. The report said the duo are talking about their individual singles and are playing games.
"Working with Iggy [Azalea], it's like family, really," Ora revealed to MTV News. "I've known Iggy for a long time. I asked her to support me on my first-ever tour when she just had one song out and I was just like, 'I like this girl's vibe, she's blonde like me, we're going on tour.'"
Ora also admitted that she and Azalea have always wanted to do a collaboration, and Black Widow apparently was the "right song" as it was about "two strong, independent woman." As it appears, the Fifty Shades star was comparing her and Azalea to the two strong women talked about in Black Widow, which was written by Katy Perry.
Ora and Azalea are both working on a collaborative song titled "Black Widow" from the Aussie rapper's album "The New Classic." The song has made headline prior to its release as it has been reported that Katy Perry should have been the one doing the collaboration with Iggy Azalea.
According to report from contactmusic.com, Katy Perry could not record vocals for the Black Widow as she was too busy and couldn't fit the recording to her schedule. Katy Perry wrote the song and apparently was the first choice to do the guest vocals. However, Azalea appeared to have been fine with the set-up when the Fifty Shades of Grey star was suggested to be doing the guest vocals, instead.
"Rita is a great fit," Iggy Azalea told the Daily Star. "Her voice can blow people away."
Azalea also called Rita Ora a "superstar," describing the British songstress "mischievous" and great to be going out with. Iggy Azalea's The New Classic album, which contains the Black Widow single, is now out on record stores.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu