Melissa Doyle’s 7pm News Bulletin Taken Off The Air
By Anne Lu | May 6, 2014 12:48 PM EST
Melissa Doyle’s schedule has just gotten lighter. Her 7pm news show has reportedly been pulled off the air, not even a year after she took the assignment.
Seven Network has quietly taken “Seven News at 7” off the air from its 7TWO channel because of Doyle’s “increasingly demanding” schedule. Doyle still presents the 4pm news bulletin.
“Melissa’s roles presenting Seven News at 4 and as a senior correspondent for major national and international news events are becoming increasingly demanding,” a spokeswoman for the network told Confidential.
“In the last seven month, Mel has anchored Seven News coverage of Schapelle Corby’s release from jail from outside Bali’s Kerobokan prison, covered the Blue Mountains bushfires and tropical Cyclone Ita, the Oscars from the red carpet in L.A., and travelled to Jordan to produce a series of special reports on the Syrian refugee crisis.
“Most recently Mel was on the road for two weeks leading Seven News coverage of the Royal Tour.”
The 7pm news bulletin was launched in August 2013, two months after Doyle had an emotional farewell from “Sunrise,” the breakfast program that she co-presented for 14 years.
Rumours abound that she was fired from “Sunrise” to make way for the younger Samantha Armytage, though this claim has been denied by both Doyle and the network. Although Armytage did replace Doyle in her co-presenting duties with David Koch, they denied that Doyle was forcibly fired and given a pay cut.
Apparently, it was her decision to leave the breakfast show.
“I figured no amount of jumping up and down on my behalf would have changed anyone’s mind. I was ready for a change. I am happy. I love it,” she told Sunday Style in March.
Doyle, 44, has hosted “Sunrise” from 2002 with Koch. She still presents “Seven Afternoon News.” Matt White co-presented the news with her until he resigned to join Network Ten in April.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports