MET Gala 2014: Selena Gomez Shows Off Mature, Sexy Side in Purple Ensemble
By Annie Dee | May 6, 2014 12:34 PM EST
Selena Gomez does it again. Stuns everyone with her fashion choices, that is. At today's Met Gala, Selena Gomez arrived in her most stylish and elegant look yet in a purple gown and a svelte updo. According to Hollywood Life, considering all the love trouble she has recent dealt with, she really looked quite regal
Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit in New York
Selena Gomez has always been considered not only a sexy singer, but also a style icon. However, for the 2014 Met Ball, the "Come and Get It" outdone herself and came in looking every inch of a lady. Selena Gomez was dressed to the nines, probably because she is aware of whom she can meet and bump into at the ball. The Jenners, the Kardashians and Taylor Swift are in attendance, so the girl has to really hold it together. The "Come & Get It" singer was draped in a sophisticated, long purple dress and accessorized with dazzling chandelier earrings.
While her frenemies, Kendall Jenner and Taylor Swift chose to don pink gowns and look sweet, Selena Gomez chose purple to signal regality and elegance. The gown comes complete with a ruffle deep V as well as flowing train for that extra dash of sophistication.
After this ball, it will be safe to say that purple is definitely her color. Just last week, Gomez was also present at the iHeartRadio Awards and she was wearing a gown of similar hue, even though the cut was sexier then. Her choice for the Met Gala was more mature and lady-like.
Hollywood Life claims the gown just brings out the lady in her. She's dressed as if to convey to everyone (especially to those who are secretly checking her out) that she would not let anyone trample on her. Her more mature choice in a dress may also signal is over and done with all the drama she recently suffered due to the immaturity of her then boyfriend and friends.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]