MET Gala 2014: Selena Gomez Shows Off Mature, Sexy Side in Purple Ensemble
By Annie Dee | May 6, 2014 12:34 PM EST
Selena Gomez does it again. Stuns everyone with her fashion choices, that is. At today's Met Gala, Selena Gomez arrived in her most stylish and elegant look yet in a purple gown and a svelte updo. According to Hollywood Life, considering all the love trouble she has recent dealt with, she really looked quite regal
Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit in New York
Selena Gomez has always been considered not only a sexy singer, but also a style icon. However, for the 2014 Met Ball, the "Come and Get It" outdone herself and came in looking every inch of a lady. Selena Gomez was dressed to the nines, probably because she is aware of whom she can meet and bump into at the ball. The Jenners, the Kardashians and Taylor Swift are in attendance, so the girl has to really hold it together. The "Come & Get It" singer was draped in a sophisticated, long purple dress and accessorized with dazzling chandelier earrings.
While her frenemies, Kendall Jenner and Taylor Swift chose to don pink gowns and look sweet, Selena Gomez chose purple to signal regality and elegance. The gown comes complete with a ruffle deep V as well as flowing train for that extra dash of sophistication.
After this ball, it will be safe to say that purple is definitely her color. Just last week, Gomez was also present at the iHeartRadio Awards and she was wearing a gown of similar hue, even though the cut was sexier then. Her choice for the Met Gala was more mature and lady-like.
Hollywood Life claims the gown just brings out the lady in her. She's dressed as if to convey to everyone (especially to those who are secretly checking her out) that she would not let anyone trample on her. Her more mature choice in a dress may also signal is over and done with all the drama she recently suffered due to the immaturity of her then boyfriend and friends.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0