'Pudsey: The Movie'—'Britain's Got Talent's' Winning Dog Act Stars in Upcoming Movie [WATCH]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 6, 2014 12:32 PM EST
The other half of "Britain's Got Talent 2012" winning duo, "Pudsey," the dancing dog, will star in his own movie this summer. "BGT" judges Simon Cowell and David Walliams will have a huge part in the movie as well.
Pudsey rose to fame the moment he and his human, Ashleigh, stepped on the stage of Britain's Got Talent 2012's auditions. At first look, the "BGT" judges and viewers may have had doubts about what the duo could do. For all they know, it could just be another dull and lousy performance. But Ashleigh and Pudsey proved everybody wrong.
When they started to dance, it was all smiles and adoration from the audience up to the judges. The duo's dance performance was so well choreographed and entertaining, there was nothing anyone can criticise about them—except for Simon Cowell. It's a little surprising Simon didn't give the harsh criticism everybody was expecting from him. In the auditions, Ashleigh and Pudsey danced to the classic tune of "The Flintstones." The perfomance was completed with Ashleigh dressing up with a matching theme outfit. Simon's only comment was it would have been better if Pudsey had a costume as well, but everything else was perfect. Simon and the other judges, as well as the audience, even gave a standing ovation for the cute and entertaining performance.
(Credit: YouTube/Britain's Got Talent)
Ashleigh and Pudsey eventually won the "BGT" contest in 2012. Fast track to the present, Simon Cowell decided to produce a movie for Pudsey. Even co-"BGT" judge David Williams supported the movie, as he did the voice for Pudsey in the movie. In an interview, Walliams said it was natural for him to take the role, as he's been a fan of the winning duo ever since their first appearance in the auditions.
"Pudsey: The Movie" will be produced by Vertigo Films and Syco Entertainment (owned by Simon Cowell). It will be in theatres come May 23, 2014 in the United Kingdom. "Pudsey: The Movie" will be about Pudsey and his other sibling dogs Molly, George, Tommy and their mother Gail (voiced by Jessica Hynes) set out to save the village from their landlord Mr. Thorne (John Sessions) and his cat, Faustus. It will be a fun and wholesome movie for the family.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?