'Pudsey: The Movie'—'Britain's Got Talent's' Winning Dog Act Stars in Upcoming Movie [WATCH]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 6, 2014 12:32 PM EST
The other half of "Britain's Got Talent 2012" winning duo, "Pudsey," the dancing dog, will star in his own movie this summer. "BGT" judges Simon Cowell and David Walliams will have a huge part in the movie as well.
Pudsey rose to fame the moment he and his human, Ashleigh, stepped on the stage of Britain's Got Talent 2012's auditions. At first look, the "BGT" judges and viewers may have had doubts about what the duo could do. For all they know, it could just be another dull and lousy performance. But Ashleigh and Pudsey proved everybody wrong.
When they started to dance, it was all smiles and adoration from the audience up to the judges. The duo's dance performance was so well choreographed and entertaining, there was nothing anyone can criticise about them—except for Simon Cowell. It's a little surprising Simon didn't give the harsh criticism everybody was expecting from him. In the auditions, Ashleigh and Pudsey danced to the classic tune of "The Flintstones." The perfomance was completed with Ashleigh dressing up with a matching theme outfit. Simon's only comment was it would have been better if Pudsey had a costume as well, but everything else was perfect. Simon and the other judges, as well as the audience, even gave a standing ovation for the cute and entertaining performance.
(Credit: YouTube/Britain's Got Talent)
Ashleigh and Pudsey eventually won the "BGT" contest in 2012. Fast track to the present, Simon Cowell decided to produce a movie for Pudsey. Even co-"BGT" judge David Williams supported the movie, as he did the voice for Pudsey in the movie. In an interview, Walliams said it was natural for him to take the role, as he's been a fan of the winning duo ever since their first appearance in the auditions.
"Pudsey: The Movie" will be produced by Vertigo Films and Syco Entertainment (owned by Simon Cowell). It will be in theatres come May 23, 2014 in the United Kingdom. "Pudsey: The Movie" will be about Pudsey and his other sibling dogs Molly, George, Tommy and their mother Gail (voiced by Jessica Hynes) set out to save the village from their landlord Mr. Thorne (John Sessions) and his cat, Faustus. It will be a fun and wholesome movie for the family.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan