'Pudsey: The Movie'—'Britain's Got Talent's' Winning Dog Act Stars in Upcoming Movie [WATCH]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 6, 2014 12:32 PM EST
The other half of "Britain's Got Talent 2012" winning duo, "Pudsey," the dancing dog, will star in his own movie this summer. "BGT" judges Simon Cowell and David Walliams will have a huge part in the movie as well.
Pudsey rose to fame the moment he and his human, Ashleigh, stepped on the stage of Britain's Got Talent 2012's auditions. At first look, the "BGT" judges and viewers may have had doubts about what the duo could do. For all they know, it could just be another dull and lousy performance. But Ashleigh and Pudsey proved everybody wrong.
When they started to dance, it was all smiles and adoration from the audience up to the judges. The duo's dance performance was so well choreographed and entertaining, there was nothing anyone can criticise about them—except for Simon Cowell. It's a little surprising Simon didn't give the harsh criticism everybody was expecting from him. In the auditions, Ashleigh and Pudsey danced to the classic tune of "The Flintstones." The perfomance was completed with Ashleigh dressing up with a matching theme outfit. Simon's only comment was it would have been better if Pudsey had a costume as well, but everything else was perfect. Simon and the other judges, as well as the audience, even gave a standing ovation for the cute and entertaining performance.
(Credit: YouTube/Britain's Got Talent)
Ashleigh and Pudsey eventually won the "BGT" contest in 2012. Fast track to the present, Simon Cowell decided to produce a movie for Pudsey. Even co-"BGT" judge David Williams supported the movie, as he did the voice for Pudsey in the movie. In an interview, Walliams said it was natural for him to take the role, as he's been a fan of the winning duo ever since their first appearance in the auditions.
"Pudsey: The Movie" will be produced by Vertigo Films and Syco Entertainment (owned by Simon Cowell). It will be in theatres come May 23, 2014 in the United Kingdom. "Pudsey: The Movie" will be about Pudsey and his other sibling dogs Molly, George, Tommy and their mother Gail (voiced by Jessica Hynes) set out to save the village from their landlord Mr. Thorne (John Sessions) and his cat, Faustus. It will be a fun and wholesome movie for the family.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015