'Pudsey: The Movie'—'Britain's Got Talent's' Winning Dog Act Stars in Upcoming Movie [WATCH]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 6, 2014 12:32 PM EST
The other half of "Britain's Got Talent 2012" winning duo, "Pudsey," the dancing dog, will star in his own movie this summer. "BGT" judges Simon Cowell and David Walliams will have a huge part in the movie as well.
Pudsey rose to fame the moment he and his human, Ashleigh, stepped on the stage of Britain's Got Talent 2012's auditions. At first look, the "BGT" judges and viewers may have had doubts about what the duo could do. For all they know, it could just be another dull and lousy performance. But Ashleigh and Pudsey proved everybody wrong.
When they started to dance, it was all smiles and adoration from the audience up to the judges. The duo's dance performance was so well choreographed and entertaining, there was nothing anyone can criticise about them—except for Simon Cowell. It's a little surprising Simon didn't give the harsh criticism everybody was expecting from him. In the auditions, Ashleigh and Pudsey danced to the classic tune of "The Flintstones." The perfomance was completed with Ashleigh dressing up with a matching theme outfit. Simon's only comment was it would have been better if Pudsey had a costume as well, but everything else was perfect. Simon and the other judges, as well as the audience, even gave a standing ovation for the cute and entertaining performance.
(Credit: YouTube/Britain's Got Talent)
Ashleigh and Pudsey eventually won the "BGT" contest in 2012. Fast track to the present, Simon Cowell decided to produce a movie for Pudsey. Even co-"BGT" judge David Williams supported the movie, as he did the voice for Pudsey in the movie. In an interview, Walliams said it was natural for him to take the role, as he's been a fan of the winning duo ever since their first appearance in the auditions.
"Pudsey: The Movie" will be produced by Vertigo Films and Syco Entertainment (owned by Simon Cowell). It will be in theatres come May 23, 2014 in the United Kingdom. "Pudsey: The Movie" will be about Pudsey and his other sibling dogs Molly, George, Tommy and their mother Gail (voiced by Jessica Hynes) set out to save the village from their landlord Mr. Thorne (John Sessions) and his cat, Faustus. It will be a fun and wholesome movie for the family.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6