'Pudsey: The Movie'—'Britain's Got Talent's' Winning Dog Act Stars in Upcoming Movie [WATCH]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 6, 2014 12:32 PM EST
The other half of "Britain's Got Talent 2012" winning duo, "Pudsey," the dancing dog, will star in his own movie this summer. "BGT" judges Simon Cowell and David Walliams will have a huge part in the movie as well.
Pudsey rose to fame the moment he and his human, Ashleigh, stepped on the stage of Britain's Got Talent 2012's auditions. At first look, the "BGT" judges and viewers may have had doubts about what the duo could do. For all they know, it could just be another dull and lousy performance. But Ashleigh and Pudsey proved everybody wrong.
When they started to dance, it was all smiles and adoration from the audience up to the judges. The duo's dance performance was so well choreographed and entertaining, there was nothing anyone can criticise about them—except for Simon Cowell. It's a little surprising Simon didn't give the harsh criticism everybody was expecting from him. In the auditions, Ashleigh and Pudsey danced to the classic tune of "The Flintstones." The perfomance was completed with Ashleigh dressing up with a matching theme outfit. Simon's only comment was it would have been better if Pudsey had a costume as well, but everything else was perfect. Simon and the other judges, as well as the audience, even gave a standing ovation for the cute and entertaining performance.
(Credit: YouTube/Britain's Got Talent)
Ashleigh and Pudsey eventually won the "BGT" contest in 2012. Fast track to the present, Simon Cowell decided to produce a movie for Pudsey. Even co-"BGT" judge David Williams supported the movie, as he did the voice for Pudsey in the movie. In an interview, Walliams said it was natural for him to take the role, as he's been a fan of the winning duo ever since their first appearance in the auditions.
"Pudsey: The Movie" will be produced by Vertigo Films and Syco Entertainment (owned by Simon Cowell). It will be in theatres come May 23, 2014 in the United Kingdom. "Pudsey: The Movie" will be about Pudsey and his other sibling dogs Molly, George, Tommy and their mother Gail (voiced by Jessica Hynes) set out to save the village from their landlord Mr. Thorne (John Sessions) and his cat, Faustus. It will be a fun and wholesome movie for the family.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’