HTC One M8 Reboots its ‘Prime’ Version to Challenge Samsung Galaxy S5
By Naveena Joy | May 6, 2014 12:31 PM EST
A model demonstrates the new HTC One M8 phone during a launch event in New York, March 25, 2014. The HTC One M8 has a 5-inch display, slightly larger than its predecessor, as well as improved camera technology, a faster processor and updated software, the company said.
This comes from Evleaks providng an accurate track record of reporting on unreleased mobile devices and tweets saying attention shouldn't be focused on the rumored 'HTC One M8 Ace' handset, the current device with a plastic shell. But instead get ready for a new, more powerful phone.
"Forget the Ace. What y'all are really waiting for is codenamed M8 Prime."
The HTC One M8 is currently making its shares in the market with high-end specs and impressive build quality. Reports on HTC M8 Ace noted another version will offer the same high-end specs as the original handset, but in plastic case with a much cheaper price. This apparently makes the end user wonder what the company wants to offer in terms of a Prime version.
Although the leaker, Evleaks, did not share any specific details of the upgraded new phone, it is almost certainly going to be refreshed in the coming months seeing the M8 specs jammed into a larger form to satisfy the phablet market.
Samsung is believed to be working on a Prime version of Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime, launching in June. The revamped device comes with a new super high resolution 2560 x 1440 QHD display and all metal body.
But the question arises whether One M8 is focusing on trying to deliver a better battery life or slamming in with a next generation display? A QHD display would have more pixels to drive than the current upgradation, and would have a direct impact on the battery life. This will definitely shake the sales of One M8 in the market, which HTC would not want at such a critical point of the sales cycle.
It is not clear what the device has to offer but HTC is finally ready to put up a much better fight against Samsung by introducing both M8 Ace and M8 Prime later this year. HTC wants to conquer the Android market by countering profits and market share from Samsung.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Down In The US: TPB Crew Resolved The Routing Issues
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- Thanksgiving 2014: Five Ways To Take Better Photos With Smartphone Camera
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones