‘Divergent’ Star Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley Were Once Lovers, Teller is Mr. Fantastic in 2015’s ‘Fantastic Four Reboot’
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 6, 2014 12:12 PM EST
Miles Teller has been rumoured dating fellow "Divergent" co-star Shailene Woodley for a time as they both took lead roles in teenager drama "The Spectacular Now" way back in 2013. While the two did not confirm of the relationship and revealed they were only good friends, fans seem to accept of its truth as their attention have been diverted into yet another "hot" love team of today-"Sheo," coming from combined names of Shailene Woodley and Theo James.
Miles Teller is reportedly in the running for the role of Mr. Fantastic
Teller and Woodley received critical acclaim in their powerful acting performance in "The Spectacular Now." Teller played the role of Sutter Keeley, a popular high school senior whose troubled family life caused him to rebel and develop alcoholism. After breaking up with his girlfriend, Keeley woke up in an unfamiliar lawn where he met Aimee Finecky (Shailene Woodley), and there, a relationship begins.
The success of the film gave Teller and Woodley numerous nominations and awards for their performances. They received "Special Jury Award for Acting" at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival where the movie premiered. Woodley also won "Best Supporting Actress" while Teller was nominated for "Best Actor."
Both stars cemented a great relationship in their first movie. In a sudden twist of fate, they have to play enemies in "Divergent" as Teller plays Peter Hayes, a central antagonist in the film. While Teller and Woodley are perfect examples of "lovers turned enemies" in the movies, Teller shares in People Magazine that they "have a good friendship at this point," and when they first showed up for training, Woodley is still calling him "Sutter."
"It was good in terms of doing the scenes, because there was already a familiarity there. We don't have to BS each other. If we are doing a scene and something's not working, we can talk honestly. There's no ego." Teller says in the interview.
"Divergent" star Miles Teller is rising, just like her fellow co-star Shailene Woodley who is in line with hefty film projects. He is now one of the actors watched by fans especially that bigger movies are underway. Following "Divergent," Teller will be seen in a new romance-comedy film "Two Night Stand," and is rumoured to have a role in the upcoming "Untitled John Belushi Project."
Furthermore, Miles Teller will also play superhero. He is confirmed to play Mr. Fantastic in Marvel's "Fantastic Four Reboot" with the first part to be released in 2015, while the recently announced sequel will come in 2017.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon