‘Divergent’ Star Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley Were Once Lovers, Teller is Mr. Fantastic in 2015’s ‘Fantastic Four Reboot’
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 6, 2014 12:12 PM EST
Miles Teller has been rumoured dating fellow "Divergent" co-star Shailene Woodley for a time as they both took lead roles in teenager drama "The Spectacular Now" way back in 2013. While the two did not confirm of the relationship and revealed they were only good friends, fans seem to accept of its truth as their attention have been diverted into yet another "hot" love team of today-"Sheo," coming from combined names of Shailene Woodley and Theo James.
Miles Teller is reportedly in the running for the role of Mr. Fantastic
Teller and Woodley received critical acclaim in their powerful acting performance in "The Spectacular Now." Teller played the role of Sutter Keeley, a popular high school senior whose troubled family life caused him to rebel and develop alcoholism. After breaking up with his girlfriend, Keeley woke up in an unfamiliar lawn where he met Aimee Finecky (Shailene Woodley), and there, a relationship begins.
The success of the film gave Teller and Woodley numerous nominations and awards for their performances. They received "Special Jury Award for Acting" at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival where the movie premiered. Woodley also won "Best Supporting Actress" while Teller was nominated for "Best Actor."
Both stars cemented a great relationship in their first movie. In a sudden twist of fate, they have to play enemies in "Divergent" as Teller plays Peter Hayes, a central antagonist in the film. While Teller and Woodley are perfect examples of "lovers turned enemies" in the movies, Teller shares in People Magazine that they "have a good friendship at this point," and when they first showed up for training, Woodley is still calling him "Sutter."
"It was good in terms of doing the scenes, because there was already a familiarity there. We don't have to BS each other. If we are doing a scene and something's not working, we can talk honestly. There's no ego." Teller says in the interview.
"Divergent" star Miles Teller is rising, just like her fellow co-star Shailene Woodley who is in line with hefty film projects. He is now one of the actors watched by fans especially that bigger movies are underway. Following "Divergent," Teller will be seen in a new romance-comedy film "Two Night Stand," and is rumoured to have a role in the upcoming "Untitled John Belushi Project."
Furthermore, Miles Teller will also play superhero. He is confirmed to play Mr. Fantastic in Marvel's "Fantastic Four Reboot" with the first part to be released in 2015, while the recently announced sequel will come in 2017.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)