‘Divergent’ Star Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley Were Once Lovers, Teller is Mr. Fantastic in 2015’s ‘Fantastic Four Reboot’
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 6, 2014 12:12 PM EST
Miles Teller has been rumoured dating fellow "Divergent" co-star Shailene Woodley for a time as they both took lead roles in teenager drama "The Spectacular Now" way back in 2013. While the two did not confirm of the relationship and revealed they were only good friends, fans seem to accept of its truth as their attention have been diverted into yet another "hot" love team of today-"Sheo," coming from combined names of Shailene Woodley and Theo James.
Miles Teller is reportedly in the running for the role of Mr. Fantastic
Teller and Woodley received critical acclaim in their powerful acting performance in "The Spectacular Now." Teller played the role of Sutter Keeley, a popular high school senior whose troubled family life caused him to rebel and develop alcoholism. After breaking up with his girlfriend, Keeley woke up in an unfamiliar lawn where he met Aimee Finecky (Shailene Woodley), and there, a relationship begins.
The success of the film gave Teller and Woodley numerous nominations and awards for their performances. They received "Special Jury Award for Acting" at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival where the movie premiered. Woodley also won "Best Supporting Actress" while Teller was nominated for "Best Actor."
Both stars cemented a great relationship in their first movie. In a sudden twist of fate, they have to play enemies in "Divergent" as Teller plays Peter Hayes, a central antagonist in the film. While Teller and Woodley are perfect examples of "lovers turned enemies" in the movies, Teller shares in People Magazine that they "have a good friendship at this point," and when they first showed up for training, Woodley is still calling him "Sutter."
"It was good in terms of doing the scenes, because there was already a familiarity there. We don't have to BS each other. If we are doing a scene and something's not working, we can talk honestly. There's no ego." Teller says in the interview.
"Divergent" star Miles Teller is rising, just like her fellow co-star Shailene Woodley who is in line with hefty film projects. He is now one of the actors watched by fans especially that bigger movies are underway. Following "Divergent," Teller will be seen in a new romance-comedy film "Two Night Stand," and is rumoured to have a role in the upcoming "Untitled John Belushi Project."
Furthermore, Miles Teller will also play superhero. He is confirmed to play Mr. Fantastic in Marvel's "Fantastic Four Reboot" with the first part to be released in 2015, while the recently announced sequel will come in 2017.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How