WATCH Michael Schumacher’s Practice Driving Session with 2015 C-Class Mercedes, Last Interview Before Skiing Accident; Fans’ Tweets of Support Despite News Media’s Absence
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 6, 2014 11:48 AM EST
Michael Schumacher is by far the most fruitful Grand Prix driver in the history of the sporting world of racing. He has remained in a medically-induced coma in the neurological intensive care unit of the Grenoble hospital, following his skiing accident. Somehow, the media attention on Schumacher's condition has died, and its absence might be the response to his wife's privacy plea to prevent unnecessary intrusions as their family continues to struggle coping up with the current condition of the seven-time world champion. The disappearance of updates tells a sad story to Schumacher's followers all around the globe.
Schumacher's Practice Driving Sessions with 2015 C-Class Mercedes
In April 2013, Schumacher became the ambassador of Mercedes Benz. He was mainly involved with the "development of the Mercedes Benz safety and comfort systems," as stated on the luxury car's official Web site. When Schumacher retired from racing, he had been reportedly working on "road safety."
A few weeks before the skiing accident, Schumacher tested and drove the 2015 C-Class Mercedes. "This car is full of safety aids, probably more than you get on the easy setting in the Formula One video games," Geek.com reported. Schumacher was tasked to crash the car but he failed to do so.
Watch the video here.
The prognosis for Schumacher has been concealed by the choice of his clan not to provide consistent updates on his development. It certainly seems disheartening and hopeless, but the fans of the former world champion remain optimistic and continue to pray for his recovery.
Below are some of the tweets on social media.
#Michael Schumacher not ever forgotten michael keep fighting for yourself,your family and us!— Tim Davis (@timtimbastard) May 5, 2014
"Life is about passions, thank you for sharing mine" - Michael Schumacher #KeepFightingMichael— Edward Teach (@ED_Thatch) May 3, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales