WATCH Michael Schumacher’s Practice Driving Session with 2015 C-Class Mercedes, Last Interview Before Skiing Accident; Fans’ Tweets of Support Despite News Media’s Absence
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 6, 2014 11:48 AM EST
Michael Schumacher is by far the most fruitful Grand Prix driver in the history of the sporting world of racing. He has remained in a medically-induced coma in the neurological intensive care unit of the Grenoble hospital, following his skiing accident. Somehow, the media attention on Schumacher's condition has died, and its absence might be the response to his wife's privacy plea to prevent unnecessary intrusions as their family continues to struggle coping up with the current condition of the seven-time world champion. The disappearance of updates tells a sad story to Schumacher's followers all around the globe.
Schumacher's Practice Driving Sessions with 2015 C-Class Mercedes
In April 2013, Schumacher became the ambassador of Mercedes Benz. He was mainly involved with the "development of the Mercedes Benz safety and comfort systems," as stated on the luxury car's official Web site. When Schumacher retired from racing, he had been reportedly working on "road safety."
A few weeks before the skiing accident, Schumacher tested and drove the 2015 C-Class Mercedes. "This car is full of safety aids, probably more than you get on the easy setting in the Formula One video games," Geek.com reported. Schumacher was tasked to crash the car but he failed to do so.
Watch the video here.
The prognosis for Schumacher has been concealed by the choice of his clan not to provide consistent updates on his development. It certainly seems disheartening and hopeless, but the fans of the former world champion remain optimistic and continue to pray for his recovery.
Below are some of the tweets on social media.
#Michael Schumacher not ever forgotten michael keep fighting for yourself,your family and us!— Tim Davis (@timtimbastard) May 5, 2014
"Life is about passions, thank you for sharing mine" - Michael Schumacher #KeepFightingMichael— Edward Teach (@ED_Thatch) May 3, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James