WATCH Michael Schumacher’s Practice Driving Session with 2015 C-Class Mercedes, Last Interview Before Skiing Accident; Fans’ Tweets of Support Despite News Media’s Absence
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 6, 2014 11:48 AM EST
Michael Schumacher is by far the most fruitful Grand Prix driver in the history of the sporting world of racing. He has remained in a medically-induced coma in the neurological intensive care unit of the Grenoble hospital, following his skiing accident. Somehow, the media attention on Schumacher's condition has died, and its absence might be the response to his wife's privacy plea to prevent unnecessary intrusions as their family continues to struggle coping up with the current condition of the seven-time world champion. The disappearance of updates tells a sad story to Schumacher's followers all around the globe.
Schumacher's Practice Driving Sessions with 2015 C-Class Mercedes
In April 2013, Schumacher became the ambassador of Mercedes Benz. He was mainly involved with the "development of the Mercedes Benz safety and comfort systems," as stated on the luxury car's official Web site. When Schumacher retired from racing, he had been reportedly working on "road safety."
A few weeks before the skiing accident, Schumacher tested and drove the 2015 C-Class Mercedes. "This car is full of safety aids, probably more than you get on the easy setting in the Formula One video games," Geek.com reported. Schumacher was tasked to crash the car but he failed to do so.
Watch the video here.
The prognosis for Schumacher has been concealed by the choice of his clan not to provide consistent updates on his development. It certainly seems disheartening and hopeless, but the fans of the former world champion remain optimistic and continue to pray for his recovery.
Below are some of the tweets on social media.
#Michael Schumacher not ever forgotten michael keep fighting for yourself,your family and us!— Tim Davis (@timtimbastard) May 5, 2014
"Life is about passions, thank you for sharing mine" - Michael Schumacher #KeepFightingMichael— Edward Teach (@ED_Thatch) May 3, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- WWE SummerSlam: Orton Vs Reigns Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date