WATCH Michael Schumacher’s Practice Driving Session with 2015 C-Class Mercedes, Last Interview Before Skiing Accident; Fans’ Tweets of Support Despite News Media’s Absence
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 6, 2014 11:48 AM EST
Michael Schumacher is by far the most fruitful Grand Prix driver in the history of the sporting world of racing. He has remained in a medically-induced coma in the neurological intensive care unit of the Grenoble hospital, following his skiing accident. Somehow, the media attention on Schumacher's condition has died, and its absence might be the response to his wife's privacy plea to prevent unnecessary intrusions as their family continues to struggle coping up with the current condition of the seven-time world champion. The disappearance of updates tells a sad story to Schumacher's followers all around the globe.
Schumacher's Practice Driving Sessions with 2015 C-Class Mercedes
In April 2013, Schumacher became the ambassador of Mercedes Benz. He was mainly involved with the "development of the Mercedes Benz safety and comfort systems," as stated on the luxury car's official Web site. When Schumacher retired from racing, he had been reportedly working on "road safety."
A few weeks before the skiing accident, Schumacher tested and drove the 2015 C-Class Mercedes. "This car is full of safety aids, probably more than you get on the easy setting in the Formula One video games," Geek.com reported. Schumacher was tasked to crash the car but he failed to do so.
Watch the video here.
The prognosis for Schumacher has been concealed by the choice of his clan not to provide consistent updates on his development. It certainly seems disheartening and hopeless, but the fans of the former world champion remain optimistic and continue to pray for his recovery.
Below are some of the tweets on social media.
#Michael Schumacher not ever forgotten michael keep fighting for yourself,your family and us!— Tim Davis (@timtimbastard) May 5, 2014
"Life is about passions, thank you for sharing mine" - Michael Schumacher #KeepFightingMichael— Edward Teach (@ED_Thatch) May 3, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage