Another Shot at Nexus 10 2 Release Date as 2012 Nexus 10 Hits eBay For Only $270?
By Erik Pineda | May 6, 2014 11:45 AM EST
Is Google again teasing a likely Nexus 10 2 release date this 2014 as the device it supposed to replace, the first Nexus 10, surfaced recently on eBay and vies anew for attention with a sticker price that is hard to resist - at $270?
The original Google Nexus 10 which was built by Samsung.
Why for that cash setback, tablet shoppers will take home of the following compelling package: a 10.1-inch display screen that also boasts of 2560 x 1600 pixels. The full-sized slate is also a powerhouse as under its hood a mighty two-core Exynos 5250 CPU rests, which when all gassed up spins away at 1.7GHz.
Suffice it to say that even when first introduced in 2012, the first Nexus 10 will not be short on allure and capabilities as it is quite able to slug it out with the 2014 Android tablet builds or even the latest batch of iPad models.
Note too that this Nexus' Exynos chip is tapped into 2GB of RAM, which by comparison easily overwhelms that of the hugely popular iPad Air.
And acting as deal-sealer is ream cam shooter with 5MP of lens sensor plus a 9000mAh battery that pretty much ensures would-be buyers of the vanilla Android slab will not have to scamper for a power outlet during the best part of the day to re-juice the Nexus 10.
The best part about the Nexus 10 is it outpaces most Android-based tablets when it comes to having the latest Google platform build. The eBay deal, according to The Droid Guy, runs on KitKat 4.4.2 but it is common knowledge that once Google updates its Android menu, this Nexus will get it almost immediately in its purest form.
That would be Android 4.5 or 5.0 and if persistent rumours pan out, the next sweet should be out right after the 2014 Google I/O Developers Conference set in June 24 and 25. It is a bold wager that the Nexus 10 will among the first in line to chew in this update.
Now how about the second Nexus 10 that Google has hinted about in the mid-part of 2013 then mysteriously forgot about? Will this new Nexus 10 rekindle hopes of a last-minute refresh however faint it is?
At the moment though, there is no strong indication to support the possibility of Google still unwrapping the Nexus 10 2 in the next few months. The latest chatter points to the likely July unveiling of an 8.9-inch Nexus 8 that HTC, yes the HTC One maker, will reportedly build.
In recent reports, supply chain sources from Asia have claimed that the slightly smaller Nexus 8 would serve as Google's fresh and possibly final attempt to challenge Apple's iPad dominance.
And in doing so, all hopes for a Nexus 10 2 release date ever happening this 2014 seem to have grown weaker.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced