WWE Raw Rumors & Spoilers: Sting vs. the Rock, Buried Alive Match at Payback & Batista’s Exit
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 6, 2014 11:45 AM EST
Pro-Wrestling legend Sting hasn't made his first action in the WWE ring but speculations are already all over the Internet about his potential opponent. According to Daily Wrestling News, the Sting could potentially face the Rock at Wrestlemania 31 in case the Undertaker would be unable to show up in the 2015 event.
Sting, who finally signed with the WWE in 2014, is expected to make his WWE debut in the coming months, though his regularity as a competitor inside the ring is uncertain because of his age.
Nevertheless, the former World Heavyweight champion is very much ready to lock horns with other WWE legends, including the Undertaker, whose image of immortality was recently exposed by Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 30.
The Undertaker's winning streak at Wrestlemania might have already ended, but WWE big boss Vince McMahon is still looking to capitalise on the Deadman's popularity by pitting him against other up-and-coming stars or icons such as the Sting.
Then again, health has been an issue for the Takers for these past years, and a possible Wrestlemania dream fight with Sting could be shelved if he's not going to feel 100 per cent at that time.
Sources indicated the Plan B would be the Sting taking on the Rock in a battle between two polarising wrestling stars. There are rumours that the Rock is being built up as an opponent for Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31, but a face-off with the Sting would be more 'intriguing' for the fans to watch.
"We noted before that The Rock could end up facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 31. A possible match with Rock vs. Sting has also been brought up at least once. Word is that both Rock and Sting are interested in the match but it's unknown if WWE officials are interested."
Buried Alive at Payback
Batista will reportedly make another hiatus from the WWE in the coming weeks, as he looks to focus on promoting his upcoming movie, Marvel's The Guardian of the Galaxy.
The Animal is originally scheduled to face Bryan at Payback; however, there are reports that Batista is not happy with his current role in the WWE universe, making his exit earlier than expected. In case Batista leaves, Kane and Bryan will continue their feud leading up to a Buried Alive match at WWE's next Pay-per-View event on June 1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements