WWE Raw Rumors & Spoilers: Sting vs. the Rock, Buried Alive Match at Payback & Batista’s Exit
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 6, 2014 11:45 AM EST
Pro-Wrestling legend Sting hasn't made his first action in the WWE ring but speculations are already all over the Internet about his potential opponent. According to Daily Wrestling News, the Sting could potentially face the Rock at Wrestlemania 31 in case the Undertaker would be unable to show up in the 2015 event.
Sting, who finally signed with the WWE in 2014, is expected to make his WWE debut in the coming months, though his regularity as a competitor inside the ring is uncertain because of his age.
Nevertheless, the former World Heavyweight champion is very much ready to lock horns with other WWE legends, including the Undertaker, whose image of immortality was recently exposed by Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 30.
The Undertaker's winning streak at Wrestlemania might have already ended, but WWE big boss Vince McMahon is still looking to capitalise on the Deadman's popularity by pitting him against other up-and-coming stars or icons such as the Sting.
Then again, health has been an issue for the Takers for these past years, and a possible Wrestlemania dream fight with Sting could be shelved if he's not going to feel 100 per cent at that time.
Sources indicated the Plan B would be the Sting taking on the Rock in a battle between two polarising wrestling stars. There are rumours that the Rock is being built up as an opponent for Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31, but a face-off with the Sting would be more 'intriguing' for the fans to watch.
"We noted before that The Rock could end up facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 31. A possible match with Rock vs. Sting has also been brought up at least once. Word is that both Rock and Sting are interested in the match but it's unknown if WWE officials are interested."
Buried Alive at Payback
Batista will reportedly make another hiatus from the WWE in the coming weeks, as he looks to focus on promoting his upcoming movie, Marvel's The Guardian of the Galaxy.
The Animal is originally scheduled to face Bryan at Payback; however, there are reports that Batista is not happy with his current role in the WWE universe, making his exit earlier than expected. In case Batista leaves, Kane and Bryan will continue their feud leading up to a Buried Alive match at WWE's next Pay-per-View event on June 1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans