WWE Raw Rumors & Spoilers: Sting vs. the Rock, Buried Alive Match at Payback & Batista’s Exit
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 6, 2014 11:45 AM EST
Pro-Wrestling legend Sting hasn't made his first action in the WWE ring but speculations are already all over the Internet about his potential opponent. According to Daily Wrestling News, the Sting could potentially face the Rock at Wrestlemania 31 in case the Undertaker would be unable to show up in the 2015 event.
Sting, who finally signed with the WWE in 2014, is expected to make his WWE debut in the coming months, though his regularity as a competitor inside the ring is uncertain because of his age.
Nevertheless, the former World Heavyweight champion is very much ready to lock horns with other WWE legends, including the Undertaker, whose image of immortality was recently exposed by Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 30.
The Undertaker's winning streak at Wrestlemania might have already ended, but WWE big boss Vince McMahon is still looking to capitalise on the Deadman's popularity by pitting him against other up-and-coming stars or icons such as the Sting.
Then again, health has been an issue for the Takers for these past years, and a possible Wrestlemania dream fight with Sting could be shelved if he's not going to feel 100 per cent at that time.
Sources indicated the Plan B would be the Sting taking on the Rock in a battle between two polarising wrestling stars. There are rumours that the Rock is being built up as an opponent for Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31, but a face-off with the Sting would be more 'intriguing' for the fans to watch.
"We noted before that The Rock could end up facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 31. A possible match with Rock vs. Sting has also been brought up at least once. Word is that both Rock and Sting are interested in the match but it's unknown if WWE officials are interested."
Buried Alive at Payback
Batista will reportedly make another hiatus from the WWE in the coming weeks, as he looks to focus on promoting his upcoming movie, Marvel's The Guardian of the Galaxy.
The Animal is originally scheduled to face Bryan at Payback; however, there are reports that Batista is not happy with his current role in the WWE universe, making his exit earlier than expected. In case Batista leaves, Kane and Bryan will continue their feud leading up to a Buried Alive match at WWE's next Pay-per-View event on June 1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks