WWE Raw Rumors & Spoilers: Sting vs. the Rock, Buried Alive Match at Payback & Batista’s Exit
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 6, 2014 11:45 AM EST
Pro-Wrestling legend Sting hasn't made his first action in the WWE ring but speculations are already all over the Internet about his potential opponent. According to Daily Wrestling News, the Sting could potentially face the Rock at Wrestlemania 31 in case the Undertaker would be unable to show up in the 2015 event.
Sting, who finally signed with the WWE in 2014, is expected to make his WWE debut in the coming months, though his regularity as a competitor inside the ring is uncertain because of his age.
Nevertheless, the former World Heavyweight champion is very much ready to lock horns with other WWE legends, including the Undertaker, whose image of immortality was recently exposed by Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 30.
The Undertaker's winning streak at Wrestlemania might have already ended, but WWE big boss Vince McMahon is still looking to capitalise on the Deadman's popularity by pitting him against other up-and-coming stars or icons such as the Sting.
Then again, health has been an issue for the Takers for these past years, and a possible Wrestlemania dream fight with Sting could be shelved if he's not going to feel 100 per cent at that time.
Sources indicated the Plan B would be the Sting taking on the Rock in a battle between two polarising wrestling stars. There are rumours that the Rock is being built up as an opponent for Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31, but a face-off with the Sting would be more 'intriguing' for the fans to watch.
"We noted before that The Rock could end up facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 31. A possible match with Rock vs. Sting has also been brought up at least once. Word is that both Rock and Sting are interested in the match but it's unknown if WWE officials are interested."
Buried Alive at Payback
Batista will reportedly make another hiatus from the WWE in the coming weeks, as he looks to focus on promoting his upcoming movie, Marvel's The Guardian of the Galaxy.
The Animal is originally scheduled to face Bryan at Payback; however, there are reports that Batista is not happy with his current role in the WWE universe, making his exit earlier than expected. In case Batista leaves, Kane and Bryan will continue their feud leading up to a Buried Alive match at WWE's next Pay-per-View event on June 1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Mayweather Jr. Responds To 2015 Super Fight Talks; American Bashes Pacquiao With Social Media Video Post of Marquez's KO
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast