WWE Raw Rumors & Spoilers: Sting vs. the Rock, Buried Alive Match at Payback & Batista’s Exit
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 6, 2014 11:45 AM EST
Pro-Wrestling legend Sting hasn't made his first action in the WWE ring but speculations are already all over the Internet about his potential opponent. According to Daily Wrestling News, the Sting could potentially face the Rock at Wrestlemania 31 in case the Undertaker would be unable to show up in the 2015 event.
Sting, who finally signed with the WWE in 2014, is expected to make his WWE debut in the coming months, though his regularity as a competitor inside the ring is uncertain because of his age.
Nevertheless, the former World Heavyweight champion is very much ready to lock horns with other WWE legends, including the Undertaker, whose image of immortality was recently exposed by Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 30.
The Undertaker's winning streak at Wrestlemania might have already ended, but WWE big boss Vince McMahon is still looking to capitalise on the Deadman's popularity by pitting him against other up-and-coming stars or icons such as the Sting.
Then again, health has been an issue for the Takers for these past years, and a possible Wrestlemania dream fight with Sting could be shelved if he's not going to feel 100 per cent at that time.
Sources indicated the Plan B would be the Sting taking on the Rock in a battle between two polarising wrestling stars. There are rumours that the Rock is being built up as an opponent for Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31, but a face-off with the Sting would be more 'intriguing' for the fans to watch.
"We noted before that The Rock could end up facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 31. A possible match with Rock vs. Sting has also been brought up at least once. Word is that both Rock and Sting are interested in the match but it's unknown if WWE officials are interested."
Buried Alive at Payback
Batista will reportedly make another hiatus from the WWE in the coming weeks, as he looks to focus on promoting his upcoming movie, Marvel's The Guardian of the Galaxy.
The Animal is originally scheduled to face Bryan at Payback; however, there are reports that Batista is not happy with his current role in the WWE universe, making his exit earlier than expected. In case Batista leaves, Kane and Bryan will continue their feud leading up to a Buried Alive match at WWE's next Pay-per-View event on June 1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales