Jeremy Lin News: Boston Celtics, Brooklyn Nets Potential Trade Destinations for Linsanity
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 6, 2014 11:39 AM EST
Jeremy Lin might have already played his final game with the Houston Rockets in Game 6 of their first-round playoff series with the Portland Trail Blazers. With the Rockets attempting to retool their lineup this summer, Lin and his expiring contract will be the most likely trade chip that the general manager, Daryl Morey, is going to use.
Jeremy Lin is featured in the latest "This is SportsCenter" commercial.
After another up-and-down season, Lin's days with the Rockets are apparently numbered. The Rockets, who fell in six games at the hands of the up-and-coming Trail Blazers, will likely be the most aggressive team to make a move this offseason.
Dwight Howard and James Harden will continue to assume their role as the core of the Rockets team, while head coach Kevin McHale has been confirmed to return for another gig next season.
However, majority of the players on the roster are not safe to any trade negotiations. Third-year forward Chandler Parsons, Terrence Jones, Patrick Beverley, Omer Asik and Lin could potentially be used in a blockbuster deal to make the Rockets' ambition to land another A-list superstar a reality.
In an article on Sportige, it stated that Lin might be better off with the Rockets because of McHale's failure to optimise the Asian-American's star potential and the complexity of the Lin-Harden backcourt tandem.
"It might be in Jeremy Lin's best interest to try and play somewhere else, because he isn't going to be come a starting point guard unless McHale and Morey suddenly realize what they've been doing wrong all this time," according to Sportige.
So which team will Lin really fit well?
The Rockets have been salivating to get point guard Rajon Rondo even before the trade deadline. Morey could use Lin, Asik, Parsons or/and draft picks to sweeten a deal for Rondo, but several analysts believe the Celtics won't let their playmaker walk away unless the All-Star forces a trade.
If that eventually happens, Lin seems to be a better piece for second-year head coach Brad Stevens. Lin's court vision and scoring ability would make the Celtics team a much more efficient offensively, while Asik or Parsons could readily assume a crucial role in the starting lineup.
Another possible trade destination for Lin is the Brooklyn Nets. For a team loaded with veterans, Lin's youth will be a big plus. Of course, playing in a big stage such as New York won't be a problem anymore because of his notoriety as a big-time performer in the Big Apple. The Nets made an inquiry about Lin midway into the season, and that could be re-explored again this summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People