‘Star Wars Rebels’ Trailer Released: New Disney XD Animated Series to Watch Before ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 6, 2014 11:14 AM EST
Reeling in anticipation for "Star Wars: Episode VII?" Here is the Disney XD animated series "Star Wars Rebels" that may quell all "Star Wars" fans' thirst for adventure.
With the release of the first full trailer for the animated series on Sunday, May 4, the rebellion has begun. "Star Wars" fans were treated to a pleasant surprise in time for the unofficial holiday every fourth of May that the fans of the American epic space opera dubbed as "Star Wars Day."
"In a time of darkness, when fear ruled the galaxy, heroes will rise, destinies will collide and a rebellion will ignite," the narrator can be heard saying in the beginning of the trailer.
Star Wars Wiki stated the new animated television series is set during the time frames between "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" and "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope," with the primary theme focused on the origins of Rebel Alliance.
According to a CinemaBlend article, "Star Wars Rebels" will center on the "rebellion that's forming as the Empire tightens its grip on the galaxy." The animated series will also hunt down the last of the Jedi Knights.
But what may be a thrilling addition for "Star Wars" fans is the new droid named Chopper that was introduced late in January. A "lazy, cranky... essential crew member of the Ghost," Chopper is set to appear in the new "Star Wars" animated series.
"Rebels is going to have a different sound. It's going to be a little closer to a new hope...," Kevin Kiner, who described himself on StarWars.com as a rock 'n roll guitar player, said in answer to a question posted on Star Wars' Web site.
Kiner is said to be doing the music score while Simon Kinberg, Dave Filoni and Greg Weisman are all set to executive produce. Meanwhile, the voice cast for the series includes Freddie Prinze Jr (Kanan Jarrus), Taylor Gray (Ezra Bridger), Tiya Sircar (Sabine Wren), Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian), Steve Blum (Zeb Orrelios) and Vanessa Marshall (Hera Syndulla).
The premiere episode of the TV series, produced by Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm Animation, was announced to air on Disney Channel for a 1-hour special before "Star Wars Rebels" moves to Disney's sister company Disney XD.
WATCH: "Star Wars Rebels'" First Official Full Trailer
(Credit: YouTube/Star Wars)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast