‘Star Wars Rebels’ Trailer Released: New Disney XD Animated Series to Watch Before ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 6, 2014 11:14 AM EST
Reeling in anticipation for "Star Wars: Episode VII?" Here is the Disney XD animated series "Star Wars Rebels" that may quell all "Star Wars" fans' thirst for adventure.
With the release of the first full trailer for the animated series on Sunday, May 4, the rebellion has begun. "Star Wars" fans were treated to a pleasant surprise in time for the unofficial holiday every fourth of May that the fans of the American epic space opera dubbed as "Star Wars Day."
"In a time of darkness, when fear ruled the galaxy, heroes will rise, destinies will collide and a rebellion will ignite," the narrator can be heard saying in the beginning of the trailer.
Star Wars Wiki stated the new animated television series is set during the time frames between "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" and "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope," with the primary theme focused on the origins of Rebel Alliance.
According to a CinemaBlend article, "Star Wars Rebels" will center on the "rebellion that's forming as the Empire tightens its grip on the galaxy." The animated series will also hunt down the last of the Jedi Knights.
But what may be a thrilling addition for "Star Wars" fans is the new droid named Chopper that was introduced late in January. A "lazy, cranky... essential crew member of the Ghost," Chopper is set to appear in the new "Star Wars" animated series.
"Rebels is going to have a different sound. It's going to be a little closer to a new hope...," Kevin Kiner, who described himself on StarWars.com as a rock 'n roll guitar player, said in answer to a question posted on Star Wars' Web site.
Kiner is said to be doing the music score while Simon Kinberg, Dave Filoni and Greg Weisman are all set to executive produce. Meanwhile, the voice cast for the series includes Freddie Prinze Jr (Kanan Jarrus), Taylor Gray (Ezra Bridger), Tiya Sircar (Sabine Wren), Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian), Steve Blum (Zeb Orrelios) and Vanessa Marshall (Hera Syndulla).
The premiere episode of the TV series, produced by Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm Animation, was announced to air on Disney Channel for a 1-hour special before "Star Wars Rebels" moves to Disney's sister company Disney XD.
WATCH: "Star Wars Rebels'" First Official Full Trailer
(Credit: YouTube/Star Wars)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0