‘Star Wars Rebels’ Trailer Released: New Disney XD Animated Series to Watch Before ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 6, 2014 11:14 AM EST
Reeling in anticipation for "Star Wars: Episode VII?" Here is the Disney XD animated series "Star Wars Rebels" that may quell all "Star Wars" fans' thirst for adventure.
With the release of the first full trailer for the animated series on Sunday, May 4, the rebellion has begun. "Star Wars" fans were treated to a pleasant surprise in time for the unofficial holiday every fourth of May that the fans of the American epic space opera dubbed as "Star Wars Day."
"In a time of darkness, when fear ruled the galaxy, heroes will rise, destinies will collide and a rebellion will ignite," the narrator can be heard saying in the beginning of the trailer.
Star Wars Wiki stated the new animated television series is set during the time frames between "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" and "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope," with the primary theme focused on the origins of Rebel Alliance.
According to a CinemaBlend article, "Star Wars Rebels" will center on the "rebellion that's forming as the Empire tightens its grip on the galaxy." The animated series will also hunt down the last of the Jedi Knights.
But what may be a thrilling addition for "Star Wars" fans is the new droid named Chopper that was introduced late in January. A "lazy, cranky... essential crew member of the Ghost," Chopper is set to appear in the new "Star Wars" animated series.
"Rebels is going to have a different sound. It's going to be a little closer to a new hope...," Kevin Kiner, who described himself on StarWars.com as a rock 'n roll guitar player, said in answer to a question posted on Star Wars' Web site.
Kiner is said to be doing the music score while Simon Kinberg, Dave Filoni and Greg Weisman are all set to executive produce. Meanwhile, the voice cast for the series includes Freddie Prinze Jr (Kanan Jarrus), Taylor Gray (Ezra Bridger), Tiya Sircar (Sabine Wren), Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian), Steve Blum (Zeb Orrelios) and Vanessa Marshall (Hera Syndulla).
The premiere episode of the TV series, produced by Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm Animation, was announced to air on Disney Channel for a 1-hour special before "Star Wars Rebels" moves to Disney's sister company Disney XD.
WATCH: "Star Wars Rebels'" First Official Full Trailer
(Credit: YouTube/Star Wars)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans