‘Star Wars Rebels’ Trailer Released: New Disney XD Animated Series to Watch Before ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 6, 2014 11:14 AM EST
Reeling in anticipation for "Star Wars: Episode VII?" Here is the Disney XD animated series "Star Wars Rebels" that may quell all "Star Wars" fans' thirst for adventure.
With the release of the first full trailer for the animated series on Sunday, May 4, the rebellion has begun. "Star Wars" fans were treated to a pleasant surprise in time for the unofficial holiday every fourth of May that the fans of the American epic space opera dubbed as "Star Wars Day."
"In a time of darkness, when fear ruled the galaxy, heroes will rise, destinies will collide and a rebellion will ignite," the narrator can be heard saying in the beginning of the trailer.
Star Wars Wiki stated the new animated television series is set during the time frames between "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" and "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope," with the primary theme focused on the origins of Rebel Alliance.
According to a CinemaBlend article, "Star Wars Rebels" will center on the "rebellion that's forming as the Empire tightens its grip on the galaxy." The animated series will also hunt down the last of the Jedi Knights.
But what may be a thrilling addition for "Star Wars" fans is the new droid named Chopper that was introduced late in January. A "lazy, cranky... essential crew member of the Ghost," Chopper is set to appear in the new "Star Wars" animated series.
"Rebels is going to have a different sound. It's going to be a little closer to a new hope...," Kevin Kiner, who described himself on StarWars.com as a rock 'n roll guitar player, said in answer to a question posted on Star Wars' Web site.
Kiner is said to be doing the music score while Simon Kinberg, Dave Filoni and Greg Weisman are all set to executive produce. Meanwhile, the voice cast for the series includes Freddie Prinze Jr (Kanan Jarrus), Taylor Gray (Ezra Bridger), Tiya Sircar (Sabine Wren), Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian), Steve Blum (Zeb Orrelios) and Vanessa Marshall (Hera Syndulla).
The premiere episode of the TV series, produced by Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm Animation, was announced to air on Disney Channel for a 1-hour special before "Star Wars Rebels" moves to Disney's sister company Disney XD.
WATCH: "Star Wars Rebels'" First Official Full Trailer
(Credit: YouTube/Star Wars)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes