‘Star Wars Rebels’ Trailer Released: New Disney XD Animated Series to Watch Before ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 6, 2014 11:14 AM EST
Reeling in anticipation for "Star Wars: Episode VII?" Here is the Disney XD animated series "Star Wars Rebels" that may quell all "Star Wars" fans' thirst for adventure.
With the release of the first full trailer for the animated series on Sunday, May 4, the rebellion has begun. "Star Wars" fans were treated to a pleasant surprise in time for the unofficial holiday every fourth of May that the fans of the American epic space opera dubbed as "Star Wars Day."
"In a time of darkness, when fear ruled the galaxy, heroes will rise, destinies will collide and a rebellion will ignite," the narrator can be heard saying in the beginning of the trailer.
Star Wars Wiki stated the new animated television series is set during the time frames between "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" and "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope," with the primary theme focused on the origins of Rebel Alliance.
According to a CinemaBlend article, "Star Wars Rebels" will center on the "rebellion that's forming as the Empire tightens its grip on the galaxy." The animated series will also hunt down the last of the Jedi Knights.
But what may be a thrilling addition for "Star Wars" fans is the new droid named Chopper that was introduced late in January. A "lazy, cranky... essential crew member of the Ghost," Chopper is set to appear in the new "Star Wars" animated series.
"Rebels is going to have a different sound. It's going to be a little closer to a new hope...," Kevin Kiner, who described himself on StarWars.com as a rock 'n roll guitar player, said in answer to a question posted on Star Wars' Web site.
Kiner is said to be doing the music score while Simon Kinberg, Dave Filoni and Greg Weisman are all set to executive produce. Meanwhile, the voice cast for the series includes Freddie Prinze Jr (Kanan Jarrus), Taylor Gray (Ezra Bridger), Tiya Sircar (Sabine Wren), Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian), Steve Blum (Zeb Orrelios) and Vanessa Marshall (Hera Syndulla).
The premiere episode of the TV series, produced by Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm Animation, was announced to air on Disney Channel for a 1-hour special before "Star Wars Rebels" moves to Disney's sister company Disney XD.
WATCH: "Star Wars Rebels'" First Official Full Trailer
(Credit: YouTube/Star Wars)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal