Stars Who Went Goth on the Red Carpet: From Rihanna to Katy Perry [PHOTOS]
May 6, 2014 9:21 AM EST
Rihanna Goes Goth? Stars who Went Goth on the Red Carpet [PHOTOS]
In the first ever iHeart Radio Music Awards, Rihanna has chosen to go Goth for her look as she walked down the red carpet. She is not one to just conform with the crowd and she really did stand out from the sea of celebrities that attended the music awards at The Shrine Auditorium, according to the Daily Mail.
Although Rihanna arrived late, she still managed to get everyone's attention with her gothic sheer lace Givenchy Couture maxi dress. A black leather jacket hung over her shoulders as she made her way through the auditorium.
The dress she wore made of black sheer lace that is barely covering most of her intimate parts and she had her hair twisted in small buns like that of Miley Cyrus. She also accessorized her look with long chain silver necklaces with a cross pendant and large silver earrings. A dark green lipstick was added to complete the look.
The Bajan beauty was not only eye-catching in her chosen dress but also because she has won four awards for the night. Nabbing the Hip-Hop/R&B Song of the Year, Artist of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Fan Army made her the biggest winner for the night.
After accepting the Best Fan Army award for her Rihanna Navy, she mentioned how hard it is to work in the industry and thanked fans for their support, according to Independent. The 26-year-old RnB songstress is certainly being supported by her fans as she thanked them saying: "I've never felt comfortable being anything but myself. And I want to thank my fans for embracing that and supporting that. I love you guys."
Pulling the gothic look without looking too excessive might be difficult. There are many celebrities who have donned the Gothic ensemble on the red carpet, while other have succeeded there were those who failed. Some of the celebrities were even criticized for choosing an all-black ensemble.
Celebrities who were brave enough to go over the dark side are Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kristen Stewart, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Alina Baikova, and Katy Perry among others.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- Jennifer Lopez And Iggy Azalea Show Off Their Incredible Bodies In Risqué Artwork Of 'Booty' Remix
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps