Stars Who Went Goth on the Red Carpet: From Rihanna to Katy Perry [PHOTOS]
May 6, 2014 9:21 AM EST
Rihanna Goes Goth? Stars who Went Goth on the Red Carpet [PHOTOS]
In the first ever iHeart Radio Music Awards, Rihanna has chosen to go Goth for her look as she walked down the red carpet. She is not one to just conform with the crowd and she really did stand out from the sea of celebrities that attended the music awards at The Shrine Auditorium, according to the Daily Mail.
Although Rihanna arrived late, she still managed to get everyone's attention with her gothic sheer lace Givenchy Couture maxi dress. A black leather jacket hung over her shoulders as she made her way through the auditorium.
The dress she wore made of black sheer lace that is barely covering most of her intimate parts and she had her hair twisted in small buns like that of Miley Cyrus. She also accessorized her look with long chain silver necklaces with a cross pendant and large silver earrings. A dark green lipstick was added to complete the look.
The Bajan beauty was not only eye-catching in her chosen dress but also because she has won four awards for the night. Nabbing the Hip-Hop/R&B Song of the Year, Artist of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Fan Army made her the biggest winner for the night.
After accepting the Best Fan Army award for her Rihanna Navy, she mentioned how hard it is to work in the industry and thanked fans for their support, according to Independent. The 26-year-old RnB songstress is certainly being supported by her fans as she thanked them saying: "I've never felt comfortable being anything but myself. And I want to thank my fans for embracing that and supporting that. I love you guys."
Pulling the gothic look without looking too excessive might be difficult. There are many celebrities who have donned the Gothic ensemble on the red carpet, while other have succeeded there were those who failed. Some of the celebrities were even criticized for choosing an all-black ensemble.
Celebrities who were brave enough to go over the dark side are Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kristen Stewart, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Alina Baikova, and Katy Perry among others.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers