Stars Who Went Goth on the Red Carpet: From Rihanna to Katy Perry [PHOTOS]
May 6, 2014 9:21 AM EST
Rihanna Goes Goth? Stars who Went Goth on the Red Carpet [PHOTOS]
In the first ever iHeart Radio Music Awards, Rihanna has chosen to go Goth for her look as she walked down the red carpet. She is not one to just conform with the crowd and she really did stand out from the sea of celebrities that attended the music awards at The Shrine Auditorium, according to the Daily Mail.
Although Rihanna arrived late, she still managed to get everyone's attention with her gothic sheer lace Givenchy Couture maxi dress. A black leather jacket hung over her shoulders as she made her way through the auditorium.
The dress she wore made of black sheer lace that is barely covering most of her intimate parts and she had her hair twisted in small buns like that of Miley Cyrus. She also accessorized her look with long chain silver necklaces with a cross pendant and large silver earrings. A dark green lipstick was added to complete the look.
The Bajan beauty was not only eye-catching in her chosen dress but also because she has won four awards for the night. Nabbing the Hip-Hop/R&B Song of the Year, Artist of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Fan Army made her the biggest winner for the night.
After accepting the Best Fan Army award for her Rihanna Navy, she mentioned how hard it is to work in the industry and thanked fans for their support, according to Independent. The 26-year-old RnB songstress is certainly being supported by her fans as she thanked them saying: "I've never felt comfortable being anything but myself. And I want to thank my fans for embracing that and supporting that. I love you guys."
Pulling the gothic look without looking too excessive might be difficult. There are many celebrities who have donned the Gothic ensemble on the red carpet, while other have succeeded there were those who failed. Some of the celebrities were even criticized for choosing an all-black ensemble.
Celebrities who were brave enough to go over the dark side are Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kristen Stewart, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Alina Baikova, and Katy Perry among others.
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Baby Bump Pictures Allegedly Arrive on Instagram, Reported to be Pregnant with French Montana's Baby
- Kim Kardashian's Divorce Struggles: Kanye West Emotionally Unavailable, Neglects Kim and North West on Trip to Mexico
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- CCTV Footage Captured Children Being Beaten To Sleep And Physically Abused Inside Nursery
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report