‘The Walking Dead’ Star Josh McDermitt Thinks [THIS] ‘Mad Men’ Character is Perfect in a Zombie Apocalypse
By Tarun Mazumdar | May 6, 2014 9:06 AM EST
"Mad Men" and "The Walking Dead" mix. It will be maddening to even imagine something as bizarre as copywriters going all nuts about killing the zombies and churning out copies in the zombie apocalypse era. Josh McDermitt (Dr. Eugene Porter) made an appearance in "Mad Men" Season 7, Episode 4 "The Monolith." He portrayed the character of George Payton in the "Mad Men" episode.
Josh McDermitt, who arrived in Atlanta along with other "The Walking Dead" stars, talked to AMC about advertising in the 60s and zombie apocalypse.
When asked which character would survive the zombie apocalypse, he stated that Pete Campbell would die first.
"I'll just say right away, Pete Campbell would be the first to die! I would think Peggy would fare best. If you've watched her character's trajectory throughout the entire series, she adapts and she changes, which is really what you would need to survive in a zombie apocalypse. It's not business as usual. You have to change the way you do things to figure out how you're going to survive... Although I'd love to have Roger there because he cracks me up," said Josh.
The actor, who is currently in Atlanta along with Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Alanna Masterson, Danai Gurira and others for filming "The Walking Dead" Season 5, also shared how he managed to get into the "Mad Men" world.
"It was right after we wrapped The Walking Dead. I went back to Los Angeles and I kind of still had my mullet. I got the audition to go in and read for Matthew Weiner and the producers. Everyone else auditioning was wearing business suits and everyone looked like they belonged on Mad Men..." said Josh.
"It was a little intimidating to sit there looking at these people and just going, "Oh that guy's going to book it," and "Oh look at him, he looks perfect."... Then I went in and just started making jokes about my hair, and Matthew Weiner said he's a really big fan of The Walking Dead, and he was excited I was cast on that show. And, despite having the mullet, they picked me anyway," added the star.
He bagged two AMC shows - "The Walking Dead" and "Mad Men" and expressed his desire to work in "TURN" which is another show on the network.
Josh McDermitt's character Eugene and other survivors are stuck in Terminus at the end of "The Walking Dead" Season 4 finale episode.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 airs this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga