‘The Walking Dead’ Star Josh McDermitt Thinks [THIS] ‘Mad Men’ Character is Perfect in a Zombie Apocalypse
By Tarun Mazumdar | May 6, 2014 9:06 AM EST
"Mad Men" and "The Walking Dead" mix. It will be maddening to even imagine something as bizarre as copywriters going all nuts about killing the zombies and churning out copies in the zombie apocalypse era. Josh McDermitt (Dr. Eugene Porter) made an appearance in "Mad Men" Season 7, Episode 4 "The Monolith." He portrayed the character of George Payton in the "Mad Men" episode.
Josh McDermitt, who arrived in Atlanta along with other "The Walking Dead" stars, talked to AMC about advertising in the 60s and zombie apocalypse.
When asked which character would survive the zombie apocalypse, he stated that Pete Campbell would die first.
"I'll just say right away, Pete Campbell would be the first to die! I would think Peggy would fare best. If you've watched her character's trajectory throughout the entire series, she adapts and she changes, which is really what you would need to survive in a zombie apocalypse. It's not business as usual. You have to change the way you do things to figure out how you're going to survive... Although I'd love to have Roger there because he cracks me up," said Josh.
The actor, who is currently in Atlanta along with Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Alanna Masterson, Danai Gurira and others for filming "The Walking Dead" Season 5, also shared how he managed to get into the "Mad Men" world.
"It was right after we wrapped The Walking Dead. I went back to Los Angeles and I kind of still had my mullet. I got the audition to go in and read for Matthew Weiner and the producers. Everyone else auditioning was wearing business suits and everyone looked like they belonged on Mad Men..." said Josh.
"It was a little intimidating to sit there looking at these people and just going, "Oh that guy's going to book it," and "Oh look at him, he looks perfect."... Then I went in and just started making jokes about my hair, and Matthew Weiner said he's a really big fan of The Walking Dead, and he was excited I was cast on that show. And, despite having the mullet, they picked me anyway," added the star.
He bagged two AMC shows - "The Walking Dead" and "Mad Men" and expressed his desire to work in "TURN" which is another show on the network.
Josh McDermitt's character Eugene and other survivors are stuck in Terminus at the end of "The Walking Dead" Season 4 finale episode.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 airs this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter