‘The Walking Dead’ Star Josh McDermitt Thinks [THIS] ‘Mad Men’ Character is Perfect in a Zombie Apocalypse
By Tarun Mazumdar | May 6, 2014 9:06 AM EST
"Mad Men" and "The Walking Dead" mix. It will be maddening to even imagine something as bizarre as copywriters going all nuts about killing the zombies and churning out copies in the zombie apocalypse era. Josh McDermitt (Dr. Eugene Porter) made an appearance in "Mad Men" Season 7, Episode 4 "The Monolith." He portrayed the character of George Payton in the "Mad Men" episode.
Josh McDermitt, who arrived in Atlanta along with other "The Walking Dead" stars, talked to AMC about advertising in the 60s and zombie apocalypse.
When asked which character would survive the zombie apocalypse, he stated that Pete Campbell would die first.
"I'll just say right away, Pete Campbell would be the first to die! I would think Peggy would fare best. If you've watched her character's trajectory throughout the entire series, she adapts and she changes, which is really what you would need to survive in a zombie apocalypse. It's not business as usual. You have to change the way you do things to figure out how you're going to survive... Although I'd love to have Roger there because he cracks me up," said Josh.
The actor, who is currently in Atlanta along with Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Alanna Masterson, Danai Gurira and others for filming "The Walking Dead" Season 5, also shared how he managed to get into the "Mad Men" world.
"It was right after we wrapped The Walking Dead. I went back to Los Angeles and I kind of still had my mullet. I got the audition to go in and read for Matthew Weiner and the producers. Everyone else auditioning was wearing business suits and everyone looked like they belonged on Mad Men..." said Josh.
"It was a little intimidating to sit there looking at these people and just going, "Oh that guy's going to book it," and "Oh look at him, he looks perfect."... Then I went in and just started making jokes about my hair, and Matthew Weiner said he's a really big fan of The Walking Dead, and he was excited I was cast on that show. And, despite having the mullet, they picked me anyway," added the star.
He bagged two AMC shows - "The Walking Dead" and "Mad Men" and expressed his desire to work in "TURN" which is another show on the network.
Josh McDermitt's character Eugene and other survivors are stuck in Terminus at the end of "The Walking Dead" Season 4 finale episode.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 airs this October on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]