Commissioner of Taxation Chris Jordan Warns Employees Who Wear Too Sexy Clothes Will Be Sent Home to Change Attire
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 6, 2014 8:38 AM EST
Employees of the Australian Tax Office had been reminded by no less than Commissioner of Taxation Chris Jordan that they are not ramp models but public servants.
Jordan, according to reports, had ordered some personnel who were dressed to sexily to go home and change clothes. He had found some of the female workers wearing revealing or immodest clothes.
Male employees were neither spared because Jordan also took some of them to task for wearing board shorts and jandals in the office which he noted a beach get-up, not office attire.
To ensure there is no confusion on what is proper or improper office wear, Jordan issued smarten-up directives that spells in black-and-white how ATO workers should come to the office. According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Jordan's tough call was a culture shock for many ATO staff not used to managers having a direct say on what the 23,000 ATO personnel wear to work.
Some ATO staff link Jordan's strictness to his previous employment with accounting firm KPMG where corporate attire is a standard office get-up.
In admonishing the ATO employees to be better dressed, The Sydney Morning Herald quoted an email from ATO Service Delivery Chief Robert Ravanello that reminded the taxmen, "Our professionalism is displayed through our values and code of conduct, but also through our appearance and dress."
An ATO spokeswoman added, "We expect staff to exercise good judgment on what is appropriate to wear and if they are unsure we encourage them to ask their manager."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- New Zealand and China Decide to Boost Defence Ties
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Russian Govt Found Tinkering Wikipedia Crash Info
- Scientists Warn MERS Virus Could be Spread Airborne
- British PM Cameron Urges Tough Sanctions Against Russia
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales