New Zealand Warriors Star Konrad Hurrell 'Involved in Sex-Tape Scandal,' NRL Investigates
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 6, 2014 5:59 AM EST
New Zealand Warriors Player Konrad Hurrell was reportedly involved in a sex scandal which has taken the country's sports arena by storm.
The Integrity Unit of the National Rugby League (NRL) has started investigating the alleged involvement of the rugby star with TV actress Teuila Blakely. The sex tape was "discovered" on the net on May 4.
The sex tape was apparently watched by only a few hundred, most of them being teenagers. The video was soon taken down.
Fox Sports reported one of Hurrell's friends was suspected to have uploaded the video with no permission from the people involved in it. It was The Courier-Mail that broke the news for the first time. The video has been found on a page on Instagram named after a TV celebrity from New Zealand.
Blakely was quick to admit that the video, which was recorded a couple of months back, featured her along with Hurrell. The 39-year-old Kiwi TV star has a 22-year-old son, which Hurrell is also of the same age.
The actress was seen performing a sexual act on Hurrell while he was driving a car. "Yeah it was me," Blakely said. She said it was a private video between her and "Koni," which she fondly calls Hurrell.
She added that it was "a tape between two people who have a lot of fun together." Blakely said she was not Kim Kardashian.
NRL COO Jim Doyle confirmed the alleged matter was under investigation.
"All I am going to say is that I am aware of it," Doyle said.
He added they were "made aware" that there was "something there" but they were "following up on it" presently.
Wayne Scurrah, Chief Executive of the Warriors, said the Warriors would like to "establish facts first" in relation with the alleged involvement of Hurrell in the sex tape. The club is presently compiling a report on the alleged scandal.
Meanwhile, it has been rumored that Hurrell wants to leave the Warriors.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories