New Zealand Warriors Star Konrad Hurrell 'Involved in Sex-Tape Scandal,' NRL Investigates
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 6, 2014 5:59 AM EST
New Zealand Warriors Player Konrad Hurrell was reportedly involved in a sex scandal which has taken the country's sports arena by storm.
The Integrity Unit of the National Rugby League (NRL) has started investigating the alleged involvement of the rugby star with TV actress Teuila Blakely. The sex tape was "discovered" on the net on May 4.
The sex tape was apparently watched by only a few hundred, most of them being teenagers. The video was soon taken down.
Fox Sports reported one of Hurrell's friends was suspected to have uploaded the video with no permission from the people involved in it. It was The Courier-Mail that broke the news for the first time. The video has been found on a page on Instagram named after a TV celebrity from New Zealand.
Blakely was quick to admit that the video, which was recorded a couple of months back, featured her along with Hurrell. The 39-year-old Kiwi TV star has a 22-year-old son, which Hurrell is also of the same age.
The actress was seen performing a sexual act on Hurrell while he was driving a car. "Yeah it was me," Blakely said. She said it was a private video between her and "Koni," which she fondly calls Hurrell.
She added that it was "a tape between two people who have a lot of fun together." Blakely said she was not Kim Kardashian.
NRL COO Jim Doyle confirmed the alleged matter was under investigation.
"All I am going to say is that I am aware of it," Doyle said.
He added they were "made aware" that there was "something there" but they were "following up on it" presently.
Wayne Scurrah, Chief Executive of the Warriors, said the Warriors would like to "establish facts first" in relation with the alleged involvement of Hurrell in the sex tape. The club is presently compiling a report on the alleged scandal.
Meanwhile, it has been rumored that Hurrell wants to leave the Warriors.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop