Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Boss Intends to Sign Striker with 'Killer Instinct'
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 5, 2014 11:57 PM EST
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has learned a valuable lesson in the ongoing campaign, that is, the absence of a top striker can really make or break a title-contending season.
“We have to try to win as a team, to improve as a team, but also add the attacking player with that killer instinct and the number of goals that push teams to different levels.” - Jose Mourinho
The Portuguese tactician vows to take full advantage of the upcoming transfer window and bring in the missing piece to his puzzle.
"Against the teams that are more defensive, more aggressive, more worried about trying to keep a clean sheet than really to play, we keep saying the same," the former Real Madrid boss told Chelsea TV.
"We have good players, but we don't have the kind of striker able to, in a short space, to make an action, to score a goal, to open the gate."
"In these kind of matches you just need to open the gate. When you open the gate, the gate is open and you go on to win much more. We weren't able to do that."
"We have to try to win as a team, to improve as a team, but also add the attacking player with that killer instinct and the number of goals that push teams to different levels."
"It's something our club is going to try (to do), respecting obviously that we have good strikers."
The west Londoners, who are a point behind leaders Manchester City and Liverpool, have struggled to produce goals during crucial matches in the end stretch this term that may jeopardise their chances of winning the Premier League, while the same reason have caused them to be booted out of the semi-finals in the Champions League.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation