How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 to Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | May 5, 2014 10:32 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 can be revolutionised using Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware with design and user interface of Galaxy S5. Using Revolutionary S5, users can turn Galaxy S3 into the latest handset offered by Samsung.
Revolutionary S5 Custom ROM
Revolutionary S5 features most software offered by Galaxy S5 for Galaxy S3 such as UI sounds, ringtones, alarms, notifications, boot animation, boot sounds, default wallpaper, new TouchWiz, true Galaxy S5 icons, status bar, themes and widgets. Moreover, the custom ROM offers Galaxy S5 file manager, video player, SuperSU version 1.94 and BusyBox.
Warning: We are not responsible for any damages or errors that may occur on your Samsung Galaxy S3. The custom requires manual installation which will void the warranty and risks the chance of bricking. Read and follow the instructions carefully, do this at your own risk!
1. Create a manual backup of all data files and settings stored on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
2. Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during installation.
3. Root your Galaxy S3 smartphone then install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod recovery. Here are the links for updating the device to the stable Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and how to root the firmware.
4. Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
5. Download and install the necessary USB drivers on your computer for Galaxy S3.
6. Download the Revolutionary S5 custom ROM on your computer.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the Revolutionary S5 custom ROM package file to the external storage of your Galaxy S3. One of them is the firmware while the other is a package of Google applications.
3. Disconnect your smartphone then turn it off.
4. Reboot into Recovery mode by pressing and holding the Home, Power and Volume Up keys at the same time till the Samsung logo appears.
5. Inside the Recovery mode, create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM in case you want to revert back. Select "backup and restore > backup" to create a copy of the ROM which will be placed inside the microSD card.
6. Perform a complete wipe on your Galaxy S3. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Install the Revolutionary S5 custom ROM by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the custom ROM > confirm installation." Apply the same with the Google Apps package.
8. Once the installation has been completed, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now." It may take at least five minutes before the smartphone reaches the home screen.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy S3 has been upgraded to Android 4.4.2 KitKat with most functions and user interface of Galaxy S5.
If you have any comments or bug reports, send your feedback to the XDA official thread of Revolutionary S5 custom ROM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery