Thalaivar Rajinikanth Joins Twitter; Tweets his First Message
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 5, 2014 8:38 PM EST
Here is some super exciting news for Thalaivar fans.
Superstar Rajinikanth has joined the micro blogging site Twitter. The actor has partnered with Fluence, a celebrity digital network that will manage his presence on the social media platform.
The actor also tweeted his first message on his official verified twitter handle.
Salutation to the Lord. Vaṇakkam aṉaivarukkum !! A big thank you to all my fans. Excited on this digital journey http://t.co/79ea6MrDe3— Rajinikanth (@superstarrajini) May 5, 2014
The actor expressed his happiness in joining the site. In a press statement from Fluence, Rajinikanth said, "I have always believed that my career graph is a miracle, I owe my fans. I have been contemplating joining the social networking platform for a while to connect with, hear what they have to say and share my thoughts. Unfortunately, I never got around it till now, by partnering the Fluence I'm confident that I'm with the best team and best guide who will help me to connect with the audience."
The actor is also interested in catching up with the Rajini one liners on twitter. "I decided to join with Twitter because I felt that the platform is abuzz with all the news and trends that happen across the globe and I'm told this is where all the best Rajini one liners are," he said.
His twitter account has got more than 20,000 followers at the time of reporting this story and is likely to surge.
Ashish Joshi, VP Digital & Business Head - Fluence said in a statement, "We are thrilled to partner with the enigmatic Rajinikanth. The digital landscape is exploding and when you work with Thalaivar the possibilities are endless. Twitter is the first step in building and growing his online presence and getting all the fans out there to directly engage with the phenomenon that is Rajinikanth. We will work closely with him to broaden the horizons of the digital landscape to create interesting and entertaining consumer facing properties that will engage the fans in a way that only Rajini sir can."
Fluence is the company that also manages the digital life of many celebrities including Amitabh Bachchan and Salman Khan.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks