Thalaivar Rajinikanth Joins Twitter; Tweets his First Message
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 5, 2014 8:38 PM EST
Here is some super exciting news for Thalaivar fans.
Superstar Rajinikanth has joined the micro blogging site Twitter. The actor has partnered with Fluence, a celebrity digital network that will manage his presence on the social media platform.
The actor also tweeted his first message on his official verified twitter handle.
Salutation to the Lord. Vaṇakkam aṉaivarukkum !! A big thank you to all my fans. Excited on this digital journey http://t.co/79ea6MrDe3— Rajinikanth (@superstarrajini) May 5, 2014
The actor expressed his happiness in joining the site. In a press statement from Fluence, Rajinikanth said, "I have always believed that my career graph is a miracle, I owe my fans. I have been contemplating joining the social networking platform for a while to connect with, hear what they have to say and share my thoughts. Unfortunately, I never got around it till now, by partnering the Fluence I'm confident that I'm with the best team and best guide who will help me to connect with the audience."
The actor is also interested in catching up with the Rajini one liners on twitter. "I decided to join with Twitter because I felt that the platform is abuzz with all the news and trends that happen across the globe and I'm told this is where all the best Rajini one liners are," he said.
His twitter account has got more than 20,000 followers at the time of reporting this story and is likely to surge.
Ashish Joshi, VP Digital & Business Head - Fluence said in a statement, "We are thrilled to partner with the enigmatic Rajinikanth. The digital landscape is exploding and when you work with Thalaivar the possibilities are endless. Twitter is the first step in building and growing his online presence and getting all the fans out there to directly engage with the phenomenon that is Rajinikanth. We will work closely with him to broaden the horizons of the digital landscape to create interesting and entertaining consumer facing properties that will engage the fans in a way that only Rajini sir can."
Fluence is the company that also manages the digital life of many celebrities including Amitabh Bachchan and Salman Khan.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]