Install Android v4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM to Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 [Tutorial]
By Rohit KVN | May 5, 2014 8:27 PM EST
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
It has to be noted that Android v4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM can only be installed on Samsung Galaxy Ace model number S5830 and the new custom firmware comes with almost all the goodies like enhanced UI, immersive display mode, smarter caller ID, more organized message grouping, quick access to settings and more seen inside the top-end phones which recently got updated with the latest Android software.
Pre-requisite (things to remember before the installation of custom ROM in the smartphone):
- Though custom ROM gives unrestricted powers (options) to the device, once installed, the smartphone company's warranty stands void and will no longer be liable for future updates [warranty can be restored simply by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- This Android v4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 (aka CM11) Custom ROM is for Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 only.
- Rooting of devices leads to complete data wipe-out, so be sure to make a Nandroid back-up of all your personal data. [Note: This procedure will create mirror image of all the setting options and applications installed in the phone prior to custom ROM installation]
- Users' device must be rooted and must have installed ClockworkMod Recovery and Google Apps tools.
- Remember to wipe Dalvik Cache clear before proceeding to ClockworkMod recovery mode.
- Users make sure you have installed USB drivers on the PC to connect your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 (users can download here)
- Make sure your device has more than 80-percent battery charge.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting of Android devices. If the step-by-step custom ROM installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or may even lead to the device being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if smartphones get bricked. Hence users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Android v4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM Installation Tutorial:
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 to your PC via USB chord.
Step 3: Then, place the .zip files of Android v4.4.2 Custom ROM and the Google Apps into the phone's SD card memory. [User are advised to copy/paste the .zip files in SD card root, not in any other folder]
Step 4: Turn-off the device and disconnect the device from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular ClockworkMod Recovery sortie, by press holding 'volume (up)', 'home' and 'power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering ClockworkMod Recovery mode, then perform full data wipe, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options, while operating under Recovery mode]
Step 7: Now, empty the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or other errors during installation]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 4.4.2 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the procedure for Gaaps (Google Apps) .zip file as well [Note: use volume keys to navigate and power button to select options]
Step 11: Once the installation is completed, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-boot the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830) would take minimum five minutes to complete booting process.
Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of Android v4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 (aka CM11) Custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports