From Ajith to Vijay: Actors and their Rumoured Character Names in Upcoming Projects
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 5, 2014 8:14 PM EST
The superstars of Tamil cinema including Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan, Ajith, Vijay and Suriya are now busy with their current projects.
Rajinikanth is working in KS Ravi Kumar's "Lingaa," while Kamal Haasan is busy with Ramesh Aravind's "Uttama Villain." Ajith will be seen in Gautham Menon's "Thala 55," Vijay in AR Murugadoss's "Kaththi" and Suriya in Lingusamy's "Anjaan."
All these films are among the most-awaited projects of 2014 and there have been a lot of speculations doing the rounds about these films.
Latest buzz is about the character names played by the superstars in their respective projects.
Sometime ago, director Gautham Menon had hinted that the name of Ajith's character could be the title of the film.
Rumours are doing the rounds that Ajith's character name will be called Sathyadev in "Thala 55." There is a possibility that the film's title could also be the same.
However, there is no official confirmation in this regard. Details about the film's title are still awaited.
Vijay is doing a dual role in Murugadoss's film "Kaththi." It is being said that the actor will be playing both the protagonist and the antagonist in the film.
There are reports claiming that Vijay's character names in the film are Aravind and Andrew. While Aravind is a detective based in Kolkata, Andrew is the baddie. Samantha's character name will be Veni and she plays the love interest of Aravind, reports Indiaglitz.
But, an official word on the character names of the actors is yet to be out.
It seems Suriya's character name in "Anjaan" is Raju Bhai. Earlier, there were reports that the Lingusamy directorial will be titled as "Raju Bhai." But, the director confirmed "Anjaan" as the film's name. However, it appears that Suriya will be called Raju Bhai in the film.
Superstar Rajinikanth will reportedly be playing a dual role in the KS Ravi Kumar directorial. It seems, one of the actor's character names in the film will be Lingaa. Ravi Kumar had put out a poster on his official Facebook page announcing the film with a message, "Superstar Rajinikanth in and as Lingaa." This suggests that the actor will be called Lingaa in the film.
It is officially confirmed that Kamal Haasan will be doing double roles in "Uttama Villain," directed by Ramesh Aravind. One character name is called Uttaman (8th century drama actor) and the other name is Manoranjan (21st century cinema superstar.
Image credit: Facebook/ Veeram
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast