From Ajith to Vijay: Actors and their Rumoured Character Names in Upcoming Projects
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 5, 2014 8:14 PM EST
The superstars of Tamil cinema including Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan, Ajith, Vijay and Suriya are now busy with their current projects.
Rajinikanth is working in KS Ravi Kumar's "Lingaa," while Kamal Haasan is busy with Ramesh Aravind's "Uttama Villain." Ajith will be seen in Gautham Menon's "Thala 55," Vijay in AR Murugadoss's "Kaththi" and Suriya in Lingusamy's "Anjaan."
All these films are among the most-awaited projects of 2014 and there have been a lot of speculations doing the rounds about these films.
Latest buzz is about the character names played by the superstars in their respective projects.
Sometime ago, director Gautham Menon had hinted that the name of Ajith's character could be the title of the film.
Rumours are doing the rounds that Ajith's character name will be called Sathyadev in "Thala 55." There is a possibility that the film's title could also be the same.
However, there is no official confirmation in this regard. Details about the film's title are still awaited.
Vijay is doing a dual role in Murugadoss's film "Kaththi." It is being said that the actor will be playing both the protagonist and the antagonist in the film.
There are reports claiming that Vijay's character names in the film are Aravind and Andrew. While Aravind is a detective based in Kolkata, Andrew is the baddie. Samantha's character name will be Veni and she plays the love interest of Aravind, reports Indiaglitz.
But, an official word on the character names of the actors is yet to be out.
It seems Suriya's character name in "Anjaan" is Raju Bhai. Earlier, there were reports that the Lingusamy directorial will be titled as "Raju Bhai." But, the director confirmed "Anjaan" as the film's name. However, it appears that Suriya will be called Raju Bhai in the film.
Superstar Rajinikanth will reportedly be playing a dual role in the KS Ravi Kumar directorial. It seems, one of the actor's character names in the film will be Lingaa. Ravi Kumar had put out a poster on his official Facebook page announcing the film with a message, "Superstar Rajinikanth in and as Lingaa." This suggests that the actor will be called Lingaa in the film.
It is officially confirmed that Kamal Haasan will be doing double roles in "Uttama Villain," directed by Ramesh Aravind. One character name is called Uttaman (8th century drama actor) and the other name is Manoranjan (21st century cinema superstar.
Image credit: Facebook/ Veeram
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga