From Ajith to Vijay: Actors and their Rumoured Character Names in Upcoming Projects
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 5, 2014 8:14 PM EST
The superstars of Tamil cinema including Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan, Ajith, Vijay and Suriya are now busy with their current projects.
Rajinikanth is working in KS Ravi Kumar's "Lingaa," while Kamal Haasan is busy with Ramesh Aravind's "Uttama Villain." Ajith will be seen in Gautham Menon's "Thala 55," Vijay in AR Murugadoss's "Kaththi" and Suriya in Lingusamy's "Anjaan."
All these films are among the most-awaited projects of 2014 and there have been a lot of speculations doing the rounds about these films.
Latest buzz is about the character names played by the superstars in their respective projects.
Sometime ago, director Gautham Menon had hinted that the name of Ajith's character could be the title of the film.
Rumours are doing the rounds that Ajith's character name will be called Sathyadev in "Thala 55." There is a possibility that the film's title could also be the same.
However, there is no official confirmation in this regard. Details about the film's title are still awaited.
Vijay is doing a dual role in Murugadoss's film "Kaththi." It is being said that the actor will be playing both the protagonist and the antagonist in the film.
There are reports claiming that Vijay's character names in the film are Aravind and Andrew. While Aravind is a detective based in Kolkata, Andrew is the baddie. Samantha's character name will be Veni and she plays the love interest of Aravind, reports Indiaglitz.
But, an official word on the character names of the actors is yet to be out.
It seems Suriya's character name in "Anjaan" is Raju Bhai. Earlier, there were reports that the Lingusamy directorial will be titled as "Raju Bhai." But, the director confirmed "Anjaan" as the film's name. However, it appears that Suriya will be called Raju Bhai in the film.
Superstar Rajinikanth will reportedly be playing a dual role in the KS Ravi Kumar directorial. It seems, one of the actor's character names in the film will be Lingaa. Ravi Kumar had put out a poster on his official Facebook page announcing the film with a message, "Superstar Rajinikanth in and as Lingaa." This suggests that the actor will be called Lingaa in the film.
It is officially confirmed that Kamal Haasan will be doing double roles in "Uttama Villain," directed by Ramesh Aravind. One character name is called Uttaman (8th century drama actor) and the other name is Manoranjan (21st century cinema superstar.
Image credit: Facebook/ Veeram
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories