‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Spoilers: Don Gets to Work in Episode 4, ‘The Monolith’
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 5, 2014 7:51 PM EST
Freddy turns out to be the voice of reason in "Mad Men" Season 7 Episode 4, titled "The Monolith." In the previous episode, Don Draper was allowed to return to SC&P on a number of stipulations. One of them is not drinking inside the office, and he breaks that rule in this episode after being treated as a junior by Peggy and made to feel like an outsider in the firm that he once helped build.
Pete brings the account of Burger Chef on the table. Ted suggests Peggy's name to come-up with an advertising pitch to win the client. Pete, however, is not confident about Peggy's skills and suggests that Don be part of the team, as well. Lou wants to keep Don on the sidelines, and thus he gives Peggy a weekly raise and the Burger Chef account. Don is supposed to work as part of Peggy's team.
Peggy resists knocking at Don's door and tells her secretary to ask him to come to her office. Don obliges only to find that she expects him to write 25 tags for the campaign and there is a deadline. He does not write them and also does not attend the second round of meeting in Peggy's office.
The SC&P is getting a computer and the firm has turned upside-down because of that. Don foresees a potential client and a booming computer business when the person who is deploying the computer gets talking to him about advertising. When Don tells Cooper that they could tap into this market which is set to explode and about the potential client, Cooper is not interested and snubs Don, reminding him about the stipulations.
It is the final straw and Don breaks the rule and sneaks a bottle out of Roger's office and gets drunk. He calls-up Freddie and the two head to a game of Mets. Post-game, Freddy drops a completely sloshed Don back at his place. In the morning, Don wakes-up to find Freddy offering him a cup of coffee and some piece of advice.
Freddy tells Don to do the work, after asking if he is just going to kill himself and give them what they want, or, he is going to go to his bedroom, get in uniform, fix his bayonet and hit the parade.
Don is back at work. Peggy finds him typing and is surprised to hear that he plans to deliver the 25 tags by lunch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate