Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Boss Lining Up £20million Bid for Swansea Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 5, 2014 7:51 PM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is reported to be lining-up a £20million bid for Swansea City striker Wilfried Bony this summer.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is reported to be lining up a £20million move for Swansea striker Wilfried Bony this summer
The Ivory Coast international will be expected to take some workload off Gunners' first-choice forward Olivier Giroud, with reserves Lukas Podolski and Nicklas Bendtner making their way through the exit in the coming transfer window, should a deal come to fruition.
He has been splendid for the Swans in his current debut campaign, finding the back of the net 25 times, while also having a hand, or should I say foot, in 7 of his teammates' goals.
Despite Bony's efforts, the Welsh club, who are currently placed 13th on the Premier League table with a game left to play, have failed to meet expectations this season and qualify for Europe.
The hitman is understood to be looking to compete at a higher level, having proved that he can be a regular and key fixture in England's top-flight as well as in the Europa League.
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies