Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Boss Lining Up £20million Bid for Swansea Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 5, 2014 7:51 PM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is reported to be lining-up a £20million bid for Swansea City striker Wilfried Bony this summer.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is reported to be lining up a £20million move for Swansea striker Wilfried Bony this summer
The Ivory Coast international will be expected to take some workload off Gunners' first-choice forward Olivier Giroud, with reserves Lukas Podolski and Nicklas Bendtner making their way through the exit in the coming transfer window, should a deal come to fruition.
He has been splendid for the Swans in his current debut campaign, finding the back of the net 25 times, while also having a hand, or should I say foot, in 7 of his teammates' goals.
Despite Bony's efforts, the Welsh club, who are currently placed 13th on the Premier League table with a game left to play, have failed to meet expectations this season and qualify for Europe.
The hitman is understood to be looking to compete at a higher level, having proved that he can be a regular and key fixture in England's top-flight as well as in the Europa League.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More