‘Scandal’ Season 4: Is Jerry’s Sneeze Contagious?
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 5, 2014 7:50 PM EST
"Scandal" Season 3 wrapped-up with multiple cliff-hangers, including that of Olivia and Jake on a plane heading to an undisclosed location. The shocker of the finale was the killing of Jerry Jr. He was infected with a strain of bacterial meningitis, and died because of that. There were speculations that another major character may have been infected, as well, and "Scandal" Season 4 is likely to deal with that.
Meningitis is highly contagious and Jerry Jr. sneezed before he collapsed. Mellie was standing beside her son and was the first to notice him coughing. She held Jerry when he collapsed while trying to draw the attention of Fitz. If "Scandal" was not fiction and real life drama, Mellie and Fitz would have been kept under-observation and given shots.
When Yahoo TV asked Bellamy Young, who plays Mellie, if anyone should be worried about Mellie's heath, as meningitis is commonly passed through sneezing on someone, the actress said that she was not aware about that as she does not use Google to dig-up information on medicine related stuff.
"Oh no, I didn't... I don't Google things about medicine on the Internet because I get myself all worked up. But now I'll be all worked up! I don't know! He did, he sneezed all over me, there was blood all over my blazer... now I'm terrified," Young said to Yahoo TV.
The second installment of "Scandal" Season 3 featured Andrew and Mellie's steamy relationship and its abrupt end. Young does not think that there was a closure when it comes to Mellie and Andrew's relationship.
When asked if she feels there was a closure, Young said, "No, I don't! And I hope that's good -- I hope that's still a question mark. Who knows..."
Meanwhile, Columbus Short, who plays Harrison, has confirmed that he will be not returning to "Scandal" for Season 4. In Season 3 finale, Harrison figures out that Rowan had ordered the killing of Jerry Jr., and not Mom Pope. Harrison's scene ended with Tom pointing a gun at him. It was not shown whether Tom shot at him, or not. With Short's exit from the show, it can be assumed that Tom shot at Harrison and put an end to his life.
ABC has yet to announce that it has renewed "Scandal" for Season 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness