‘Scandal’ Season 4: Is Jerry’s Sneeze Contagious?
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 5, 2014 7:50 PM EST
"Scandal" Season 3 wrapped-up with multiple cliff-hangers, including that of Olivia and Jake on a plane heading to an undisclosed location. The shocker of the finale was the killing of Jerry Jr. He was infected with a strain of bacterial meningitis, and died because of that. There were speculations that another major character may have been infected, as well, and "Scandal" Season 4 is likely to deal with that.
Meningitis is highly contagious and Jerry Jr. sneezed before he collapsed. Mellie was standing beside her son and was the first to notice him coughing. She held Jerry when he collapsed while trying to draw the attention of Fitz. If "Scandal" was not fiction and real life drama, Mellie and Fitz would have been kept under-observation and given shots.
When Yahoo TV asked Bellamy Young, who plays Mellie, if anyone should be worried about Mellie's heath, as meningitis is commonly passed through sneezing on someone, the actress said that she was not aware about that as she does not use Google to dig-up information on medicine related stuff.
"Oh no, I didn't... I don't Google things about medicine on the Internet because I get myself all worked up. But now I'll be all worked up! I don't know! He did, he sneezed all over me, there was blood all over my blazer... now I'm terrified," Young said to Yahoo TV.
The second installment of "Scandal" Season 3 featured Andrew and Mellie's steamy relationship and its abrupt end. Young does not think that there was a closure when it comes to Mellie and Andrew's relationship.
When asked if she feels there was a closure, Young said, "No, I don't! And I hope that's good -- I hope that's still a question mark. Who knows..."
Meanwhile, Columbus Short, who plays Harrison, has confirmed that he will be not returning to "Scandal" for Season 4. In Season 3 finale, Harrison figures out that Rowan had ordered the killing of Jerry Jr., and not Mom Pope. Harrison's scene ended with Tom pointing a gun at him. It was not shown whether Tom shot at him, or not. With Short's exit from the show, it can be assumed that Tom shot at Harrison and put an end to his life.
ABC has yet to announce that it has renewed "Scandal" for Season 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air