‘Scandal’ Season 4: Is Jerry’s Sneeze Contagious?
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 5, 2014 7:50 PM EST
"Scandal" Season 3 wrapped-up with multiple cliff-hangers, including that of Olivia and Jake on a plane heading to an undisclosed location. The shocker of the finale was the killing of Jerry Jr. He was infected with a strain of bacterial meningitis, and died because of that. There were speculations that another major character may have been infected, as well, and "Scandal" Season 4 is likely to deal with that.
Meningitis is highly contagious and Jerry Jr. sneezed before he collapsed. Mellie was standing beside her son and was the first to notice him coughing. She held Jerry when he collapsed while trying to draw the attention of Fitz. If "Scandal" was not fiction and real life drama, Mellie and Fitz would have been kept under-observation and given shots.
When Yahoo TV asked Bellamy Young, who plays Mellie, if anyone should be worried about Mellie's heath, as meningitis is commonly passed through sneezing on someone, the actress said that she was not aware about that as she does not use Google to dig-up information on medicine related stuff.
"Oh no, I didn't... I don't Google things about medicine on the Internet because I get myself all worked up. But now I'll be all worked up! I don't know! He did, he sneezed all over me, there was blood all over my blazer... now I'm terrified," Young said to Yahoo TV.
The second installment of "Scandal" Season 3 featured Andrew and Mellie's steamy relationship and its abrupt end. Young does not think that there was a closure when it comes to Mellie and Andrew's relationship.
When asked if she feels there was a closure, Young said, "No, I don't! And I hope that's good -- I hope that's still a question mark. Who knows..."
Meanwhile, Columbus Short, who plays Harrison, has confirmed that he will be not returning to "Scandal" for Season 4. In Season 3 finale, Harrison figures out that Rowan had ordered the killing of Jerry Jr., and not Mom Pope. Harrison's scene ended with Tom pointing a gun at him. It was not shown whether Tom shot at him, or not. With Short's exit from the show, it can be assumed that Tom shot at Harrison and put an end to his life.
ABC has yet to announce that it has renewed "Scandal" for Season 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown