Xbox One Adds System Update that Improves Kinect Voice Commands and Adds Sound Mixer
By Aditya Bhat | May 5, 2014 7:33 PM EST
Xbox One users will be receiving a new system update from its makers, Microsoft that will add a new sound mixer and audio controls for the next-generation video game console. These features will better the sound recognition in the console.
Xbox One was released on 22 November, 2013.
Following the feedback from users, Microsoft's Major Nelson announced via his official blog that the company has added "more control over audio levels and background sound." He explained that two new features have been added that will help users in controlling audio. The first one is:
- Sound Mixer - This feature will allow users to control the sound levels of two apps at once when the user is using Snap functionality. It lets you come to conclusion on which app is louder.
- Users will also be able to adjust the levels of volume when using Kinect for chatting.
In order to better the Kinect voice commands, Microsoft has added opt-in features, which will improve the voice and speech in Kinect by having a collection of speed data from the user. However, this is an optional feature where the users must go to Settings> Privacy & Online Safety> Customizing privacy and online safety> Share Voice Data to Allow. Users provide their voice samples that will be put into the algorithms allowing the console to be more responsive to the voice. It was also promised that the voice data from the console will only be used for the improvement of the product.
Another new addition will be setting the next update according to time and date which means, the user will have a choice of when they want to update the console. Users will find this new option under Settings> System update.
Though this update will be rolling out to Xbox One users in May, the exact release date has not been announced. However, if users are part of Microsoft's early access program, they will be getting the update sooner and based on their feedback will the company release the system update for the console.
Image credit: Facebook
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase