Xbox One Adds System Update that Improves Kinect Voice Commands and Adds Sound Mixer
By Aditya Bhat | May 5, 2014 7:33 PM EST
Xbox One users will be receiving a new system update from its makers, Microsoft that will add a new sound mixer and audio controls for the next-generation video game console. These features will better the sound recognition in the console.
Xbox One was released on 22 November, 2013.
Following the feedback from users, Microsoft's Major Nelson announced via his official blog that the company has added "more control over audio levels and background sound." He explained that two new features have been added that will help users in controlling audio. The first one is:
- Sound Mixer - This feature will allow users to control the sound levels of two apps at once when the user is using Snap functionality. It lets you come to conclusion on which app is louder.
- Users will also be able to adjust the levels of volume when using Kinect for chatting.
In order to better the Kinect voice commands, Microsoft has added opt-in features, which will improve the voice and speech in Kinect by having a collection of speed data from the user. However, this is an optional feature where the users must go to Settings> Privacy & Online Safety> Customizing privacy and online safety> Share Voice Data to Allow. Users provide their voice samples that will be put into the algorithms allowing the console to be more responsive to the voice. It was also promised that the voice data from the console will only be used for the improvement of the product.
Another new addition will be setting the next update according to time and date which means, the user will have a choice of when they want to update the console. Users will find this new option under Settings> System update.
Though this update will be rolling out to Xbox One users in May, the exact release date has not been announced. However, if users are part of Microsoft's early access program, they will be getting the update sooner and based on their feedback will the company release the system update for the console.
Image credit: Facebook
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown