Xbox One Adds System Update that Improves Kinect Voice Commands and Adds Sound Mixer
By Aditya Bhat | May 5, 2014 7:33 PM EST
Xbox One users will be receiving a new system update from its makers, Microsoft that will add a new sound mixer and audio controls for the next-generation video game console. These features will better the sound recognition in the console.
Xbox One was released on 22 November, 2013.
Following the feedback from users, Microsoft's Major Nelson announced via his official blog that the company has added "more control over audio levels and background sound." He explained that two new features have been added that will help users in controlling audio. The first one is:
- Sound Mixer - This feature will allow users to control the sound levels of two apps at once when the user is using Snap functionality. It lets you come to conclusion on which app is louder.
- Users will also be able to adjust the levels of volume when using Kinect for chatting.
In order to better the Kinect voice commands, Microsoft has added opt-in features, which will improve the voice and speech in Kinect by having a collection of speed data from the user. However, this is an optional feature where the users must go to Settings> Privacy & Online Safety> Customizing privacy and online safety> Share Voice Data to Allow. Users provide their voice samples that will be put into the algorithms allowing the console to be more responsive to the voice. It was also promised that the voice data from the console will only be used for the improvement of the product.
Another new addition will be setting the next update according to time and date which means, the user will have a choice of when they want to update the console. Users will find this new option under Settings> System update.
Though this update will be rolling out to Xbox One users in May, the exact release date has not been announced. However, if users are part of Microsoft's early access program, they will be getting the update sooner and based on their feedback will the company release the system update for the console.
Image credit: Facebook
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 1520: How to Downgrade to Get Lumia Cyan Update for Preview for Developers
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- HTC One M8: Red and Pink Colour Choices Confirmed in the UK, Pre-Orders on Android Smartphone Now Available with Free Dot View Case
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide