Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Winger 'Ready' to Head for Barcelona
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 5, 2014 6:37 PM EST
Chelsea winger Eden Hazard is reported to be "ready" to leave Stamford Bridge and head for FC Barcelona this summer.
The Belgian international revealed his desire to move to the Catalan club to a close friend following a clash between him and Blues manager Jose Mourinho after they were booted out of the Champions League semi-finals by Atletico Madrid, according to Spanish news agency Mundo Deportivo.
“If you want me, I am ready.” - Chelsea's Eden Hazard on possible Barcelona move.
The 23-year-old questioned the Portuguese mentor's tactics, which heavily relied on counterattacks and failed to maximise the squad's potential by initiating attacks, while the latter accused Hazard of a lack of commitment and work-rate on the defensive end.
"If you want me, I am ready," the former Lille man was suggested to have told a trusted acquaintance in the Nou Camp.
The PFA Young Player of the Year 2013/14 winner is having a tremendous season at west London, tallying 17 goals and 10 assists in all competitions, attracting top clubs like Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain.
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks