Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Winger 'Ready' to Head for Barcelona
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 5, 2014 6:37 PM EST
Chelsea winger Eden Hazard is reported to be "ready" to leave Stamford Bridge and head for FC Barcelona this summer.
The Belgian international revealed his desire to move to the Catalan club to a close friend following a clash between him and Blues manager Jose Mourinho after they were booted out of the Champions League semi-finals by Atletico Madrid, according to Spanish news agency Mundo Deportivo.
“If you want me, I am ready.” - Chelsea's Eden Hazard on possible Barcelona move.
The 23-year-old questioned the Portuguese mentor's tactics, which heavily relied on counterattacks and failed to maximise the squad's potential by initiating attacks, while the latter accused Hazard of a lack of commitment and work-rate on the defensive end.
"If you want me, I am ready," the former Lille man was suggested to have told a trusted acquaintance in the Nou Camp.
The PFA Young Player of the Year 2013/14 winner is having a tremendous season at west London, tallying 17 goals and 10 assists in all competitions, attracting top clubs like Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain.
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider