Toyota Etios Cross Tipped to Debut in India on 9 May; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | May 5, 2014 6:30 PM EST
Toyota Etios Cross, a crossover which was first seen at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 is reportedly set to make its India debut on 9 May, according to Auto NDTV. The car which was spotted on test in India numerous times is the restyled version of the Toyota Etios Liva hatchback and will draw its power from the same 1.4 liter, 68 bhp diesel engine or the 1.5 liter, 89 bhp petrol engine.
The car flaunts sportier look and is expected to pack 2-DIN audio system with aux, Bluetooth and USB compatibility and steering mounted audio controls. On the coactivity front, the Toyota's new crossover is likely to offer ABS, EBD and dual front airbags.
The overhauled Etios Cross is also speculated to come with features like a new front bumper and diamond cut 10-spoke alloy wheels. The vehicle will be pitted against the Volkswagen Polo Cross and Fiat Punto Cross in the domestic market.
Though the pricing of the Etios Cross is yet to be known, rumours are rife that the car will be priced above Liva. According to NDTV, the vehicle will come with a price tag starting at 5.5-6 lakh.
In India, Toyota has been witnessing plunge in its sales for the past couple of months. The company reported a decline of 20.35 percent for the month of April, against the 10,456 units sold in April last year.
The domestic sales of the company stood at 7,562 units in April 2014, when compared to 9,007 units in April 2013. In March 2014 also Toyota Kirloskar Motor posted a decline in its sales. The company recorded 9,160 units in March 2014 compared to 21,143 units in March 2013.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage