Toyota Etios Cross Tipped to Debut in India on 9 May; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | May 5, 2014 6:30 PM EST
Toyota Etios Cross, a crossover which was first seen at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 is reportedly set to make its India debut on 9 May, according to Auto NDTV. The car which was spotted on test in India numerous times is the restyled version of the Toyota Etios Liva hatchback and will draw its power from the same 1.4 liter, 68 bhp diesel engine or the 1.5 liter, 89 bhp petrol engine.
The car flaunts sportier look and is expected to pack 2-DIN audio system with aux, Bluetooth and USB compatibility and steering mounted audio controls. On the coactivity front, the Toyota's new crossover is likely to offer ABS, EBD and dual front airbags.
The overhauled Etios Cross is also speculated to come with features like a new front bumper and diamond cut 10-spoke alloy wheels. The vehicle will be pitted against the Volkswagen Polo Cross and Fiat Punto Cross in the domestic market.
Though the pricing of the Etios Cross is yet to be known, rumours are rife that the car will be priced above Liva. According to NDTV, the vehicle will come with a price tag starting at 5.5-6 lakh.
In India, Toyota has been witnessing plunge in its sales for the past couple of months. The company reported a decline of 20.35 percent for the month of April, against the 10,456 units sold in April last year.
The domestic sales of the company stood at 7,562 units in April 2014, when compared to 9,007 units in April 2013. In March 2014 also Toyota Kirloskar Motor posted a decline in its sales. The company recorded 9,160 units in March 2014 compared to 21,143 units in March 2013.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pizza Hut Australia Sorry for Victoria Branch’s ‘Free Small Animal’ Campaign
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS