Toyota Etios Cross Tipped to Debut in India on 9 May; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | May 5, 2014 6:30 PM EST
Toyota Etios Cross, a crossover which was first seen at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 is reportedly set to make its India debut on 9 May, according to Auto NDTV. The car which was spotted on test in India numerous times is the restyled version of the Toyota Etios Liva hatchback and will draw its power from the same 1.4 liter, 68 bhp diesel engine or the 1.5 liter, 89 bhp petrol engine.
The car flaunts sportier look and is expected to pack 2-DIN audio system with aux, Bluetooth and USB compatibility and steering mounted audio controls. On the coactivity front, the Toyota's new crossover is likely to offer ABS, EBD and dual front airbags.
The overhauled Etios Cross is also speculated to come with features like a new front bumper and diamond cut 10-spoke alloy wheels. The vehicle will be pitted against the Volkswagen Polo Cross and Fiat Punto Cross in the domestic market.
Though the pricing of the Etios Cross is yet to be known, rumours are rife that the car will be priced above Liva. According to NDTV, the vehicle will come with a price tag starting at 5.5-6 lakh.
In India, Toyota has been witnessing plunge in its sales for the past couple of months. The company reported a decline of 20.35 percent for the month of April, against the 10,456 units sold in April last year.
The domestic sales of the company stood at 7,562 units in April 2014, when compared to 9,007 units in April 2013. In March 2014 also Toyota Kirloskar Motor posted a decline in its sales. The company recorded 9,160 units in March 2014 compared to 21,143 units in March 2013.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report