Painting by Girl Killed in Syria School Bombing Presents Dark Side of War
By Johnlee Varghese | May 5, 2014 6:25 PM EST
A painting by a schoolgirl, who was reportedly killed in the Syrian elementary school bombing, has surfaced on the web. The child was reportedly killed in the bombing after she drew the picture, which shows a young girl with a ponytail defying the bullets of a soldier, while she looks on to another soldier holding a man's severed head.
A painting by elementary school girl Noran, who was reportedly killed in the Syria school bombing on April 30.
The painting was posted online by Dr Annie Sparrow, a critical care pediatrician and aid worker. Dr Sparrow stated that the picture was drawn by a young girl named Noran on Syria slaughter hours, before the government airstrike bombed her school, and she was killed.
According to multiple media reports, over 20 children were killed after the government forces dropped barrel bombs on an elementary school in an opposition-held area of Aleppo, the country's largest city.
The elementary school, at the time of the bombing, was preparing for a children's artwork exhibition. But hours before the exhibit was to open, the Syrian government aircraft bombarded the school.
The other side of the painting by the young girl shows a man's skeleton standing on a chair, while blood and human skulls lie scattered around him on the floor. The picture, bringing out the struggle for power, also shows the Syrian flag fixed on a pile bodies, all in red.
Though several people raised questions on the authenticity of the picture, Dr Sparrow confirmed that the picture was painted by Noran.
In a tweet post, she stated:
In the last three years of the armed conflict, thousands of Syrian children have died. The unrest, which began as an uprising against President Bashar al-Assad's rule, has now become a civil war, in which more than 150,000 people have died and millions have been displaced.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS