Singer Chinmayi Weds Actor Rahul Ravindran; Celebrities, Fans Tweet Wishes
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 5, 2014 6:22 PM EST
Noted singer Chinmayi has married actor Rahul Ravindran.
The couple was officially engaged on 4 May and their wedding took place on 5 May in Chennai. Chinmayi looked beautiful in a traditional kanchivaram saree and Rahul wore a dhoti and shirt for the special occasion. The wedding was held in a traditional manner in the presence of family members and friends.
Chinmayi (Facebook/Chinmayi Sripada)
And I am the married. pic.twitter.com/tHeC1HXFBQ— Chinmayi Sripaada (@Chinmayi) May 5, 2014
Officially engaged. :) pic.twitter.com/TeWkSYOQhm— Chinmayi Sripaada (@Chinmayi) May 4, 2014
The couple wanted the marriage to be a low profile affair and had also requested their guests not to give gifts. Instead they were requested to donate the money to the 17,000 ft Foundation, a charity organization in Ladakh.
Chinmayi is known for her popular songs including "Vaarayo Vaarayo" from "Aadhavan", "Titli" from "Chennai Express", "Sahana" from "Shivaji" and "Idhayam" from "Kochadaiiyaan." She also works as a voice-over artiste and has dubbed for popular actors including Samantha and Sameera Reddy. On the other hand, Rahul Ravindran is an actor who has starred in films such as "Moscowin Kavery" (2010) and "Vanakkam Chennai" (2013).
Many celebrities have conveyed their wishes to the couple through twitter.
Vedikha: @Chinmayi congrats Chinmayi . Wish u a very happy married life.
Sundeep Kishan: "Pelli Pustakam :) @23_rahulr (Best friend) weds @Chinmayi (Odina)..suddenly I m starting to feel all emotional :D"
Nikesha Patel: "Congrats @23_rahulr and chinmayi for the engagement! All the very best! Sorry cudnt make it to the wedding."
Vennela Kishore: "Congratulations @23_rahulr @Chinmayi .... Chinmayi garu, maa rahul ni baga choosukondi!! Ippatnunchi meede baadhyata."
Entertainment Industry Tracker Sreedhar Pillai: "Congratulations 2 @23_rahulr & @Chinmayi . U make a fine pair."
Vijay Yesudas: "@Chinmayi congratulations -today you are breaking many guy's hearts- god bless-sorry none of us could be there - have a great celebration."
Janani Iyer: "@Chinmayi Congrats..happy married life:) both of u look so lovely together!"
Photo Credit: Facebook/Chinmayi Sripada
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June