Singer Chinmayi Weds Actor Rahul Ravindran; Celebrities, Fans Tweet Wishes
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 5, 2014 6:22 PM EST
Noted singer Chinmayi has married actor Rahul Ravindran.
The couple was officially engaged on 4 May and their wedding took place on 5 May in Chennai. Chinmayi looked beautiful in a traditional kanchivaram saree and Rahul wore a dhoti and shirt for the special occasion. The wedding was held in a traditional manner in the presence of family members and friends.
Chinmayi (Facebook/Chinmayi Sripada)
And I am the married. pic.twitter.com/tHeC1HXFBQ— Chinmayi Sripaada (@Chinmayi) May 5, 2014
Officially engaged. :) pic.twitter.com/TeWkSYOQhm— Chinmayi Sripaada (@Chinmayi) May 4, 2014
The couple wanted the marriage to be a low profile affair and had also requested their guests not to give gifts. Instead they were requested to donate the money to the 17,000 ft Foundation, a charity organization in Ladakh.
Chinmayi is known for her popular songs including "Vaarayo Vaarayo" from "Aadhavan", "Titli" from "Chennai Express", "Sahana" from "Shivaji" and "Idhayam" from "Kochadaiiyaan." She also works as a voice-over artiste and has dubbed for popular actors including Samantha and Sameera Reddy. On the other hand, Rahul Ravindran is an actor who has starred in films such as "Moscowin Kavery" (2010) and "Vanakkam Chennai" (2013).
Many celebrities have conveyed their wishes to the couple through twitter.
Vedikha: @Chinmayi congrats Chinmayi . Wish u a very happy married life.
Sundeep Kishan: "Pelli Pustakam :) @23_rahulr (Best friend) weds @Chinmayi (Odina)..suddenly I m starting to feel all emotional :D"
Nikesha Patel: "Congrats @23_rahulr and chinmayi for the engagement! All the very best! Sorry cudnt make it to the wedding."
Vennela Kishore: "Congratulations @23_rahulr @Chinmayi .... Chinmayi garu, maa rahul ni baga choosukondi!! Ippatnunchi meede baadhyata."
Entertainment Industry Tracker Sreedhar Pillai: "Congratulations 2 @23_rahulr & @Chinmayi . U make a fine pair."
Vijay Yesudas: "@Chinmayi congratulations -today you are breaking many guy's hearts- god bless-sorry none of us could be there - have a great celebration."
Janani Iyer: "@Chinmayi Congrats..happy married life:) both of u look so lovely together!"
Photo Credit: Facebook/Chinmayi Sripada
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery