Singer Chinmayi Weds Actor Rahul Ravindran; Celebrities, Fans Tweet Wishes
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 5, 2014 6:22 PM EST
Noted singer Chinmayi has married actor Rahul Ravindran.
The couple was officially engaged on 4 May and their wedding took place on 5 May in Chennai. Chinmayi looked beautiful in a traditional kanchivaram saree and Rahul wore a dhoti and shirt for the special occasion. The wedding was held in a traditional manner in the presence of family members and friends.
Chinmayi (Facebook/Chinmayi Sripada)
And I am the married. pic.twitter.com/tHeC1HXFBQ— Chinmayi Sripaada (@Chinmayi) May 5, 2014
Officially engaged. :) pic.twitter.com/TeWkSYOQhm— Chinmayi Sripaada (@Chinmayi) May 4, 2014
The couple wanted the marriage to be a low profile affair and had also requested their guests not to give gifts. Instead they were requested to donate the money to the 17,000 ft Foundation, a charity organization in Ladakh.
Chinmayi is known for her popular songs including "Vaarayo Vaarayo" from "Aadhavan", "Titli" from "Chennai Express", "Sahana" from "Shivaji" and "Idhayam" from "Kochadaiiyaan." She also works as a voice-over artiste and has dubbed for popular actors including Samantha and Sameera Reddy. On the other hand, Rahul Ravindran is an actor who has starred in films such as "Moscowin Kavery" (2010) and "Vanakkam Chennai" (2013).
Many celebrities have conveyed their wishes to the couple through twitter.
Vedikha: @Chinmayi congrats Chinmayi . Wish u a very happy married life.
Sundeep Kishan: "Pelli Pustakam :) @23_rahulr (Best friend) weds @Chinmayi (Odina)..suddenly I m starting to feel all emotional :D"
Nikesha Patel: "Congrats @23_rahulr and chinmayi for the engagement! All the very best! Sorry cudnt make it to the wedding."
Vennela Kishore: "Congratulations @23_rahulr @Chinmayi .... Chinmayi garu, maa rahul ni baga choosukondi!! Ippatnunchi meede baadhyata."
Entertainment Industry Tracker Sreedhar Pillai: "Congratulations 2 @23_rahulr & @Chinmayi . U make a fine pair."
Vijay Yesudas: "@Chinmayi congratulations -today you are breaking many guy's hearts- god bless-sorry none of us could be there - have a great celebration."
Janani Iyer: "@Chinmayi Congrats..happy married life:) both of u look so lovely together!"
Photo Credit: Facebook/Chinmayi Sripada
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kim Kardashian's Divorce Struggles: Kanye West Emotionally Unavailable, Neglects Kim and North West on Trip to Mexico
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner Party with Chris Brown, Take Group Selfies with Rapper and his Friends
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects