Singer Chinmayi Weds Actor Rahul Ravindran; Celebrities, Fans Tweet Wishes
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 5, 2014 6:22 PM EST
Noted singer Chinmayi has married actor Rahul Ravindran.
The couple was officially engaged on 4 May and their wedding took place on 5 May in Chennai. Chinmayi looked beautiful in a traditional kanchivaram saree and Rahul wore a dhoti and shirt for the special occasion. The wedding was held in a traditional manner in the presence of family members and friends.
Chinmayi (Facebook/Chinmayi Sripada)
And I am the married. pic.twitter.com/tHeC1HXFBQ— Chinmayi Sripaada (@Chinmayi) May 5, 2014
Officially engaged. :) pic.twitter.com/TeWkSYOQhm— Chinmayi Sripaada (@Chinmayi) May 4, 2014
The couple wanted the marriage to be a low profile affair and had also requested their guests not to give gifts. Instead they were requested to donate the money to the 17,000 ft Foundation, a charity organization in Ladakh.
Chinmayi is known for her popular songs including "Vaarayo Vaarayo" from "Aadhavan", "Titli" from "Chennai Express", "Sahana" from "Shivaji" and "Idhayam" from "Kochadaiiyaan." She also works as a voice-over artiste and has dubbed for popular actors including Samantha and Sameera Reddy. On the other hand, Rahul Ravindran is an actor who has starred in films such as "Moscowin Kavery" (2010) and "Vanakkam Chennai" (2013).
Many celebrities have conveyed their wishes to the couple through twitter.
Vedikha: @Chinmayi congrats Chinmayi . Wish u a very happy married life.
Sundeep Kishan: "Pelli Pustakam :) @23_rahulr (Best friend) weds @Chinmayi (Odina)..suddenly I m starting to feel all emotional :D"
Nikesha Patel: "Congrats @23_rahulr and chinmayi for the engagement! All the very best! Sorry cudnt make it to the wedding."
Vennela Kishore: "Congratulations @23_rahulr @Chinmayi .... Chinmayi garu, maa rahul ni baga choosukondi!! Ippatnunchi meede baadhyata."
Entertainment Industry Tracker Sreedhar Pillai: "Congratulations 2 @23_rahulr & @Chinmayi . U make a fine pair."
Vijay Yesudas: "@Chinmayi congratulations -today you are breaking many guy's hearts- god bless-sorry none of us could be there - have a great celebration."
Janani Iyer: "@Chinmayi Congrats..happy married life:) both of u look so lovely together!"
Photo Credit: Facebook/Chinmayi Sripada
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates