Singer Chinmayi Weds Actor Rahul Ravindran; Celebrities, Fans Tweet Wishes
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 5, 2014 6:22 PM EST
Noted singer Chinmayi has married actor Rahul Ravindran.
The couple was officially engaged on 4 May and their wedding took place on 5 May in Chennai. Chinmayi looked beautiful in a traditional kanchivaram saree and Rahul wore a dhoti and shirt for the special occasion. The wedding was held in a traditional manner in the presence of family members and friends.
Chinmayi (Facebook/Chinmayi Sripada)
And I am the married. pic.twitter.com/tHeC1HXFBQ— Chinmayi Sripaada (@Chinmayi) May 5, 2014
Officially engaged. :) pic.twitter.com/TeWkSYOQhm— Chinmayi Sripaada (@Chinmayi) May 4, 2014
The couple wanted the marriage to be a low profile affair and had also requested their guests not to give gifts. Instead they were requested to donate the money to the 17,000 ft Foundation, a charity organization in Ladakh.
Chinmayi is known for her popular songs including "Vaarayo Vaarayo" from "Aadhavan", "Titli" from "Chennai Express", "Sahana" from "Shivaji" and "Idhayam" from "Kochadaiiyaan." She also works as a voice-over artiste and has dubbed for popular actors including Samantha and Sameera Reddy. On the other hand, Rahul Ravindran is an actor who has starred in films such as "Moscowin Kavery" (2010) and "Vanakkam Chennai" (2013).
Many celebrities have conveyed their wishes to the couple through twitter.
Vedikha: @Chinmayi congrats Chinmayi . Wish u a very happy married life.
Sundeep Kishan: "Pelli Pustakam :) @23_rahulr (Best friend) weds @Chinmayi (Odina)..suddenly I m starting to feel all emotional :D"
Nikesha Patel: "Congrats @23_rahulr and chinmayi for the engagement! All the very best! Sorry cudnt make it to the wedding."
Vennela Kishore: "Congratulations @23_rahulr @Chinmayi .... Chinmayi garu, maa rahul ni baga choosukondi!! Ippatnunchi meede baadhyata."
Entertainment Industry Tracker Sreedhar Pillai: "Congratulations 2 @23_rahulr & @Chinmayi . U make a fine pair."
Vijay Yesudas: "@Chinmayi congratulations -today you are breaking many guy's hearts- god bless-sorry none of us could be there - have a great celebration."
Janani Iyer: "@Chinmayi Congrats..happy married life:) both of u look so lovely together!"
Photo Credit: Facebook/Chinmayi Sripada
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display