'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Star Hugh Jackman Shares Song that Makes Michael Fassbender Dance [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 5, 2014 6:17 PM EST
Michael Fassbender may appear as the primary villain Magneto in the upcoming movie "X-Men: Days of Future Past," leading mutants to dominate the human race, but recently the German-born actor showed his lighter side as he demonstrated some serious dance moves alongside co-actors Hugh Jackman and James McAvoy on "The Graham Norton Show."
Actor Michael Fassbender arrives at the Golden Globe Awards.
In a good-natured chat with Graham Norton in London on Friday, May 2, Fassbender, Jackman and McAvoy get off the grave world of fighting to sit on the couch for a couple of minutes and share details that fans are dying to know.
According to a report from People, the set of X-Men: Days of Future Past was a "fun place to be," but not everybody apparently has the knack to party. Hugh Jackman, playing the role of Logan slash Wolverine, revealed that his co-actor Michael Fassbender wasn't easy to lure into the fun.
"He is one of those actors you had to coax out of the trailer," Jackman described Fassbender in the interview. "He'll wait in there for hours and hours - he's very difficult, very ornery on set."
"So there was really only one song [that would get him to come out], and I used to get the sound guy to play it very loud in the studio as he came in, just so he could get his mojo up," the 45-year-old Australian-born actor continued to joke.
So what was the song? It was none other than Robin Thicke's hit song "Blurred Lines," featuring T.I. and Pharell. Watch music video here.
"I don't know what it was in that song or that video that got Michael going but there was something about it," Jackman revealed to Graham Norton in the video posted on YouTube.
The video showed the three X-Men actors standing up from the couch to prep up for the inevitable dance. Fassbender, told by Norton to walk off the stage in what appeared to be a re-enactment of the 37-year-old actor coming out of his trailer, went back on stage as soon as Blurred Lines started playing.
Fassbender, Jackman and McAvoy - all in black suits - then started playing along, moving their hips and swaying in tune to the music.
WATCH: Michael Fassbender, Hugh Jackman and James McAvoy Dancing to Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines
Source: YouTube/The Graham Norton Show
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]