‘Dracula’ Season 2 News: Did Jonathan Rhys Meyers Spill the Beans at a Party?
By Sachin Trivedi | May 5, 2014 6:08 PM EST
Recent rumours regarding the renewal of the popular TV show "Dracula" for season 2 has given hope to eager fans. The lead actor of the show Jonathan Rhys Meyers reportedly spilt the beans about the renewal of the show at a party.
According to a report by The Irish Post Jonathan Rhys Meyers confirmed the much anticipated renewal of "Dracula" Season 2 to a select few at a party thrown by actress Goldie Hawn in London. The news has not been officially confirmed by NBC, but fans are hopeful that the good news will arrive soon.
There is currently a petition in Change.Org web site by Catherine Flynn from Portsmouth, Virginia. The petition appeals to NBC to renew "Dracula" for season 2, the petition has reached over 25,000 supporters.
The show had started with a lot of promise and opened with a strong viewership base in the beginning. The viewers however reportedly started to dwindle and there were fears by mid season that the poor numbers could prevent the show from being renewed.
The show however picked up steam later on and season 1 ended on a strong note. Several characters were left hanging at critical junctures in the story line with a strong anticipation for season 2 to finish the story.
The Facebook page of "Dracula" is still active with over 800,000 likes and most of the comments there centre around one theme - most users are requesting NBC to hurry up and renew the show for season 2.
Fans however can't expect to see the show by the end of the year, even if the season 2 is approved immediately. The filming dates and schedule need to be worked out and if the show begins filming in a few months it may only air in 2015 or later.
The cast of "Dracula" may be keen to return for the show and many of the fans are interested to know what happens to the character Renfield. The character has got a surprisingly large fan following and is quite popular from the show.
With so many reports suggesting that "Dracula" Season 2 may be cancelled, the rumours that it may get renewed may come as a relief to some fans who miss the show and are desperate to watch it. So far NBC and the actors have not hinted at either cancellation or renewal.
More Articles to Read
'Star Wars Journeys' to Promote Episode 7 - Interactive Story Telling App to Focus on Next Generation of Fans [Watch Trailer] [Read]
'Saddest Story Ever' Video Goes Viral - Shows How 'Difficult' Life Can Be [Read]
Top 3 Movies This Weekend - 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2,' 'Belle' and 'Walk of Shame' [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Warns Gareth Of Dire Consequences In New Promo [VIDEO]
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge