Diane Keaton ‘Believes’ in Woody Allen, Defends Sexual Molestation Accusations by Daughter Dylan Farrow Again
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 5, 2014 5:50 PM EST
Diane Keaton is not ready to pay any attention to Dylan Farrow who accused her father Woody Allen of sexually abusing her.
The 68-year-old actress called Allen a man "made of steel." She said that he was "the strongest person" she met in her life. Keaton, whom Dylan accused of defending Allen in her editorial for the New York Times, did not however resent that she was dragged into the matter. She told The Guardian that, contrary to what Dylan might have meant, she did not really know Allen's adopted daughter with Mia Farrow. She said that she might have seen Dylan for 2-3 times, but she did not "know" her. Dylan earlier asked, "You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?"
Director of the movie and cast member Woody Allen speaks on stage at the premiere of "To Rome with Love" during the opening night of the Los Angeles Film Festival at the Regal Cinemas in Los Angeles, California in this June 14, 2012, file photo. Allen received a Tony nomination for best book of a musical for writing "Bullets Over Broadway," based on his 1994 film, April 29, 2014. The show had five other nominations, most in technical categories.
Keaton did not move an inch from her stand which she kept since the allegations against Allen had surfaced. She said that she did "believe" her friend. She said that Dylan had to drag in someone in, and she happened to be one. Allen earlier dismissed all the allegations against him. He "spoke out" in his article where he wrote that he had first been accused of child molestation 21 years back. He said that he had found the "idea so ludicrous" that he had not given it "a second thought." He blamed it all on the "acrimonious breakup" with his former wife Mia. He also accused Mia of brainwashing Dylan.
Dylan's blog, on the other hand, told a strikingly different story altogether. She said that she had been sexually molested by Allen when she was seven years old. Allen allegedly "talked" to her while molesting her. He whispered to her that she was a "good girl" and it was their "secret," she alleged. Dylan also alleged that Allen promised her that they would go to Paris and she would be a "star in his movies." Dylan mentioned that she was asked to play with a toy train while she was molested. She said that she found it difficult to "look at toy trains" ever since.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS