Diane Keaton ‘Believes’ in Woody Allen, Defends Sexual Molestation Accusations by Daughter Dylan Farrow Again
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 5, 2014 5:50 PM EST
Diane Keaton is not ready to pay any attention to Dylan Farrow who accused her father Woody Allen of sexually abusing her.
The 68-year-old actress called Allen a man "made of steel." She said that he was "the strongest person" she met in her life. Keaton, whom Dylan accused of defending Allen in her editorial for the New York Times, did not however resent that she was dragged into the matter. She told The Guardian that, contrary to what Dylan might have meant, she did not really know Allen's adopted daughter with Mia Farrow. She said that she might have seen Dylan for 2-3 times, but she did not "know" her. Dylan earlier asked, "You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?"
Director of the movie and cast member Woody Allen speaks on stage at the premiere of "To Rome with Love" during the opening night of the Los Angeles Film Festival at the Regal Cinemas in Los Angeles, California in this June 14, 2012, file photo. Allen received a Tony nomination for best book of a musical for writing "Bullets Over Broadway," based on his 1994 film, April 29, 2014. The show had five other nominations, most in technical categories.
Keaton did not move an inch from her stand which she kept since the allegations against Allen had surfaced. She said that she did "believe" her friend. She said that Dylan had to drag in someone in, and she happened to be one. Allen earlier dismissed all the allegations against him. He "spoke out" in his article where he wrote that he had first been accused of child molestation 21 years back. He said that he had found the "idea so ludicrous" that he had not given it "a second thought." He blamed it all on the "acrimonious breakup" with his former wife Mia. He also accused Mia of brainwashing Dylan.
Dylan's blog, on the other hand, told a strikingly different story altogether. She said that she had been sexually molested by Allen when she was seven years old. Allen allegedly "talked" to her while molesting her. He whispered to her that she was a "good girl" and it was their "secret," she alleged. Dylan also alleged that Allen promised her that they would go to Paris and she would be a "star in his movies." Dylan mentioned that she was asked to play with a toy train while she was molested. She said that she found it difficult to "look at toy trains" ever since.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia