Diane Keaton ‘Believes’ in Woody Allen, Defends Sexual Molestation Accusations by Daughter Dylan Farrow Again
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 5, 2014 5:50 PM EST
Diane Keaton is not ready to pay any attention to Dylan Farrow who accused her father Woody Allen of sexually abusing her.
The 68-year-old actress called Allen a man "made of steel." She said that he was "the strongest person" she met in her life. Keaton, whom Dylan accused of defending Allen in her editorial for the New York Times, did not however resent that she was dragged into the matter. She told The Guardian that, contrary to what Dylan might have meant, she did not really know Allen's adopted daughter with Mia Farrow. She said that she might have seen Dylan for 2-3 times, but she did not "know" her. Dylan earlier asked, "You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?"
Director of the movie and cast member Woody Allen speaks on stage at the premiere of "To Rome with Love" during the opening night of the Los Angeles Film Festival at the Regal Cinemas in Los Angeles, California in this June 14, 2012, file photo. Allen received a Tony nomination for best book of a musical for writing "Bullets Over Broadway," based on his 1994 film, April 29, 2014. The show had five other nominations, most in technical categories.
Keaton did not move an inch from her stand which she kept since the allegations against Allen had surfaced. She said that she did "believe" her friend. She said that Dylan had to drag in someone in, and she happened to be one. Allen earlier dismissed all the allegations against him. He "spoke out" in his article where he wrote that he had first been accused of child molestation 21 years back. He said that he had found the "idea so ludicrous" that he had not given it "a second thought." He blamed it all on the "acrimonious breakup" with his former wife Mia. He also accused Mia of brainwashing Dylan.
Dylan's blog, on the other hand, told a strikingly different story altogether. She said that she had been sexually molested by Allen when she was seven years old. Allen allegedly "talked" to her while molesting her. He whispered to her that she was a "good girl" and it was their "secret," she alleged. Dylan also alleged that Allen promised her that they would go to Paris and she would be a "star in his movies." Dylan mentioned that she was asked to play with a toy train while she was molested. She said that she found it difficult to "look at toy trains" ever since.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]