Karan Singh Grover-Jennifer Winget’s New ‘Friends’-Based Show to Replace ‘Saraswatichandra’?
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 5, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Popular couple Karan Singh Grover and Jennifer Winget could reportedly soon pair up onscreen for a brand new show.
Grover, who is married to Winget, could relive his "Dill Mill Gaye" days as rumour has it that the pair could be seen in a new show, which will be based on hit US television series "Friends" and "Sex and the City."
Karan Singh Grover and Jennifer Winget
According to a report in Deccan Chronicle, Grover, who recently turned producer with "Qubool Hai", is presently in talks with Star Plus for the show that might have the actors playing the lead couple.
"The channel (Star Plus) liked the idea and is keen to have the couple on board. The show is loosely based on popular sitcoms 'F.R.I.E.N.D.S' and 'Sex and the City', and will be modified to suit the Indian audiences' taste," a source informed the daily.
It is also being said that the new show might replace prime time drama "Saraswatichandra" which also features Winget in the lead along with Gautam Rode.
Previously, there were reports that the love story would be pulled down due to poor ratings and now with prospects of the new show, the one-year-old show's closure seems to be a probable move by the channel.
"Saraswatichandra" was launched amid much fanfare last year by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. But the filmmaker eventually walked out of his pet project after some months amid reports of creative differences and budget constraints.
Meanwhile, Winget and Grover, have been in news as buzz was that the couple was heading for separation after two years of marriage. However, the actress has now slammed the reports as false.
"Logo ka kaam hai kehna...unhe kehne do (Let people say whatever they want). For the record, Karan and I are happily married. I think these reports are just part of my job as an actor. I don't need to clarify things till the time I, Karan, our families and friends know what the truth is. All I can say to such people who write baseless stories is 'Grow Up'," Winget told Hindustan Times.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June