Karan Singh Grover-Jennifer Winget’s New ‘Friends’-Based Show to Replace ‘Saraswatichandra’?
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 5, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Popular couple Karan Singh Grover and Jennifer Winget could reportedly soon pair up onscreen for a brand new show.
Grover, who is married to Winget, could relive his "Dill Mill Gaye" days as rumour has it that the pair could be seen in a new show, which will be based on hit US television series "Friends" and "Sex and the City."
Karan Singh Grover and Jennifer Winget
According to a report in Deccan Chronicle, Grover, who recently turned producer with "Qubool Hai", is presently in talks with Star Plus for the show that might have the actors playing the lead couple.
"The channel (Star Plus) liked the idea and is keen to have the couple on board. The show is loosely based on popular sitcoms 'F.R.I.E.N.D.S' and 'Sex and the City', and will be modified to suit the Indian audiences' taste," a source informed the daily.
It is also being said that the new show might replace prime time drama "Saraswatichandra" which also features Winget in the lead along with Gautam Rode.
Previously, there were reports that the love story would be pulled down due to poor ratings and now with prospects of the new show, the one-year-old show's closure seems to be a probable move by the channel.
"Saraswatichandra" was launched amid much fanfare last year by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. But the filmmaker eventually walked out of his pet project after some months amid reports of creative differences and budget constraints.
Meanwhile, Winget and Grover, have been in news as buzz was that the couple was heading for separation after two years of marriage. However, the actress has now slammed the reports as false.
"Logo ka kaam hai kehna...unhe kehne do (Let people say whatever they want). For the record, Karan and I are happily married. I think these reports are just part of my job as an actor. I don't need to clarify things till the time I, Karan, our families and friends know what the truth is. All I can say to such people who write baseless stories is 'Grow Up'," Winget told Hindustan Times.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change