Karan Singh Grover-Jennifer Winget’s New ‘Friends’-Based Show to Replace ‘Saraswatichandra’?
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 5, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Popular couple Karan Singh Grover and Jennifer Winget could reportedly soon pair up onscreen for a brand new show.
Grover, who is married to Winget, could relive his "Dill Mill Gaye" days as rumour has it that the pair could be seen in a new show, which will be based on hit US television series "Friends" and "Sex and the City."
Karan Singh Grover and Jennifer Winget
According to a report in Deccan Chronicle, Grover, who recently turned producer with "Qubool Hai", is presently in talks with Star Plus for the show that might have the actors playing the lead couple.
"The channel (Star Plus) liked the idea and is keen to have the couple on board. The show is loosely based on popular sitcoms 'F.R.I.E.N.D.S' and 'Sex and the City', and will be modified to suit the Indian audiences' taste," a source informed the daily.
It is also being said that the new show might replace prime time drama "Saraswatichandra" which also features Winget in the lead along with Gautam Rode.
Previously, there were reports that the love story would be pulled down due to poor ratings and now with prospects of the new show, the one-year-old show's closure seems to be a probable move by the channel.
"Saraswatichandra" was launched amid much fanfare last year by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. But the filmmaker eventually walked out of his pet project after some months amid reports of creative differences and budget constraints.
Meanwhile, Winget and Grover, have been in news as buzz was that the couple was heading for separation after two years of marriage. However, the actress has now slammed the reports as false.
"Logo ka kaam hai kehna...unhe kehne do (Let people say whatever they want). For the record, Karan and I are happily married. I think these reports are just part of my job as an actor. I don't need to clarify things till the time I, Karan, our families and friends know what the truth is. All I can say to such people who write baseless stories is 'Grow Up'," Winget told Hindustan Times.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015