Karan Singh Grover-Jennifer Winget’s New ‘Friends’-Based Show to Replace ‘Saraswatichandra’?
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 5, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Popular couple Karan Singh Grover and Jennifer Winget could reportedly soon pair up onscreen for a brand new show.
Grover, who is married to Winget, could relive his "Dill Mill Gaye" days as rumour has it that the pair could be seen in a new show, which will be based on hit US television series "Friends" and "Sex and the City."
Karan Singh Grover and Jennifer Winget
According to a report in Deccan Chronicle, Grover, who recently turned producer with "Qubool Hai", is presently in talks with Star Plus for the show that might have the actors playing the lead couple.
"The channel (Star Plus) liked the idea and is keen to have the couple on board. The show is loosely based on popular sitcoms 'F.R.I.E.N.D.S' and 'Sex and the City', and will be modified to suit the Indian audiences' taste," a source informed the daily.
It is also being said that the new show might replace prime time drama "Saraswatichandra" which also features Winget in the lead along with Gautam Rode.
Previously, there were reports that the love story would be pulled down due to poor ratings and now with prospects of the new show, the one-year-old show's closure seems to be a probable move by the channel.
"Saraswatichandra" was launched amid much fanfare last year by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. But the filmmaker eventually walked out of his pet project after some months amid reports of creative differences and budget constraints.
Meanwhile, Winget and Grover, have been in news as buzz was that the couple was heading for separation after two years of marriage. However, the actress has now slammed the reports as false.
"Logo ka kaam hai kehna...unhe kehne do (Let people say whatever they want). For the record, Karan and I are happily married. I think these reports are just part of my job as an actor. I don't need to clarify things till the time I, Karan, our families and friends know what the truth is. All I can say to such people who write baseless stories is 'Grow Up'," Winget told Hindustan Times.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date