Karan Singh Grover-Jennifer Winget’s New ‘Friends’-Based Show to Replace ‘Saraswatichandra’?
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 5, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Popular couple Karan Singh Grover and Jennifer Winget could reportedly soon pair up onscreen for a brand new show.
Grover, who is married to Winget, could relive his "Dill Mill Gaye" days as rumour has it that the pair could be seen in a new show, which will be based on hit US television series "Friends" and "Sex and the City."
Karan Singh Grover and Jennifer Winget
According to a report in Deccan Chronicle, Grover, who recently turned producer with "Qubool Hai", is presently in talks with Star Plus for the show that might have the actors playing the lead couple.
"The channel (Star Plus) liked the idea and is keen to have the couple on board. The show is loosely based on popular sitcoms 'F.R.I.E.N.D.S' and 'Sex and the City', and will be modified to suit the Indian audiences' taste," a source informed the daily.
It is also being said that the new show might replace prime time drama "Saraswatichandra" which also features Winget in the lead along with Gautam Rode.
Previously, there were reports that the love story would be pulled down due to poor ratings and now with prospects of the new show, the one-year-old show's closure seems to be a probable move by the channel.
"Saraswatichandra" was launched amid much fanfare last year by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. But the filmmaker eventually walked out of his pet project after some months amid reports of creative differences and budget constraints.
Meanwhile, Winget and Grover, have been in news as buzz was that the couple was heading for separation after two years of marriage. However, the actress has now slammed the reports as false.
"Logo ka kaam hai kehna...unhe kehne do (Let people say whatever they want). For the record, Karan and I are happily married. I think these reports are just part of my job as an actor. I don't need to clarify things till the time I, Karan, our families and friends know what the truth is. All I can say to such people who write baseless stories is 'Grow Up'," Winget told Hindustan Times.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery