Tata Zest to Arrive in India on 4 July; Bookings, Launch Details
By greeshma m | May 5, 2014 5:07 PM EST
Tata's much anticipated Zest sedan is reportedly gearing up for a launch on 4 July in India, claims a new report.
Tata Zest To Arrive In India On 4 July; Bookings, Launch Details
The auto lovers in the country have waited long to see Tata's new offering in the sedan segment on Indian roads. Now a latest report of Motorbash, citing its industry sources reported that Tata Zest is slated for a launch in July and the dealerships of the company would get the demo cars of Zest by June. The report also noted that Tata is likely to commence the booking of Zest in June and the production version of Zest is likely to make its way to the market with new smarter grille.
Tata Zest, a car which was first showcased at the country's biggest automobile extravaganza, Delhi Auto Expo in February has already made numerous appearances on the web through spied images and reports. The car will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol version of the Zest will be powered by a 1.2 litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged Revotron engine under the hood, which can churn out a power of 85 PS at 5000 RPM and a peak torque of 140 Nm 1750-3000 RPM.
The diesel model will come with a 1.3 litre Quadrajet motor, which can generate 90 PS power at 4000 RPM and 200Nm torque at 1750-3000 RPM. The car is expected to come with features like new front grille, projector headlamps, steering wheel and dash board.
Tata's Bolt is also expected to make its way to the domestic market by the end of 2014. Although Tata is yet to make any announcement regarding the launch of its new cars, the company had launched exclusive websites for the upcoming sedan Zest and premium hatchback Bolt.
Meanwhile, In April Tata Motors's total sales witnessed downfall of 34 percent as against the 51,160 vehicles sold in April last year.The domestic passenger vehicle sales of Tata plunged to 30,670 units in April 2014, from 47,595 units in the corresponding month last year.
Image credit: tatamotorszest.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery