Michael Schumacher Coma: Will the Formula One Legend Make a Full Recovery?
By Keerthi Mohan | May 5, 2014 5:04 PM EST
Michael Schumacher has been in coma for more than four months since his accident in the French Alps in December, and till now he has shown no signs of waking up.
But his family is optimistic that the Formula One champion will make a recovery as there are short moments when he is awake and conscious.
Michael Schumacher (Pic: Fotograf: Susanne Kauz; Bearbeiter: Frank C. Müller)
“We remain confident that Michael Schumacher will make it through and wake up,” Schumacher’s manager Sabine Kehm told Bild.de, according to The Epoch Times.
At the same time, she dismissed news reports that emerged from Spanish media stating that Schumacher woke up from his coma and showed signs that he recognized his wife. She noted that there is a difference in being awake and being conscious and the media should realize the distinction before reporting about Schumacher’s condition.
“There is a distinction between being awake and being conscious, the latter meaning there is an ability to interact with his surroundings. I don’t want to disclose details out of respect for the family, but we have no doubt at all in the abilities of the doctors treating Michael, they are experts in their field.
“What upsets the family most is media quoting doctors who are not treating Michael and untruths are constructed from these,” she told the publication. “It has been a problem when outsiders comment and it means we have to set the record straight, even when we don’t want to.”
Recently, Schumacher became a death hoax victim when several Twitter users started messaging condolences to the racing legend’s family.
Twitter user @HenryWyatt posted a message, "Rip Michael Schumacher. A legend of the sport" and soon the news spread on social networking sites.
A Facebook page titled “RIP Michael Schumacher 1969 – 2014” has also been active since December 30, 2013. The social networking site has garnered more than 800 likes till date.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions