Michael Schumacher Coma: Will the Formula One Legend Make a Full Recovery?
By Keerthi Mohan | May 5, 2014 5:04 PM EST
Michael Schumacher has been in coma for more than four months since his accident in the French Alps in December, and till now he has shown no signs of waking up.
But his family is optimistic that the Formula One champion will make a recovery as there are short moments when he is awake and conscious.
Michael Schumacher (Pic: Fotograf: Susanne Kauz; Bearbeiter: Frank C. Müller)
“We remain confident that Michael Schumacher will make it through and wake up,” Schumacher’s manager Sabine Kehm told Bild.de, according to The Epoch Times.
At the same time, she dismissed news reports that emerged from Spanish media stating that Schumacher woke up from his coma and showed signs that he recognized his wife. She noted that there is a difference in being awake and being conscious and the media should realize the distinction before reporting about Schumacher’s condition.
“There is a distinction between being awake and being conscious, the latter meaning there is an ability to interact with his surroundings. I don’t want to disclose details out of respect for the family, but we have no doubt at all in the abilities of the doctors treating Michael, they are experts in their field.
“What upsets the family most is media quoting doctors who are not treating Michael and untruths are constructed from these,” she told the publication. “It has been a problem when outsiders comment and it means we have to set the record straight, even when we don’t want to.”
Recently, Schumacher became a death hoax victim when several Twitter users started messaging condolences to the racing legend’s family.
Twitter user @HenryWyatt posted a message, "Rip Michael Schumacher. A legend of the sport" and soon the news spread on social networking sites.
A Facebook page titled “RIP Michael Schumacher 1969 – 2014” has also been active since December 30, 2013. The social networking site has garnered more than 800 likes till date.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- Video Of Floyd Mayweather Having An Altercation With A Random Woman, Who Had No Idea Who He Is, Goes Viral
- 2014/15 NBA Season Preview And Predictions: Los Angeles Lakers; Jeremy Lin's Breakout Campaign
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money