Michael Schumacher Coma: Will the Formula One Legend Make a Full Recovery?
By Keerthi Mohan | May 5, 2014 5:04 PM EST
Michael Schumacher has been in coma for more than four months since his accident in the French Alps in December, and till now he has shown no signs of waking up.
But his family is optimistic that the Formula One champion will make a recovery as there are short moments when he is awake and conscious.
Michael Schumacher (Pic: Fotograf: Susanne Kauz; Bearbeiter: Frank C. Müller)
“We remain confident that Michael Schumacher will make it through and wake up,” Schumacher’s manager Sabine Kehm told Bild.de, according to The Epoch Times.
At the same time, she dismissed news reports that emerged from Spanish media stating that Schumacher woke up from his coma and showed signs that he recognized his wife. She noted that there is a difference in being awake and being conscious and the media should realize the distinction before reporting about Schumacher’s condition.
“There is a distinction between being awake and being conscious, the latter meaning there is an ability to interact with his surroundings. I don’t want to disclose details out of respect for the family, but we have no doubt at all in the abilities of the doctors treating Michael, they are experts in their field.
“What upsets the family most is media quoting doctors who are not treating Michael and untruths are constructed from these,” she told the publication. “It has been a problem when outsiders comment and it means we have to set the record straight, even when we don’t want to.”
Recently, Schumacher became a death hoax victim when several Twitter users started messaging condolences to the racing legend’s family.
Twitter user @HenryWyatt posted a message, "Rip Michael Schumacher. A legend of the sport" and soon the news spread on social networking sites.
A Facebook page titled “RIP Michael Schumacher 1969 – 2014” has also been active since December 30, 2013. The social networking site has garnered more than 800 likes till date.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks