Android v4.4.2 KitKat ElementalX OmniROM Custom Firmware now Available for Nexus 7 (2013) [Installation Tutorial]
By Rohit KVN | May 5, 2014 4:31 PM EST
The new Android v4.4.2 KitKat ElementalX OmniROM Custom Firmware has been made available to the Google-Asus flagship tablet Nexus 7 (2013 edition).
Reuters Google Nexus is planning to launch a 10-inch Nexus tablet that is likely to be co-branded with Samsung. Featured in the image is a previous version of Google Nexus tablet.
Google Nexus is planning to launch a 10-inch Nexus tablet that is likely to be co-branded with Samsung. Featured in the image is a previous version of Google Nexus tablet.
The new custom software Android v4.4.2 KitKat ElementalX OmniROM can only be installed on Asus Nexus 7 (2013 edition) and is said to bring multi-Window PS22, Bulletproof 2.1+Kernel, and Art & Dalvik tweaks. It also comes compiled with latest Linaro Toolchain, rooted with latest SuperSU, krait optimization for Flo/Deb, Lockscreen blur from ASOPA, Lockscreen camera widget, Task utilities and Navigation Bar features, launch SuperSU from settings, Lockscreen and lot more.
Pre-requisite (things to remember before the installation of custom ROM in the smartphone):
- Though custom ROM gives unrestricted powers (options) to the device, once installed, smartphone company's warranty stands void and will no longer be liable for future updates [warranty can be restored simply by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- This Android v4.4.2 ElementalX OmniROM Custom Firmware is for Google-Asus flagship tablet Nexus 7 (2013 edition) only.
- Rooting of devices leads to complete data wipe out, so be sure to make a Nandroid back-up of all your personal data.
- Users' device must be rooted and must have installed ClockworkMod Recovery (To Know more, click here) and Google Apps tools.
- Remember to wipe Dalvik Cache before proceeding to ClockworkMod recovery mode.
- Users make sure you have installed USB drivers on the PC to connect your Asus Nexus 7 (2013 edition) (users can download, here)
- Make sure your device has more than 80-percent battery charge or else device the might get damaged if the installation of custom ROM is cut short due to low battery.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting of Android devices. If the step-by-step custom ROM installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or may even lead to the device being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if smartphones get bricked. Hence users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Asus Nexus 7 (2013 edition) Android v4.4.2 ElementalX OmniROM Custom Firmware Installation Tutorial:
Step 2: Connect Asus Nexus 7 (2013 edition) to your PC via USB chord.
Step 3: Then, place the .zip files of Android v4.4.2 Custom ROM and the Google Apps into the phone's SD card memory. [User are advised to paste the .zip files in SD card root, not in any other folder]
Step 4: turn-off the device and disconnect the device from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular ClockworkMode Recovery sortie, by press holding 'volume (up)', 'home' and 'power' buttons.
Step 6: First enter BOOTLOADER mode, then go to ClockworkMod Recovery mode and perform full data wipe, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options, while operating under Recovery mode]
Step 7: Now, empty the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or other errors ]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 4.4.2 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the procedure for Gaaps (Google Apps) .zip file as well [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options]
Step 11: Once the installation is completed, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-boot the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Asus Nexus 7 2013 edition) would take minimum five minutes to complete booting process.
Users can then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of Android 4.4.2 ElementalX OmniROM custom firmware.
[Credits: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: