Lorde Refuses to Wear Undergarments in Music Videos, Not 'Super Comfortable' in Them!
By nidhi tewari | May 5, 2014 4:03 PM EST
Teenage singer Lorde's name has become synonymous with the new genre of artists who speak their own mind. But somehow they always end up being misinterpreted. The double Grammy award singer has always been perceived as being anti-Miley Cyrus or against the new pop singers. But Lorde says, she has been wrongly written about and she is not anti anyone.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
In a new revealing interview, the 17-year-old said that she in fact gets really "frustrated" when people call her anti-Miley.
"I think that's one of the things journalists concoct in their offices. People love to pit female artists against each other in pop, which just seems like the silliest thing ever. It's not some kind of fight to the death," Lorde revealed in a new interview with Q magazine, according to sugarscape.com.
Lorde then went on to talk about how she hates wearing bras and would stick to doing the same as it doesn't really make much difference to the music she makes.
"People kind of think I don't wear bras and underwear in my videos because I think there's something wrong with it - I don't," Lorde revealed to the magazine.
"I just don't feel super comfortable with that and I don't think that it would help my music to come across any different," the "Royals" singer added, according to the Web site.
Lorde proved that her music is best and has even won a Grammy award for that. Most recently, the singer also bashed a paparazzi Simon Runting on her Twitter account saying she is scared of his "stalking" and questioned her fans over the social media why she should take things lying down.
"This man has been stalking me, photographing me and refusing me privacy. i am scared of him. he frequents central akl," Lorde wrote on her Twitter timeline and the tweet has been retweeted thousands of time.
Lorde's brave exposure of the photographer who has been stalking her proves the fact that she is not one who will let things happen as it is and do nothing about it especially if she feels something is wrong. What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone