Lorde Refuses to Wear Undergarments in Music Videos, Not 'Super Comfortable' in Them!
By nidhi tewari | May 5, 2014 4:03 PM EST
Teenage singer Lorde's name has become synonymous with the new genre of artists who speak their own mind. But somehow they always end up being misinterpreted. The double Grammy award singer has always been perceived as being anti-Miley Cyrus or against the new pop singers. But Lorde says, she has been wrongly written about and she is not anti anyone.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
In a new revealing interview, the 17-year-old said that she in fact gets really "frustrated" when people call her anti-Miley.
"I think that's one of the things journalists concoct in their offices. People love to pit female artists against each other in pop, which just seems like the silliest thing ever. It's not some kind of fight to the death," Lorde revealed in a new interview with Q magazine, according to sugarscape.com.
Lorde then went on to talk about how she hates wearing bras and would stick to doing the same as it doesn't really make much difference to the music she makes.
"People kind of think I don't wear bras and underwear in my videos because I think there's something wrong with it - I don't," Lorde revealed to the magazine.
"I just don't feel super comfortable with that and I don't think that it would help my music to come across any different," the "Royals" singer added, according to the Web site.
Lorde proved that her music is best and has even won a Grammy award for that. Most recently, the singer also bashed a paparazzi Simon Runting on her Twitter account saying she is scared of his "stalking" and questioned her fans over the social media why she should take things lying down.
"This man has been stalking me, photographing me and refusing me privacy. i am scared of him. he frequents central akl," Lorde wrote on her Twitter timeline and the tweet has been retweeted thousands of time.
Lorde's brave exposure of the photographer who has been stalking her proves the fact that she is not one who will let things happen as it is and do nothing about it especially if she feels something is wrong. What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate