Lorde Refuses to Wear Undergarments in Music Videos, Not 'Super Comfortable' in Them!
By nidhi tewari | May 5, 2014 4:03 PM EST
Teenage singer Lorde's name has become synonymous with the new genre of artists who speak their own mind. But somehow they always end up being misinterpreted. The double Grammy award singer has always been perceived as being anti-Miley Cyrus or against the new pop singers. But Lorde says, she has been wrongly written about and she is not anti anyone.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
In a new revealing interview, the 17-year-old said that she in fact gets really "frustrated" when people call her anti-Miley.
"I think that's one of the things journalists concoct in their offices. People love to pit female artists against each other in pop, which just seems like the silliest thing ever. It's not some kind of fight to the death," Lorde revealed in a new interview with Q magazine, according to sugarscape.com.
Lorde then went on to talk about how she hates wearing bras and would stick to doing the same as it doesn't really make much difference to the music she makes.
"People kind of think I don't wear bras and underwear in my videos because I think there's something wrong with it - I don't," Lorde revealed to the magazine.
"I just don't feel super comfortable with that and I don't think that it would help my music to come across any different," the "Royals" singer added, according to the Web site.
Lorde proved that her music is best and has even won a Grammy award for that. Most recently, the singer also bashed a paparazzi Simon Runting on her Twitter account saying she is scared of his "stalking" and questioned her fans over the social media why she should take things lying down.
"This man has been stalking me, photographing me and refusing me privacy. i am scared of him. he frequents central akl," Lorde wrote on her Twitter timeline and the tweet has been retweeted thousands of time.
Lorde's brave exposure of the photographer who has been stalking her proves the fact that she is not one who will let things happen as it is and do nothing about it especially if she feels something is wrong. What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28