Lorde Refuses to Wear Undergarments in Music Videos, Not 'Super Comfortable' in Them!
By nidhi tewari | May 5, 2014 4:03 PM EST
Teenage singer Lorde's name has become synonymous with the new genre of artists who speak their own mind. But somehow they always end up being misinterpreted. The double Grammy award singer has always been perceived as being anti-Miley Cyrus or against the new pop singers. But Lorde says, she has been wrongly written about and she is not anti anyone.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
In a new revealing interview, the 17-year-old said that she in fact gets really "frustrated" when people call her anti-Miley.
"I think that's one of the things journalists concoct in their offices. People love to pit female artists against each other in pop, which just seems like the silliest thing ever. It's not some kind of fight to the death," Lorde revealed in a new interview with Q magazine, according to sugarscape.com.
Lorde then went on to talk about how she hates wearing bras and would stick to doing the same as it doesn't really make much difference to the music she makes.
"People kind of think I don't wear bras and underwear in my videos because I think there's something wrong with it - I don't," Lorde revealed to the magazine.
"I just don't feel super comfortable with that and I don't think that it would help my music to come across any different," the "Royals" singer added, according to the Web site.
Lorde proved that her music is best and has even won a Grammy award for that. Most recently, the singer also bashed a paparazzi Simon Runting on her Twitter account saying she is scared of his "stalking" and questioned her fans over the social media why she should take things lying down.
"This man has been stalking me, photographing me and refusing me privacy. i am scared of him. he frequents central akl," Lorde wrote on her Twitter timeline and the tweet has been retweeted thousands of time.
Lorde's brave exposure of the photographer who has been stalking her proves the fact that she is not one who will let things happen as it is and do nothing about it especially if she feels something is wrong. What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales