Lorde's Paparazzi Blast: Exposes Personal Details of Photographer 'Stalking' Her, Admits to Being Scared
By nidhi tewari | May 5, 2014 3:55 PM EST
Lorde has launched a war against Auckland-based paparazzi who she believes is "stalking" her. There has been an eternal cold war going on between paparazzi and celebrities since a very long time. Most of the time it is the celebs who are the target of paparazzo's stalking and are always playing a hide and seek game with the photographers who are chasing them. Most celebs take it lying down but Lorde is different.
Singer Lorde performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
The 17-year-old has used the power of social media and exposed the face of one photographer Simon Runting on Twitter. Not only has the "Royals" singer exposed the full name of the paparazzi, she has also accused him of "stalking'' her and intruding into her privacy.
i refuse to stay complicit and i refuse to stay passive about men systematically subjecting me to extreme fear. pic.twitter.com/G9FLG1thUP
— Lorde (@lordemusic) May 4, 2014
"This man has been stalking me, photographing me and refusing me privacy. i am scared of him. he frequents central akl," Lorde wrote on her Twitter timeline and the tweet has been retweeted thousands of time.
The New Zealand based singer said she does not want to stay complicit or "stay passive about men systematically subjecting me to extreme fear."
Accepting that the pictures of the celebs do provide fame to her but she said she "do not understand why I should be complacent."
It is not the first time that Runting has been bashed by a celeb for chasing her. In October 2013, Rihanna compared the Auckland paparazzi to Nazis in an online post, after the same photographer pictured Rihanna without her knowledge. Rihanna was standing in her Auckland hotel room window wrapped in a blanket when she was photographed by Runting.
"I hate these n***** more than the Nazi," Rihanna posted on her Instagram account back in October. Lorde also posted the picture of Rihanna and told her fans that he is the same photographer who took the "Pour It Up" singer's pictures secretly.
Do you think Lorde is right in exposing Simon Runting? She already has support from her Twitter followers who have launched an online campaign against Runting.
"Is simon Runting trying to buy a coffee in your cafe? Stay in your hotel, get petrol? Say yeah nah.#itsnotok,'' wrote scuba_nurse on her Twitter account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report