Lorde's Paparazzi Blast: Exposes Personal Details of Photographer 'Stalking' Her, Admits to Being Scared
By nidhi tewari | May 5, 2014 3:55 PM EST
Lorde has launched a war against Auckland-based paparazzi who she believes is "stalking" her. There has been an eternal cold war going on between paparazzi and celebrities since a very long time. Most of the time it is the celebs who are the target of paparazzo's stalking and are always playing a hide and seek game with the photographers who are chasing them. Most celebs take it lying down but Lorde is different.
Singer Lorde performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
The 17-year-old has used the power of social media and exposed the face of one photographer Simon Runting on Twitter. Not only has the "Royals" singer exposed the full name of the paparazzi, she has also accused him of "stalking'' her and intruding into her privacy.
i refuse to stay complicit and i refuse to stay passive about men systematically subjecting me to extreme fear. pic.twitter.com/G9FLG1thUP
— Lorde (@lordemusic) May 4, 2014
"This man has been stalking me, photographing me and refusing me privacy. i am scared of him. he frequents central akl," Lorde wrote on her Twitter timeline and the tweet has been retweeted thousands of time.
The New Zealand based singer said she does not want to stay complicit or "stay passive about men systematically subjecting me to extreme fear."
Accepting that the pictures of the celebs do provide fame to her but she said she "do not understand why I should be complacent."
It is not the first time that Runting has been bashed by a celeb for chasing her. In October 2013, Rihanna compared the Auckland paparazzi to Nazis in an online post, after the same photographer pictured Rihanna without her knowledge. Rihanna was standing in her Auckland hotel room window wrapped in a blanket when she was photographed by Runting.
"I hate these n***** more than the Nazi," Rihanna posted on her Instagram account back in October. Lorde also posted the picture of Rihanna and told her fans that he is the same photographer who took the "Pour It Up" singer's pictures secretly.
Do you think Lorde is right in exposing Simon Runting? She already has support from her Twitter followers who have launched an online campaign against Runting.
"Is simon Runting trying to buy a coffee in your cafe? Stay in your hotel, get petrol? Say yeah nah.#itsnotok,'' wrote scuba_nurse on her Twitter account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica