Motorola Moto E Release Date in a Week? Rumoured Specifications
By Sachin Trivedi | May 5, 2014 3:02 PM EST
Motorola fans looking for a budget phone option other than the Moto G can look forward to the upcoming Moto E smartphone. The invites by the company for a launch event on May 13 reported focus on a phone which is "priced for all."
Workers assemble Motorola phones at the Flextronics plant that will be building the new Motorola smart phone "MotoX" in Fort Worth, Texas September 10, 2013. The factory is a high-profile endorsement for "onshore" manufacturing in the U.S. REUTERS/Mike Stone
The launch event is scheduled to be in London and is expected to showcase the Motorola Moto G follow up - the Moto E. Just like other popular smartphone devices, fans have already got a taste of things to come in the form of leaks and rumours.
The expected specs of the device includes a 4.3 inch capacitive touch screen rendering 540 x 960 pixels resolution, which comes to 256 ppi pixel density on the screen. The device is expected to be light weight with 124.8 x 64.8 x 6.2 mm dimensions.
The Motorola Moto E is rumoured to be equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core processor and run on the Android KitKat operating system. In terms of memory it is expected to come with 4 GB of internal memory, with an option to expand it by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card. The RAM on the device is expected to be 1 GB.
Being a budget smartphone the Motorola Moto E is rumoured to come with a Li-Ion 1900 mAh battery and a 5 MP primary camera. If the rumours turn out to be true, then the device may be a cheaper variant of the Moto G.
The specs however may not be the only factor for consideration. The company may offer other exciting options to compensate for the low specs. The Moto X had made waves at the launch for the wide array of customization features the company had offered.
Motorola may however choose to offer the Moto E without any fancy feature and focus instead on the price. The competition is fierce for a top end model of smartphones and companies like Apple have chosen not to launch low cost devices for budget conscious consumers, this leaves room for other companies to fill the need in this segment.
Some analysts also expect that the May 13 event could also unveil the upcoming Moto X+1 smartphone, but the possibility of the launch of Motorola Moto E appear to be bigger. Will the upcoming device revive the company's fortunes?
More Articles to Read
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales