Motorola Moto E Release Date in a Week? Rumoured Specifications
By Sachin Trivedi | May 5, 2014 3:02 PM EST
Motorola fans looking for a budget phone option other than the Moto G can look forward to the upcoming Moto E smartphone. The invites by the company for a launch event on May 13 reported focus on a phone which is "priced for all."
Workers assemble Motorola phones at the Flextronics plant that will be building the new Motorola smart phone "MotoX" in Fort Worth, Texas September 10, 2013. The factory is a high-profile endorsement for "onshore" manufacturing in the U.S. REUTERS/Mike Stone
The launch event is scheduled to be in London and is expected to showcase the Motorola Moto G follow up - the Moto E. Just like other popular smartphone devices, fans have already got a taste of things to come in the form of leaks and rumours.
The expected specs of the device includes a 4.3 inch capacitive touch screen rendering 540 x 960 pixels resolution, which comes to 256 ppi pixel density on the screen. The device is expected to be light weight with 124.8 x 64.8 x 6.2 mm dimensions.
The Motorola Moto E is rumoured to be equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core processor and run on the Android KitKat operating system. In terms of memory it is expected to come with 4 GB of internal memory, with an option to expand it by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card. The RAM on the device is expected to be 1 GB.
Being a budget smartphone the Motorola Moto E is rumoured to come with a Li-Ion 1900 mAh battery and a 5 MP primary camera. If the rumours turn out to be true, then the device may be a cheaper variant of the Moto G.
The specs however may not be the only factor for consideration. The company may offer other exciting options to compensate for the low specs. The Moto X had made waves at the launch for the wide array of customization features the company had offered.
Motorola may however choose to offer the Moto E without any fancy feature and focus instead on the price. The competition is fierce for a top end model of smartphones and companies like Apple have chosen not to launch low cost devices for budget conscious consumers, this leaves room for other companies to fill the need in this segment.
Some analysts also expect that the May 13 event could also unveil the upcoming Moto X+1 smartphone, but the possibility of the launch of Motorola Moto E appear to be bigger. Will the upcoming device revive the company's fortunes?
More Articles to Read
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- iPhone 5 vs. LG G3 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Xbox One News: Possible 24-Hour Free Games, 5M Approved Units In China And Continuing Resolution Issues
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year