Motorola Moto E Release Date in a Week? Rumoured Specifications
By Sachin Trivedi | May 5, 2014 3:02 PM EST
Motorola fans looking for a budget phone option other than the Moto G can look forward to the upcoming Moto E smartphone. The invites by the company for a launch event on May 13 reported focus on a phone which is "priced for all."
Workers assemble Motorola phones at the Flextronics plant that will be building the new Motorola smart phone "MotoX" in Fort Worth, Texas September 10, 2013. The factory is a high-profile endorsement for "onshore" manufacturing in the U.S. REUTERS/Mike Stone
The launch event is scheduled to be in London and is expected to showcase the Motorola Moto G follow up - the Moto E. Just like other popular smartphone devices, fans have already got a taste of things to come in the form of leaks and rumours.
The expected specs of the device includes a 4.3 inch capacitive touch screen rendering 540 x 960 pixels resolution, which comes to 256 ppi pixel density on the screen. The device is expected to be light weight with 124.8 x 64.8 x 6.2 mm dimensions.
The Motorola Moto E is rumoured to be equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core processor and run on the Android KitKat operating system. In terms of memory it is expected to come with 4 GB of internal memory, with an option to expand it by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card. The RAM on the device is expected to be 1 GB.
Being a budget smartphone the Motorola Moto E is rumoured to come with a Li-Ion 1900 mAh battery and a 5 MP primary camera. If the rumours turn out to be true, then the device may be a cheaper variant of the Moto G.
The specs however may not be the only factor for consideration. The company may offer other exciting options to compensate for the low specs. The Moto X had made waves at the launch for the wide array of customization features the company had offered.
Motorola may however choose to offer the Moto E without any fancy feature and focus instead on the price. The competition is fierce for a top end model of smartphones and companies like Apple have chosen not to launch low cost devices for budget conscious consumers, this leaves room for other companies to fill the need in this segment.
Some analysts also expect that the May 13 event could also unveil the upcoming Moto X+1 smartphone, but the possibility of the launch of Motorola Moto E appear to be bigger. Will the upcoming device revive the company's fortunes?
More Articles to Read
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions