Motorola Moto E Release Date in a Week? Rumoured Specifications
By Sachin Trivedi | May 5, 2014 3:02 PM EST
Motorola fans looking for a budget phone option other than the Moto G can look forward to the upcoming Moto E smartphone. The invites by the company for a launch event on May 13 reported focus on a phone which is "priced for all."
Workers assemble Motorola phones at the Flextronics plant that will be building the new Motorola smart phone "MotoX" in Fort Worth, Texas September 10, 2013. The factory is a high-profile endorsement for "onshore" manufacturing in the U.S. REUTERS/Mike Stone
The launch event is scheduled to be in London and is expected to showcase the Motorola Moto G follow up - the Moto E. Just like other popular smartphone devices, fans have already got a taste of things to come in the form of leaks and rumours.
The expected specs of the device includes a 4.3 inch capacitive touch screen rendering 540 x 960 pixels resolution, which comes to 256 ppi pixel density on the screen. The device is expected to be light weight with 124.8 x 64.8 x 6.2 mm dimensions.
The Motorola Moto E is rumoured to be equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core processor and run on the Android KitKat operating system. In terms of memory it is expected to come with 4 GB of internal memory, with an option to expand it by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card. The RAM on the device is expected to be 1 GB.
Being a budget smartphone the Motorola Moto E is rumoured to come with a Li-Ion 1900 mAh battery and a 5 MP primary camera. If the rumours turn out to be true, then the device may be a cheaper variant of the Moto G.
The specs however may not be the only factor for consideration. The company may offer other exciting options to compensate for the low specs. The Moto X had made waves at the launch for the wide array of customization features the company had offered.
Motorola may however choose to offer the Moto E without any fancy feature and focus instead on the price. The competition is fierce for a top end model of smartphones and companies like Apple have chosen not to launch low cost devices for budget conscious consumers, this leaves room for other companies to fill the need in this segment.
Some analysts also expect that the May 13 event could also unveil the upcoming Moto X+1 smartphone, but the possibility of the launch of Motorola Moto E appear to be bigger. Will the upcoming device revive the company's fortunes?
More Articles to Read
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best