Motorola Moto E Release Date in a Week? Rumoured Specifications
By Sachin Trivedi | May 5, 2014 3:02 PM EST
Motorola fans looking for a budget phone option other than the Moto G can look forward to the upcoming Moto E smartphone. The invites by the company for a launch event on May 13 reported focus on a phone which is "priced for all."
Workers assemble Motorola phones at the Flextronics plant that will be building the new Motorola smart phone "MotoX" in Fort Worth, Texas September 10, 2013. The factory is a high-profile endorsement for "onshore" manufacturing in the U.S. REUTERS/Mike Stone
The launch event is scheduled to be in London and is expected to showcase the Motorola Moto G follow up - the Moto E. Just like other popular smartphone devices, fans have already got a taste of things to come in the form of leaks and rumours.
The expected specs of the device includes a 4.3 inch capacitive touch screen rendering 540 x 960 pixels resolution, which comes to 256 ppi pixel density on the screen. The device is expected to be light weight with 124.8 x 64.8 x 6.2 mm dimensions.
The Motorola Moto E is rumoured to be equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core processor and run on the Android KitKat operating system. In terms of memory it is expected to come with 4 GB of internal memory, with an option to expand it by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card. The RAM on the device is expected to be 1 GB.
Being a budget smartphone the Motorola Moto E is rumoured to come with a Li-Ion 1900 mAh battery and a 5 MP primary camera. If the rumours turn out to be true, then the device may be a cheaper variant of the Moto G.
The specs however may not be the only factor for consideration. The company may offer other exciting options to compensate for the low specs. The Moto X had made waves at the launch for the wide array of customization features the company had offered.
Motorola may however choose to offer the Moto E without any fancy feature and focus instead on the price. The competition is fierce for a top end model of smartphones and companies like Apple have chosen not to launch low cost devices for budget conscious consumers, this leaves room for other companies to fill the need in this segment.
Some analysts also expect that the May 13 event could also unveil the upcoming Moto X+1 smartphone, but the possibility of the launch of Motorola Moto E appear to be bigger. Will the upcoming device revive the company's fortunes?
More Articles to Read
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Sony Xperia E1 Dual Android 4.4.2 KitKat 20.1.B.0.60 Certified by PTCRB; Transfer Apps to SD Card Possible
- Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 1520: How to Downgrade to Get Lumia Cyan Update for Preview for Developers
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- HTC One M8: Red and Pink Colour Choices Confirmed in the UK, Pre-Orders on Android Smartphone Now Available with Free Dot View Case
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide