PS4 News: New Leaks for PlayStation Now Beta, New PS Games for The Drop, and Expected E3 Game Leaked
By Gel Galang | May 5, 2014 2:08 PM EST
PlayStation Now for the PS4 is still on beta mode, but a new leak has popped out by way of a video that lets users see what the service is like.
The video can be accessed via DualShockers, who has obtained a file from an anonymous source, but basically, you can check out almost everything, from the launch of the service.
It also browses through a number of games that can be played, including Saints Row: The Third, Sniper Elite, Contrast and Puppeteer, but there's quite a long list already, though this can change before the PlayStation Now service is rolled out. The connection test was also featured, which will then prompt a screen that tells you that you can already stream games.
A quick look at the actual gameplay is also shown, as in the case of Puppeteer and Saints Row: The Third, both of which showcase pretty fluid responses without lags, at least as far as what was shown in the video. The only thing that took some time was loading the game, but the PlayStation Now beta has already improved loading times for some games in order to cut the waiting time for players.
The PlayStation Now service is slated for a summer 2014 release date in all its full version glory.
Another game at the E3 2014 for the PS4?
With the E3 2014 already just over a month away, rumours are already flying as to what gamers can expect for event, and the PS4's rumour is already alive and active, starting with the possible new project of From Software.
Sixth Axis reports that the recently bought From Software may reveal its newest title for the PS4 at E3 2014. Even though the new project, currently titled Project Beast has just been rumoured, there are already new screenshots that have been leaked alongside the working title.
From the looks of it, the game may be a dark one, with graves and scary-looking beasts and monsters with combat mechanics mixed in. You can check out the screens yourself in the link above, but they are either legit images or a fan is really invested in making them.
The Drop for May: Borderlands 2, Bound by Flame and more
A lot of gaming genres are meeting together for The Drop, coming in for the PS4, PS3, and PS Vita this May 6, as announced over at the PlayStation Blog.
One of the highlights of Gearbox Software's biggest success of a franchise, Borderlands 2, will be coming in for the promised PS Vita platform, while Bound by Flame, the dark RPG fantasy game will also be making the drop on the PS4 and PS3.
Also making its way to both the PS4 and PS3 is Sportsfriends, which features local multiplayer in four sports games, BaraBariBall, Super Pole Riders, Hokra and Johann Sebastian Joust.
Two PS4 games that will be making to a digital download are MLB 14 The Show, the critically-acclaimed baseball series, and Stick it to the Man, which stars Ray, the almost mutant man with a pink arm on his brain leading you through various puzzles.
Solely on the PS3, you also have Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi, where you'll be fighting as Chizuru alongside the Shinsengumi and enjoying a game of battles, bloodshed, and possible romance.
You have the Borderlands 2, Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse, Football Manager Classic 2014 and God of War Collection all on the PS Vita as a digital download, except for the last one, which is also available for retail.
Titan Attacks!, a title from Puppy Games, will be debuting as a crossbuy title for the PS4, PS3 and PS Vita.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best